How many teams does Obsidian have now?

DemonKing

The two-and-a-half guess is correct; Fergie envisioned two projects going full steam, and one project in pre-conceptual stages that doesn't require as many people. As one of the full steam project finishes, the project-in-waiting would go vroom vroom.

I find it likely that Aliens and NWN2 Xpack are the two main projects at this time, and Alpha Protocol in its early stages, though perhaps it's the other way round. But then we'd be waiting quite a while for the Xpack, won't we? And I don't really see that happening.

Except that Alpha Protocol is starting to get hype now. And it's been reported to be scheduled for an early 2009 release. Add to that the fact that Project Georgia has been known about for some time (what a year? Year and a half?).

So it's quite likely that Alpha Protocol and Aliens are fully staffed. Hell, Alpha Protocol could even be the next release from OE.

(unless there is a third team working on a NWN2 expansion of course. What project is Montgomery Markland assigned to anyway?)

They've clearly stated before that a full team isn't always working on a game, and that variously the teams lose and gain members of the development cycle.

With that in mind I think it makes it possible for a NWN2 xpack, Aliens and AP to all be in advanced stages of production.

I thought Georgia died? Or was that New Jersey? Or was one of them Aliens? Gah. :-

I suppose the Xpack may not be as big or long a project.

Monty, on what project are you working on now? Alpha Protocol? :thumbsup:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I would guess by the xenomorph hugging his avatar's ummm...face, that it would be Aliens.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

What if we have 1 million teams? Maybe you all are a part of the team? Maybe i like to ask weird questions?

I think you're confusing us with your team of one million monkeys with typewriters.

We have one million typewriters with monkeys.

Thanks for the awesome avatar Jorian!

I would guess by the xenomorph hugging his avatar's ummm...face, that it would be Aliens.

Whoops

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What if we have 1 million teams? Maybe you all are a part of the team? Maybe i like to ask weird questions?

I think you're confusing us with your team of one million monkeys with typewriters.

We have one million typewriters with monkeys.

I bet that room is really smelly :wowey:

And thats just the monkeys. Lord knows what is thrown in there! *Opens door

*Dodges UFS; unidentified Flying Something. Finds out what it is, and runs out of OE*

I WANT MAH PAY!

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

I think this was already stated, Obsidian Entertainment has 3 teams. Two are full sized development teams, one is a smaller team used for getting projects going or supporting an existing project. As I understand it, we are currently at the size the owners want the company to be at.

The team members are NOT fixed, they float from team to team depending on what is needed and what an individual person wants to work on. The owners and leads are very accommodating within real world limits.

For example, I worked on NX1, Alpha Protocol, and am now on Aliens.

Josh contributed design work to Alpha Protocol, but he is also the Lead Designer on Aliens.

Chris Avellone works on everything.

Justin Cherry works on everything.

Those are just some examples.

The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false.

--Paul Johnson