New Fallout 3 screens

sharkz

Microsoft doesn't allow developers to implement mouse/keyboard support into their games though (supposedly because it would make the Xbox 360 too much like a computer). So yeah, the Xbox 360 (as well as every other console) is limited by the controller.

That seems like a silly limitation on Microsoft parts. They need to amend that.

It's likely there are legal issues.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

What kind of legal issues can their be in allowing keyboard and mouse?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That sort of depends on what Fallout 3 turns into... :)

[/despair]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm not too worried about tze combat anyway, as that is something Bethesda never got right. I'm more worried about the world size and depth. Is it true that F3 will be as large as Oblivion? Hope not....

Originally they were saing it was smaller than Ob, recently though I've heard that it is now going to be close to a similar size. However, it shoud be pointed put that the scope of the gameworld is smaller, mostly one city and surroundings vs an entire region as in Oblivion so more time is being spent on less area which should be a good thing.

Bethesda has made a lot of indications that they understand the complaint that the OB gameworld felt empty and static and impersonal: more voice actors, fewer npcs, more attempt to provide a detailed experience vs a generic one.

WHich is good, but let's be honest, talk is cheap. Historyu as shown that the current deign team has a way different take on making a "good" crpg than I do.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Too much fighting, very little (as in zero) character interaction in those screenies. I wanna see some hot ghoul babes up close. Preferably the glowing kind. And no examples of melee combat, either. I'd like to see how they'll handle taking on a deathclaw mommy and her cubs with only your palm strike and piercing kick skills to rely on. Because absurd combat is Fallout too, right folks?

Caving in a deathclaw nasal bridge with just one kick, ah.

Those truly were the days.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You need a high (9-10) luck and agile character, and the more and better criticals and perks. Slayer is a bonus. Pump up your Unarmed skill like crazy and get to about level 15 where you get the best melee attacks. I'm not sure but I think critical side effects (insta death) are also dependant on your level. But yeah, you can go around killing pretty much anything in one hit, even power-armored Enclave troopers. Floaters and Centaurs seem more resistant to that for some reason, though. And they appear in large numbers, so it's not healthy to try.

Gifted, small frame, Improved criticals, improved hth, action boy, silent death, massive criticals, etc all helped. Actually, it was suicidal to go without them. At about 120% in Unarmed, mostly everything started to fall. Well, everything except creatures that resist normal damage. There was no magical(lol) edge to be gained into your damage, so you had to go with just criticals when against aliens and wanamingos(iirc).

I never actually took my monk build into Oil Rig(I've never had the patience to finish F2), but before that it worked well enough. You might want to take someone like Marcus with you to clear alien hordes though. And mutants with rocket launchers are a bitch, since you often can't get close enough score the vital criticals. I remember one section in Military Base where it was impossible to sneak through as well.

Still, that build is my fondest F2 play. I took most of the talky and scientific skills as well, giving myself implants, doing all quests by talking if possible, played like a paladin in all respects.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Now I feel like playing Fallout 1&2 again :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gifted, small frame, Improved criticals, improved hth, action boy, silent death, massive criticals, etc all helped. Actually, it was suicidal to go without them. At about 120% in Unarmed, mostly everything started to fall. Well, everything except creatures that resist normal damage. There was no magical(lol) edge to be gained into your damage, so you had to go with just criticals when against aliens and wanamingos(iirc).

I never actually took my monk build into Oil Rig(I've never had the patience to finish F2), but before that it worked well enough. You might want to take someone like Marcus with you to clear alien hordes though. And mutants with rocket launchers are a bitch, since you often can't get close enough score the vital criticals. I remember one section in Military Base where it was impossible to sneak through as well.

Still, that build is my fondest F2 play. I took most of the talky and scientific skills as well, giving myself implants, doing all quests by talking if possible, played like a groin kicking paladin in all respects.

I can inform you that it works very well in the oil rig, too. You punch an advanced power armor clad soldier, and the only thing that stops him is a wall. I soon learned to only hit them in a direction where a wall isn't too far away, or else, I'd be playing catch up with the buggers.

Edit: Also, FIXED,

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You'd get TOMBS points for the edit, were it still alive.

There's nothing like kicking every mob boss into the groin in New Reno - and surviving!

kirottu said:

hehe i always loved smacking Lil Jesus Mordino in the groin with the Supersledge

i'd do it in every playthrough, no matter what my melee weapons skill was

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

We could make a game called The Adventures of The Groin Kicking Paladin! With an added animation it could be a mod for NWN2.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

And apparently Unarmed is total bollocks in the prequel.

kirottu said:

i'd say the second one

nothing quite like clearing out the families in New Reno with systematic kicks to the nads :*

I like going gangland on the New Reno families. My very own Tommy gun!

Kicking those stupid kids in the groin will teach them to steal from you.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.