New Fallout 3 screens

sharkz

But don't despair, there's beards!

More ****ing beards than ever any game ever before! w00t!

To be fair to Todd though, crappy beards were a big complaint of many Obilivion players.

So at least the devs are listening!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

some 100 unremarkable traits that aren't a big deal.

Funnily enough, they're doing their idiot PR again. Instead of just telling us "oh, probably 20 perks? More? Definitely more than 20" they're doing completely bankrupt maths of "100 if you included multiple ranks". Who includes multiple ranks when counting the number of perks?! Well, the same people that release the number of ending permutations but not of endings, thereby making the media think the game has 200 endings! If they weren't doing this on purpose, then....

I don't mind the news about kids at all, because I think it was pretty inevitable. It would be more tiresome for Beth and us to deal with the massive backlash if you COULD shoot children.

I like the bar screenie as well, really. Finally we see a ghoul that doesn't look like a Resident Evil zombie! Building is nice too, looks very American.

Wait what, no SDK or editor included? Why? Didn't your focus groups like it? Did the information system and process-engineers deem it as unnecessary? Were the marketers afraid of a potential "killing children"-mod?

Bah.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I had low expectations, but I thought that was extremely underwhelming in every way except the environments (which look nice). Combat looks like ass, and if that's how VATS looks like... Well, it certainly wasn't as amusing as the previews claimed. I looked downright unresponsive, and generally non-satisfying.

I don't know what else to say, it looks like a travesty I think. It doesn't even look fun as a FPS type of game. :shifty:

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I guess that pipboy design might be necessary with an XBox controller, but on the PC that interface would be incompetent crap. Also, the fatman is just stupid.

I'd like to see how a full quest might work.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It was definitely a pre-fab trailer (notice how the PC manages to hit the robot despite having a 0% chance) but it looks slightly more responsive than Oblivion was, which is nice. I'm wondering if the Science skill will be useful for more than just hacking.

And assuming all this criticism is coming from a reasonable place (lulz to that idea) Obsidz is going to have to rethink this whole AP thing. The fans don't like no action. They like things meticulous and low-key.

Edited by Pop

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36202.html

Full trailer. I think they nailed the live-action movie at the start, actually very funny and with a real glint in the eye. I thought the cartoons kinda sucked though, but overall the mood there is fantastic.

Combat still looks iffy to me though (which is basically what the rest of the trailer consists of). Perhaps I'm dumb, or a cranky old fart, but I fail to see what's impressive here. I'll take something like STALKERs (if we're talking first person games) combat over this, based on how combat seemed to play out in this trailer and the Todd demonstration.

Like I said before, I actually didn't think I'd be underwhelmed since my expectations were rather low, but I'm really wondering what it is that is causing people to go crazy in these trailers/demos so far.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Looks like crap. The graphics are as gray and drab as MW's was crappy brown. Disgusting. And, the enclave have been reduced to nothing but enemies to kill. You'd think they'd wnat to capture you to find our where your vault is (if they don't know); but nooooo..

LAME.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Looks fun. The graphics are nice, and the gameplay seems pretty fast-paced and engaging. And if the Vault-Tec promo is anything to go by, the atmosphere will be pretty spot on.

The third person camera is HORRIBLE, though. What's the point of having ~1/3 of the screen blocked by the PC's ASS? I hope it's adjustable. And I'm also beginning to fear that this game will have no dialogue whatsoever, and that's why none has been shown so far...

Looks like crap. The graphics are as gray and drab as MW's was crappy brown. Disgusting. And, the enclave have been reduced to nothing but enemies to kill. You'd think they'd wnat to capture you to find our where your vault is (if they don't know); but nooooo..

LAME.

Uh huh. Now try watching the trailers.

The third person camera is HORRIBLE, though. What's the point of having ~1/3 of the screen blocked by the PC's ASS? I hope it's adjustable.

I think it is just Betheda's desperate attempt to lure Sand to buy the game

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

That trailer does seem better, even if it was just combat. At least the combat seems like an improvement over Oblivion.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Great video. I just hope there is a way to avoid all that fighting with some good conversation or sneak skills.

That's really the key question to the whole thing. The combat is pretty much what one would expect. How much of the game is not about combat though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Great video. I just hope there is a way to avoid all that fighting with some good conversation or sneak skills.

That's really the key question to the whole thing. The combat is pretty much what one would expect. How much of the game is not about combat though.

My expectation is that the game will be combat heavy and you won't be able to avoid it. That's the trend with pretty much every game out there today, and Bethesda hasn't ever released a game that let you sneak your way through it. I'm not going to hate the game if that's the case, but I'll be a bit bummed.

If they can really capture the feel of the original, where you felt you could talk your way out of most bad situations, that would be phenomenal. I'm glad to see that the Vault experience looks like a fun non-combat episode, but I'm guessing it's a lot of run and gun after you leave the vault. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Hmm, the live-action part was pretty good at setting the mood. However, i found the droid in the kitchen a bit too anachronistic compared to the rest of the setting the video wanted to portray. Maybe i need to replay the previous fallouts again.

For the rest of the part, urrr...where was the roleplaying? It looked like a CoD4-clone to me, filled with bullet-time captions and a lot of gore. My point is, while there was gore and plenty of it in the previous installations of the Fallouts, it was simple handled with a lot of self-irony, and to some degree, maturity. Think Itchy & Scratchy.

Here, on the other hand, it is much more explicit and direct, almost like they try to make into a 'cool'-factor with the bullet-time effects. Strictly speaking, very juvenile and shallow. Think Michael Bay.

I don't know what to make out of this really, there's also the issue of the camera-angle in third person, and the complete lack of any examples of how the dialogue-trees will be implemented and the use of skills as well.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy