What are you playing now?

Darque

Oblivion. I went out and bought the Game of the Year Edition.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Last night I played the all-new Minerva: Metastasis mod single player mod for hl2. It was great.

All-new? The first part of it is two years old and the second (most recent) part is a year and a half.

Pre-edit: What...the...heck?! PART THREE IS OUT?! ASGDJAPSDGAPSDG I need to go home to play it!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I desperately need to play Minerva part 3 as well.

Damn you lack of computer!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My winning streak included this awesome game. Koivu had 2 goals, 1 assist and Kovalev had 2 goals.

post-3491-1191299655_thumb.jpg

Am I hitting enough now? ;)

Yes, young padawan, you have learned.

I'm putting off playing game seven of the western conference final against the Blackhawks. The winner of the next game goes on to play Philly ( :o ) in the Cup final.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

My winning streak included this awesome game. Koivu had 2 goals, 1 assist and Kovalev had 2 goals.

post-3491-1191299655_thumb.jpg

Am I hitting enough now? ;)

Yes, young padawan, you have learned.

I'm putting off playing game seven of the western conference final against the Blackhawks. The winner of the next game goes on to play Philly ( :o ) in the Cup final.

I just played a game against Pittsburgh that I lost 5-4 in overtime. Toskala absolutely sucked in that game. He let in three first period short handed goals. The 1st was a Crosby breakaway. He was already half way down the ice when Pittsburgh picked up the pick in their end (after my shot rebounded off Sabourin's head) and passed it to him. He made a decent deke and put it in the short side. I scored a couple minutes later to tie it up and off the ensuing face off the center picked up the puck, skated around Smolinski and put it in high stick side from beyond the blue line. Since I was down by two I was still on the penalty kill when we faced off at center. Roberts won the draw and lobbed the puck at the net. For some stupid reason Toskala was lying down on the ground and the puck went in right over him.

Toskala is now riding the bench for the next few games until he learns how to stop pucks again.

Last night I played the all-new Minerva: Metastasis mod single player mod for hl2. It was great.

All-new? The first part of it is two years old and the second (most recent) part is a year and a half.

Pre-edit: What...the...heck?! PART THREE IS OUT?! ASGDJAPSDGAPSDG I need to go home to play it!

It actually adds two chapters this time, "Depth Charge" and "Pegasus" that brings an end to "Minerva:Metastasis" (but not the whole Minerva thing).

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

post-3491-1191368429_thumb.jpg

My highest scoring game so far. I've still yet to record a hat trick with anyone. Koivu has several 2 goal games and Gelinas almost had a hat trick during this game, but I was a little slow on the release and he hit the post. :(

EDIT: And in my next game I get to play them again. :D

Edited by Deraldin

O RLY? Even with all the multiple soultions to quests? On the other side, it is kinda linear in the way of where to go next...

multiple solutions?

just like KOTOR there's pretty much 1 good option, 1 evil option, and 1 neutral option

though admittedly there are a few quests with multiple options like the stupid quest in Tien's Landing to find Ai Ling a husband. i just made her marry the fat moron outside (Big Tian or something)

don't get me wrong, i don't dislike the game, it's just not one i'd play over and over. there's only so much of mashing the A button i can tolerate (combat was stupidly easy)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

don't get me wrong, i don't dislike the game, it's just not one i'd play over and over. there's only so much of mashing the A button i can tolerate (combat was stupidly easy)

The only combats that were really difficult was the marathon at the beginning of the game when I was still getting used to the controls and a couple of the later fights where the enemy has those stupid retribution shield things. You'll be pounding away on them and before you notice that they've turned the ability on you're dead. >_<

I just played a game against Pittsburgh that I lost 5-4 in overtime. Toskala absolutely sucked in that game. He let in three first period short handed goals. The 1st was a Crosby breakaway. He was already half way down the ice when Pittsburgh picked up the pick in their end (after my shot rebounded off Sabourin's head) and passed it to him. He made a decent deke and put it in the short side. I scored a couple minutes later to tie it up and off the ensuing face off the center picked up the puck, skated around Smolinski and put it in high stick side from beyond the blue line. Since I was down by two I was still on the penalty kill when we faced off at center. Roberts won the draw and lobbed the puck at the net. For some stupid reason Toskala was lying down on the ground and the puck went in right over him.

Toskala is now riding the bench for the next few games until he learns how to stop pucks again.

Imagine how I feel then: Toskala is in my REAL LIFE team!

(although he certainly hasn't made a fool of himself yet..)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Imagine how I feel then: Toskala is in my REAL LIFE team!

(although he certainly hasn't made a fool of himself yet..)

Bah, that was weeks ago. I'm in the playoffs now. I finished first in my division, conference and the league. Koivu finished the season with 100 points and 53 goals to take the Art Ross and the Rocket Richard. Montreal now goes on to face Boston in the first round.

It actually adds two chapters this time, "Depth Charge" and "Pegasus" that brings an end to "Minerva:Metastasis" (but not the whole Minerva thing).

I'm stuck in the part after I blow up the nodes in the very end of the singularity beam, the place gets blasted to smithereens, I take an elevator to the top and it gets stuck halfway. I can't seem to be able to jump from the broken window or indeed go forward in any way.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Phantom Hourglass

The stylus contol is actually very good, but I'd kill to just be able to use the D-pad instead sometimes. The stylus is irreplaceable in other regards though, such as navigating at see (at least how they do it), and the boomerang (which I prefer this way). The "blow into your mic to simulate Link blowing" nonsense is ridiculous though and whoever thought about making it pop up multiple times needs to be fired. It was stupid in Phoenix Wright 1 remake, it's stupid here. Blow out the candles! Blow off the dust! I can't imagine what kind of idiot it takes to think blowing onto my handheld is somehow fun.

Well I ran through the 16 games of the playoffs in my NHL 08 season. I was getting kinda bored so I let the computer sim the first 55 minutes of each game so that I would come in with 5 minutes left. I still didn't lose a game, although the one where I came in down 4-1 was a close one. I tied that one up to send it to overtime with about 5 seconds left on the clock.

I did actually play the full game in the first round and when I did that I came out at the end with a 4-0 record with a 36% powerplay and a 100% penalty kill.

Stayed up all night played Half Life 2: Episode 2. Also got in about 30 minutes of Portal before I realized the dialogue didn't decrypt properly.

I have both good and bad things to say about Episode 2, I'm nearly done, so I feel mostly confident in my stance. There are aspects of Valve's episodic approach that, even only after two episodes, feels a little formulaic. There are several things they introduce in Episode 1, slightly elaborate on in Episode 2, and then are leaving us to explore in Episode 3. It seems as if they're either: a) trying desperately to make sure we don't think they throw them in at the last minute or b) keep them fresh in our minds each episode with incremental teasers to try to tie everything together.

As episodes, they don't stand on their own feet very well, if at all, is the basis of what I'm saying. And as a single creation cut into pieces, it's just too damned busy. I also feel it lacks the attention to detail Half-Life 2 had. The G-man appearances, Kleiner's lab (mini-teleport, Kleiner's miscellaneous commentary on multiple things). Though the recurring "couple on the couch" gag is a detail I'm glad they're still keeping.

On the upside, gameplay is still top notch and pacing is among the best. I love the new creatures, scenes, encounters. There's a nice little ambush which is probably one of my favorite fights in shootan. The Hunters are incredibly epic for relatively common enemies and, trust me, the gameplay vids do them no justice, they've changed since then. They're not mini-striders or running turrets.

Who dies?

Gordon does. A few times, in fact. Keep quicksaves handy.

Edited by Tale

How was the Nest?

kirottu said: