Games you are looking forward to

Darque

I'm glad I'm not the only one a little sick of D&D. That is one franchise that needs to be laid to rest as far as CRPGs are concerned. The rules are too restrictive and from what I read WotC is a real crimp on creativity.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As long as nobody else matches the sheer awesomeness of the Wild Mage for reckless wackiness, D&D will hold a place in my heart.

"I cast Magic Missle!"

"Fireball times two centered on caster?! NOOOOOOOO!"

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"What cow?"

"hey wait...I'm a girl now?"

"cure series wou...no, that was Horrid Wilting"

"Sequenced fireba...not only girl, but pink?!"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

(oops, replying to Guard Dog's post)

That's the impression I get from reading posts by Obsidian folks.

Some of the games I alluded to include the Ultima single-player series and the Bard's Tale games. SSI's gold box games (Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc.) were also truly golden, and as far as I'm concerned were the closest CRPGs ever got to PnP D&D gaming.

I have no interest in modding DA for D20 rule support. Rather I want to be able to fix/report the inevitable data bugs, and perhaps at some point add NPCs and quests. Time will tell just how modifiable the DA engine is. I'm not beyond writing an editor if none are available.

Edited by Wistrik

Theres a video showing the differences between dx9 and 10 in crysis. To say there are hardly any differences is a complete lie. There was only one part where they looked very similar, however I hope they would be cool and have the game still support dx 9 since vista sucks.

I was talking about CoH, pls reread posts kthxbye

Really? Users reported hardly any difference from DX9 other than better smoke

The review has screenshots side-by-side, and highlights the differences. I know Shader Model 4 is all about volumetric smoke effects, but it seems the CoH DirectX10 patch has done a lot of work on soft shadows and adding support for more than one light source.

Incidentally, there is a comprehensive review of every video card, and even the top end (the new 8800 Ultra, @

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Where does DirectX10's release leave OpenGL? Is OpenGL going to be upgraded to have the same features present in DirectX10?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I was kinda hoping that if OpenGL became a viable alternative to DirectX 10, it might be a good way of getting Gears Of War caliber graphics on WinXP.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, apparently Monolith was bought by Warner Brothers during development of FEAR and due to the most awkward licensing agreement I have ever heard of, Monolith keeps full intellectual property rights on FEAR, except Vivendi Universal gets the name FEAR, and can make games using that name. Which is where the FEAR expansion, Extraction Point, comes in.

It's almost like the Interplay -> Baldur's Gate deal, except the company who owns the related intellectual property is developer owned by another media group. I imagine there's a limit on it though or else we'll be seeing FEAR Dark Alliance coming out with Sierra labels and no connection to FEAR proper.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Should be out by next week or so....

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Grabbing the Transformers movie game tomorrow. Will be the first movie game to grace my collection. Likely the last until Transformers 2. I don't care if it sucks or not, its Transformers.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Grabbing the Transformers movie game tomorrow. Will be the first movie game to grace my collection. Likely the last until Transformers 2. I don't care if it sucks or not, its Transformers.

Same here. I know 90% of movie games are utter trash, but don't care either - it's Transformers. transformers.png

manthing2.jpg

Same here. I know 90% of movie games are utter trash, but don't care either - it's Transformers. transformers.png

You realise that you are keeping those moronic suits in marketing in a job, managing the overall content of games, simply because you reflexively purchase anything with a brand you like, don't you? :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You realise that you are keeping those moronic suits in marketing in a job, managing the overall content of games, simply because you reflexively purchase anything with a brand you like, don't you? :no:

Yeah Oerwinde!

You realize this don't you? I mean, at least I read the Gamespot review apropos of my purchasing duty. :aiee:

manthing2.jpg