New Fallout 3 screens

sharkz

Maybe that'll be one of the side quests in F3: find out who stole all of the missing top soil and get them to bring it back, so's people can plant gardens an' stuff, and so liven up an otherwise bleak landscape.

That'd rawk.

Maybe there is radiation all over the place in the top soil or something. Or maybe there isn't any top soil anymore because all the construction companies used it back before the bombs went off, so now all the top soil is under all the houses and buildings, and plants can't grow under buildings and houses.

Nature has easily reclaimed the land previously devastated by Chernobyl. And that was only about, what, 20 years ago?

Totally. All those giant mutated scorpions are running all over the place, and even now, the survivors are turning into green, lumpy-skinned immortal mutants.

What I'm saying is, we should be expecting realism down to the specific details of this post-nuclear environment.

Edited by Pop

TOP SOIL

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Now that I think about it, Bethesda really should have taken a long, hard look at STALKER when designing Fallout 3. That world is absolutely fantastic as a post-nuclear example. Actually, they could have ripped off the weapon sounds and monster designs and Russian guys playing guitar around campfires too..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Now that I think about it, Bethesda really should have taken a long, hard look at STALKER when designing Fallout 3. That world is absolutely fantastic as a post-nuclear example. Actually, they could have ripped off the weapon sounds and monster designs and Russian guys playing guitar around campfires too..

In many ways, I found STALKER too hard for my liking (I haven't finished it yet, currently at Pripyat), but it sure has a lot going for it. Not at least it's post apocalyptic athmosphere, even if it is just on a local scale :(

Which reminds me, I better go take a look at that "Clear Sky" prequel.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, If it doesn't look like crap it's not Fallout. And.. the screenshots looks like crap, so I guess it must be Fallout. :)

I'm so excited to see what happens from this. This could potentially end up being pretty good.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

WHAT THE **** MAN GO DIE IN FIRE

...No wait, that wasn't good enough.

And Fallouts art direction was awesome. Awesome

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, If it doesn't look like crap it's not Fallout. And.. the screenshots looks like crap, so I guess it must be Fallout. :ermm:

Woah, a blast from the past!

And I...sort of agree.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No hookers are confirmed i'd say.

Oh, what a suprise.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 1 month later...

So Todd Howard's given some updates.

- Apparently the game is finished, as far as "expanding the borders of the game" go. It still needs to be filled in and polished.

- The game is twice as long as they had originally planned. As big as Oblivion, 20 hour main plotline, 100 hours or so all told.

- 1 NPC companion at any one time, not including Dogmeat.

They have hoes that can travel faster than the speed of light?!?!? WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

As big as Oblivion? That sounds good. I thought Oblivion was a bit undersized, but they've thtreatened to make Fallout 3 even less big! Good to know it's at least equal in size :)

Don't really care about companions though. I usually solo Fallout's. Much more fun that way.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Oh, also, forgot to say, they've expanded the possible endings from 8-12 to, uh, over 200. I'm sure there's something going unspoken there. Possibly a hair-splitting definition of "ending", possibly a serious case of Molyneuxsis.

Edited by Pop

Oh, also, forgot to say, they've expanded the possible endings from 8-12 to, uh, over 200. I'm sure there's something going unspoken there. Possibly a hair-splitting definition of "ending", possibly a serious case of Molyneuxsis.

If it's something like the slide shows at the end of NWN2 or Arcanum, it wouldn't be hard for the possible combinations to total over 200. Is that the kind of thing they mean?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)