Halo 3 Gone Gold

Meshugger

Linky for the announcement @ Bungie

I dunno. There's so many other games to play (and being released) at other platforms. But i think that this one will contend for the "Best weekly sales evah!"-price.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

A mediocre shooter that got only really got famous because it was the only shooter available for the Xbox, and people still get their knickers in a knot about the franchise even though youve got both Bioshock and Mass effect being released now.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Freaking bloody 4-player online campaign co-op. That (and that alone, probably) will make this my GOTY, most likely.

I'm nearing the end of Halo 1. The level design *has* been repetitive, especially the latter parts of the game. But, co-op + the XTRME Legendary difficulty (seriously, why can't more games have ultra-difficult mode? HL2 on hard was a flaming joke) has made it a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Halo 3 may or may not disappoint in the way of the campaign/level design (after Halo 1, I'm really not expecting much at all - though I may be pleasantly surprised), but its core gameplay is pretty much a guaranteed winner even if they play safe.

I won't even be picking up Bioshock and Mass Effect until they drop in price.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Multiplayer is so worthless. ANd if the game sucks in the singleplayer campaign, it will obviously suck in Coop too.

Spoken like someone who's never played co-op!

Co-op is more about a good excuse to hang out with your buddies. As long as the game isn't complete **** it can be a total blast.

Unless you're one of those anally retentive OH SO SERIOUS BIZNESS gamers who during a co-op campaign tries to get everyone to behave in coordinated patterns and throws a fit everyone your buddy shoots you in the back.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Multiplayer is so worthless. ANd if the game sucks in the singleplayer campaign, it will obviously suck in Coop too.

One word: sex

That game is good singleplayer, too. Single player, co-op, and I hear things about teams and FFA, but I'm not interested. I make no commentary on versus mode, however.

Edited by Tale

How about splitscreen? I never know wether I prefer the upper half of the screen or the lower ;)

I never got into Halo, just a bad game imo... *shrugs* I'd love more co-op games of the better kind, however, as our nights shooting terrorists in Rogue Spear were filled with suspense and fun, and I greatly enjoyed BG:DA (even though the TV resolution made me feel sick very fast). One day, we'll try NWN2 in co-op again, when certain bugs preventing our progress will be history :)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Guest Accept

That game is good singleplayer, too. Single player, co-op, and I hear things about teams and FFA, but I'm not interested. I make no commentary on versus mode, however.

Join up with all your buddys and create a big Team Deathmatch home at your own couch - yes, that is a good game. ;)

But playing it in singleplayer makes you go blind if you don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I've loved Halo the moment I finished the first game. Though maybe the music and epic scenes just go to me.

I don't see how this is a mediocre shooter. It has nice (sometimes very nice graphics), a nice story and some epic moments, with one of the best soundtracks out there. The multiplayer is fun, if you like that kind of thing, and Co-op can be a blast.

The only thing I see where it's lacking is gameplay, where apart from the duel wielding and vehicle hijacking, there isn't much more.

I love the game. And I can see why others wouldn't. But calling it a piece of crap as some do is just wrong.

PS: Though it definitly is NOT the best shooter out there.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Eh, people are bitter about anything that is succesful and mainstream. I'm not a Halo fan, but I have no problem accepting that it's a well done game. I can't think of any bestsellers that weren't well done since Deer Hunter.

Eh, people are bitter about anything that is succesful and mainstream. I'm not a Halo fan, but I have no problem accepting that it's a well done game. I can't think of any bestsellers that weren't well done since Deer Hunter.

What, are you a populist now? Eh, there's no accounting for taste.

But you could be right, and I could just be disliking it because of all the money it's made, instead of the fact that it's a big, loud, stupid game. If Uwe Boll went to film school and learned how to make the perfectly shot and composed movie on a technical level, learned mis en scene and how to light shots just so, it wouldn't matter, because his movies would still be dumber than ****, and we'd still hate them. That Halo has polish isn't something we should give it too much credit for, there's enough money spent on it that it would be outrageous if you couldn't see yourself in it. Excuse me if I'm underwhelmed by this Jerry Bruckheimer-meets-Ringworld juggernaught.

Edited by Pop

So, there's like three persons on this board who've tried co-op?

Alright then, it's your loss. But please don't come complaining about disadvantages that hardly matter in the scope of co-op-gameplay. You're preaching to the choir. Halo is a popcorn game, it's polished, perfectly marketed and it's story, pace and plot model are pre-chewed to dissuade thinking, since the regular Halo gamer is fiftteen, pasty and thinks Peter Jackson's Lotr is the height of the movie medium. Depth is tacked on later on with comics, args, novels etc, while in the actual games everything is done for the sake of gameplay, like HL 2, the plot is a pretext to constantly offer new obstacle courses for the player - an old mechanic, but taken to the peak by Halo 2. Despite all that(or maybe because that) it's a perfect group activity, a continuation to beer and FILA openings.

Call me a populist, but it's not like the franchise is cutting on games with actual depth, Halo is the only decent console fps. It'd be nice for people to actually appreciate it for what it is, for what it tries. I'd be along with you folks on the hate train if Bungie actually were like Molyneux, but they've said before that it's just a first person shooter, not an epic scifi vision for the new generation.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Playing Halo co-op is unmatched. Good times with friends and beer. Halo 2 was not as fun, since the level design was more streamlined and less open-ended. And Mus is right, Halo is to games as Predator is to movies. Not serious, but fun.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've played Halo co-op. Thought it was stupid.

Can't even come close to comparing to the Battlefield games or Unreal Tournament.

There is only ONE advantage to Halo Coop, and that is because it's on a console you only need one console and 4 controllers for four guys. Add another console and TV and you can have 8 people playing at the same time, like a LAN party but cheaper.

I played in a tournament, won several bouts (one of the first times I played even), got bored, and told the final guy I beat that he could go to the finals.

Anyone bragging about HALO Coop would seem to me not to really be into online first person shooters and don't know all the options available via them nowdays.

It truly wasn't anything special. To tell the truth, I had more fun with Doom.

But, as I said, the big special thing about Halo is the bang for the buck and having so many people able to play for so cheaply, meaning it's far easier and takes up less space than a bunch of people with their computers. Since you'll all be sitting on the same couch, it will also stand a good chance of being more sociable as well. It's the social endeaver in HALO coop that's appealing.

The game itself is rather bleh in mp. The SP portion of it however wasn't too bad as far as storyline goes, and there have been many First Person shooters which aren't half as good as Halo or Halo 2 is as far as gameplay and story in the Singleplayer mode. That actually is more appealing about Halo to me than the coop.

However, even for SP play, I'd rather Call of Duty 2, or Call of Duty if going for the experience and gameplay.

Do you even know what "coop" is? Unreal Tournament and Battlefield are team competitive objective games, not coop games.

I played in a tournament, won several bouts (one of the first times I played even), got bored, and told the final guy I beat that he could go to the finals.
YOU DON'T BEAT PEOPLE IN COOP. A coop tournament would be impossible unless you're competing for speed runs.

It sounds like you have co-op and deathmatch (or even team deatchmatch) confused.

Edited by Tale

All co-op games that have come out after Bubble Bobble were superfluous. Except, perhaps Metal Slug.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: