Zombie survival

Walsingham

for me it wouldn't be about killing the zombie, so much as poking it and keeping it away from me while i try and get away

Pogo stick?

well if we're talking about modes of transport, then how about a segway?

I meant for prodding them away. But I guess a segway would be quite funny. It's just slightly faster than a slomo.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have no way to defend myself or those I love. I suppose I would pray until the zombies burst into my home, then I'd slit my throat before I changed.

After reviewing this thread, I can fully conclude that everyone here will die except Rosbjerg. He'll only survive by pushing down women and children to make it to the boat. Tarna will probably be patient zero with all the weird crap hoarded.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've decided that I now want to play a zombie outbreak strategy/SIM game. One where you are the president of the US.

A zombie outbreak occurs in a random location in the world. You must use your intelligence gather resources to tell where it's coming from and how fast it's spreading. Then you must set up emergency plans to protect your own people, combat the threat, prevent it from spreading, evacuation, economy, maintain infrastructure, etc.

Or hell, give me a mode in Civ where zombie outbreaks can occur.

Edit: Heck, why just zombies? Any sort of sci-fi outbreak! That would make it more complex. Maybe it's an alien virus and if you nuke it, it spreads faster! You don't know what it is at first, it could be anything.

Edited by Tale

After reviewing this thread, I can fully conclude that everyone here will die except Rosbjerg. He'll only survive by pushing down women and children to make it to the boat.

Pushing down children? no doubt! But I couldn't bring myself to sacrifice women.. I need them to repopulate the planet!

Fortune favors the bald.

just say, I will not die a virgin. another thing i have swords and other weapons so when it occurs I can fight my way to more secure location.

440 stainless steel won't get you far against zombies.

Tale, you can rig RISK to be a zombie simulator. The game starts with Great Britain over-run with five zombie armies. Each turn after that, the players roll a dice. The guy with the highest dice chooses which way the zombies move. When the zombies move they fight. When they fight any army beaten by them is immediately (inside the combat) turned into more zombies. Each turn the zombies also receive two zombies per country as the civil powers fall apart and enclaves get eaten.

As a further point, whenever you cash in those cards you get two zombie outbreaks in each of the regions shown on the cards cashed. Keep in mind you HAVE to cash cards when you have five or more. Zombies can and will thus appear in other people's territory as well as yours when you do this. If a territory contains troops then combat ensues.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

just say, I will not die a virgin. another thing i have swords and other weapons so when it occurs I can fight my way to more secure location.

440 stainless steel won't get you far against zombies.

440 stainless steel will get me far enough to get to either a safer place or better weapons. Now where is my tools, so I can convert my can into a ram.

Tale, you can rig RISK to be a zombie simulator. The game starts with Great Britain over-run with five zombie armies. Each turn after that, the players roll a dice. The guy with the highest dice chooses which way the zombies move. When the zombies move they fight. When they fight any army beaten by them is immediately (inside the combat) turned into more zombies. Each turn the zombies also receive two zombies per country as the civil powers fall apart and enclaves get eaten.

As a further point, whenever you cash in those cards you get two zombie outbreaks in each of the regions shown on the cards cashed. Keep in mind you HAVE to cash cards when you have five or more. Zombies can and will thus appear in other people's territory as well as yours when you do this. If a territory contains troops then combat ensues.

Sounds pretty cool. But now that I've started thinking about Civ IV with zombies, I can't think of anything else.

Just imagine if there was a "bioweapon" technology. You could research it, then launch it as weapons at your enemies and watch it go so far out of control it becomes a threat to all civs, including your own. And if you're particularly unlucky, it may get accidentally unleashed on your own people.

Now imagine it's not exclusive to zombies and has randomly determined characteristics. Maybe it's airborne, maybe it feeds on radiation. No way to know how to stop it until you get the appropriate technologies to examine it. But, uh oh, maybe an accident while examining it....

well for the best avoiding cities will be very obivious. and living in smaller groups is also obivious.

then again Zombies are stupid but they are many. so Smaller groups with a well stocked of guns, supplies, medicine, and food will be at the start of the zombie invasions will be ideal until we can regroup.

Edited by DeathScepter

Sounds pretty cool. But now that I've started thinking about Civ IV with zombies, I can't think of anything else.

Just imagine if there was a "bioweapon" technology. You could research it, then launch it as weapons at your enemies and watch it go so far out of control it becomes a threat to all civs, including your own. And if you're particularly unlucky, it may get accidentally unleashed on your own people.

Now imagine it's not exclusive to zombies and has randomly determined characteristics. Maybe it's airborne, maybe it feeds on radiation. No way to know how to stop it until you get the appropriate technologies to examine it. But, uh oh, maybe an accident while examining it....

A Zombie RTS? Now that sounds interesting.. Just seeing your cities fall on by one. Maybe trying to evacuate your civilization to uninfested parts of the planet, pushing out the exsisting nations while your at it.. I like it!

and a good suggestion Walsh, I'm gonna try that some time!

Fortune favors the bald.

Glad to hear you like the sound of. Obviously add your own house rules, but it's surprisingly easy to do, and bags of fun. Certainly spices up the game.

-Elwood Blues

Maybe if you win Blizzard's Frostmourne contest and get the prize (a replica of the actual Frostmourne) you might be able to control the zombies and/or slaughter them.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/zombie - What Are Your Chances of Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse?

I suggest that http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/ is equally illuminating. Just look at Akira, we're going to have five year olds swarming for our bottlecaps, never mind the zombies. (I got 19.)

Guest The Architect

I have a 53% chance of surviving a zombie apocalypse, and I could take 28 five year olds in a fight.

I have a surprisingly high 65% chance of surviving a zombie onslaught, but I can only take on 24 five year olds.. Probably because I have a hard time picturing myself holding a five year old in the legs and using him/her as a club on other five year olds.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Meh, 57%. I am zombie food.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Meh, 57%. I am zombie food.

57 % too

I blame not owning gun :shifty:

But I'd survive simply because I'm so determined to survive

26 kiddos

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

49% chance of survival only. I live in a densely packed city, without a gun, and only enough food reserves for a few days. My lack of morals wouldn't be enough to save me. Also, I'd look longingly at my loved one before shooting her in the noggin, which is usually a fatal mistake.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: