Mass Effect Is Extreme

Volourn

He wants co-op.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Haha, the dialogue is as corny as an 80's action-flick + it will feature alien lesbian nude-scenes as well. I haven't taken this game seriously since the first video, and i probably never will.

Instant buy on the first day, unless it will suffer from the same reviews as Lair.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What I thought was kinda interesting during the dialogues was that when you picked an option, your character would say something different than what you picked. For example, at the end of the trailer your dialogue option was, "you don't deserve to live," but your character says (something like), "Too many people died here today Fist. You don't walk away."

I kinda liked that, and I wonder if spoken dialogues change based on how you play, or how your character develops, or what you learn through the game, but when you're choosing which dialogue option to click on, that choice remains a more generioc one.

But yeah, the game looks cool.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

That would be interesting, but I would expect that all dialogue is fixed, its just that they don't type the entire thing out for you in order for a 'more cinematic and real time' experience. Which is fair enough on the type of dialogue they're trying to achieve.

They supposedly want to make it change upon varying factors, including when you press it. For example, if you press the button to select a response early the character will interrupt and have different dialog than if you wait, where it will make it seem like he thought about something.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Gamespy got a chance to play the latest build of the game and did a preview of Mass Effect. Supposedly theres some kind of grainy filter they added that is a kind of you either love it or hate it type deal and I guess makes the graphics suffer. Luckily there is a way to turn it off so w/e, my concerns on combat are still there but eh these type of games aren't all about combat.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Looks good to me, though the voice acting is a little bit wooden.

But only Ninja Gaiden 2 will make me buy a 360! Since it will never come out on PC.

From what I've seen it seems like only the voice for the main character is bad. Almost all the supporting characters are good.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm waiting for Halo 3 to thin out all the older 360s on shelves. Then I'll swoop in and buy a nice new one with HDMI and the extra heatsink, just in time for Mass Effect!

That is my plan as well. But anyway, beware whiny bitches in: The Return of Carth (as Kaidan)!

If you don't get that, the voice actor for Carth in KOTOR (Raphael Sbarge) is returning to voice another main NPC in Mass Effect named Kaidan.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Unless they write him some non-whiny dialogue.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

re: Carth/Sbarge

If the guy is an actor, he ought to be able to play a different character.

Grey Delisle voiced The Handmaiden in KOTOR II. If I hadn't read it somewhere, I'd have never guessed she also voiced Viconia in the Baldur's Gate games.

For bonus points, what other BG NPC(s) did she voice?

Nalia D'Arnise in BG 2 and Skie in BG 1.

Man, voice acting would be a great job. I could read dialogue lines all day. Just gimme a hot cup of tea and I'd be set.

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Man, voice acting would be a great job. I could read dialogue lines all day. Just gimme a hot cup of tea and I'd be set.

At Comic Con some of the voice actors talked about the industry and said pretty much the only downside to the job is the pay isn't great unless you achieve Frank Welker or Robert Palmer status, and unless you land a major tv role you tend to only be employed for a couple days at a time and then you have to go job hunting again. But then again, if you achieve Frank Welker or Robert Palmer status, you're always getting job offers.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Carth Onasi: The Original Star Wars Metrosexual.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Unless they write him some non-whiny dialogue.

They surely will write him in a whiney way...because the gals today like these sort of "men".

It's called "Emo."

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Funny, I never thought him that whiny, he just didn't like the main character. People, and indeed rpg chars, can be like that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I thought it was funny that Seth Green voices the pilot in Mass Effect. He kind of fits the role but the voice itself could get a tad irritating. It would be so extreme if you could kill off your crew.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Maybe in a year or two after release. They did that with Jade Empire.

I doubt it. If it takes really that long, it would overlap with ME2 Xbox360. Given that the Unreal Engine already runs on the PC by default and they don't need to create new Hi-Res textures (because the X360 textures should be good enough), this should only take 5, 6 months. Unless they need 2 years time to decide whether to port it or not.