Peter Jackson to produce two Hobbit movies

aVENGER

That'll be a pretty joyful movie...

Does it feature the mass slaughter of many Hobbits? Oh, how I loved Overlord for it giving me that.

I may like it on second thought... :)

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I really hope Sam Raimi doesn't do them. He's all wrong for it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Does it feature the mass slaughter of many Hobbits?

That's at the end of the Return of the King - although they did not include that battle in the movie...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Does it feature the mass slaughter of many Hobbits?

That's at the end of the Return of the King - although they did not include that battle in the movie...

WRRRRRRRRRRRRY!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You guys have it all wrong - it's the GNOMES whose presence we must erradicate! Gnomes are evil, annoying, and arrogant (with the exception of Grobnar whose just annoying, and Jan Jansen whose genuinely a stand-up guy), and must be ethnically cleansed for the good of all races.

Anyone's who's played

Arcanum

KNOWS the TRUTH about gnomes! Ever wonder how they always maintain a contingent of half-ogre "servants"? They kidnap human chickz0rz are force them to do the dirty with ogres in breeding pits. It's teh conspiracz0rs!1 I've taken great risk to bring you people the ugly TRUTH about gnomes and now must flee for my life before it's too late! :aiee:

manthing2.jpg

I think all the books still lend themselves a lot better to animation than feature films. I like The Fellowship of the Ring though, the rest of the films, not so much.

I have issues with how a lot of things look, like Gimli, he doesen't look very tough beneath all that rubber foam makup. The physics look wrong. Sticking hair on a guys feet and shrinking him doesen't make him look like a hobbit, neither do elves with 5 o clock shadows inspire that much.

Although the goblins in Moria were spot on to me, Frodo was ok as well somehow, maybe because of the baby looks of Elijah Wood.

They did an animation of LotR already, which is not worth watching 2 seconds of, with the exception of the design of the Nazgul, quite awesome.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

• 1 month later...

That would be utterly awesome.

Think how Hobbit would feel with a Pan's Labyrinth vibe!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I knew without clicking that the link would feature the Pale Man. :)

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

They did an animation of LotR already, which is not worth watching 2 seconds of, with the exception of the design of the Nazgul, quite awesome.

No they're not. They look like the ice-cream themed ghosts from some old Scooby Doo episode that I saw as a kid.

I thought that the design and animation on Smaug was well done and that Richard Boone did a great job on the voice as well. Edited by Kelverin

For the most part, Jackson did a good job with the LotR films. It would be impossible to have every character, story from the books in the movies. The movies would have to be longer. Plus a lot of those characters are pointless since they don't really add anything to the main story. Tolkien is pretty long winded when he writes.

Some stupid things that Jackson did was making Legolas into some lame action hero. Sliding down the stairs at Helms Deep was one of those WTF moments.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

He did do very well, all things considered, with LotR - very entertaining movies that were more than just "decnt movies based on a book", if you know what I mean. I can't really imagine anyone else doing any better, so I'd view this as a hopeful thing.

But I didn't like King Kong much ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think he (Peter jackson) did a good job on the movies until halfway through Return of the King. The ending of an otherwise awesome movie trilogy was cringeworthy :ermm:

Fellowship of the Ring was spot on and The Two Towers was my favourite for various reasons, but Return of the King?... Bleh.

I haven't seen his version of King Kong, is it any good?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, one day he will be stabbed by rabid fans for cutting the glorious Scouring. But you know, if he put it in, there will be people saying "what was with that lame ending", so...

I saw King Kong, but I no longer remember the original, so I guess it's sort of pointless. I thought it was a good movie as it is, considering I wasn't interested in King Kong anyway to begin with. Now it's going to be interesting what del Toro does with Hobbit.

But we all know we can't rest easy until we find out if MacKellen's back.

Yeah, one day he will be stabbed by rabid fans for cutting the glorious Scouring. But you know, if he put it in, there will be people saying "what was with that lame ending", so...

I saw King Kong, but I no longer remember the original, so I guess it's sort of pointless. I thought it was a good movie as it is, considering I wasn't interested in King Kong anyway to begin with. Now it's going to be interesting what del Toro does with Hobbit.

But we all know we can't rest easy until we find out if MacKellen's back.

No McKellan = me no watchie

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Mckellen has said many times that he would absolutely LOVE to head back for Middle Earth, like much of cast for that matter.

He even had a project in the works for a television series of The Hobbit starring him as Gandalf.

Unless some time or contract issues arise, which I think they would(and should) just wait until he's ready, he's very much into it.

Edited by astr0creep