Games you are looking forward to

Darque

I'm adding Borderlands to my list of games I'm looking forward to! Whatever you may think of Bethesda, one thing's for sure: they've totally revived the post apocalyptic setting! They started with Fallout 3, then there was iD's rage-game and now Borderlands from Gearbox. Not much is known yet, but read this at least:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=81587

Woohoo! Thanks Bethesda!

As long as it is a real CRPG and not a FPS tressed up with light CRPG elements, like Fallout 3 is going to be, then all is good.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Oh, I'm sure it won't be a "real" RPG according to your random, arbitrary rules. Just forget about all these new games, stop whining about it and be happy that there are old games you can play forever and ever.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Mafia 2!!!!! All I need now is Freedom Fighters 2 now

BHUH? :p

There's Mafia 2? :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Oh, I'm sure it won't be a "real" RPG according to your random, arbitrary rules. Just forget about all these new games, stop whining about it and be happy that there are old games you can play forever and ever.

Arbitrary rules? None of my rules are arbitrary.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Gray Matter

Goodness, this game has been talked about and talked about, purely because Jensen's name was attached to it, but there's been precious little evidence that it would ever see the light of day. Now it seems as if it might do just that, and from this preview, I think it sounds pretty good. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

White Gold preview: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/artic...24&skip=yes

It's short, badly written and doesn't really say anything about the game. Still, it mentions that White Gold is on track to become what Boiling Point should have been, and that's a good thing. I really enjoyed Boiling Point in its current flawed form.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 3 weeks later...

Team Fortress 2 beta starts Monday. I didn't think I'd be too excited but I actually kind of am.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yes and I am in the middle of the exams... grrr...

Today is the Super Paper Mario release day in Europe. I am also waiting for Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Portal, HL2 Ep:2 and as it turns out MotB. Too many games I want to buy this fall if you ask me (and maybe others I am not aware of...) :)

Edited by Istima Loke

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

Coming soon:

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations

The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass

VALVe's Orange Box (which I'm getting free ^_^)

Mask of the Betrayer

Front Mission DS

Did I miss anything important?

Mass Effect

Assassin's Creed

GTA 4

MGS 4

Mask of the Betrayer

Army of Two

Spore

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yes.

Army of Two

Brothers In Arms 3

Call of Duty 4

Mass Effect

So, absolutely nothing.

Looking forward to:

Mask of the Betrayer

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - Played the betas and the recent demo and it has really improved. I've enjoyed Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for years and I love the gameplay.

Both will be coming out either within the month or early next.

Considering:

Airborne: Enjoyed the demo, and I like WWII shooters, but after the Pacific Assault flop...

Bioshock: The demo just didn't quite sell it for me.

I'm not a big fan of the Unreal 3 engine... been rather buggy for me and feels unoptimized at times. One setting in Biowshock would always crash the game and the recent Stranglehold demo wont even start. Only Airborne worked without crashing issues.

In the future:

Rage - id software's new post-apocalyptic racer/shooter.

Witcher - Don't know what to think of it yet. It will be really embarassing for Obsidian if the Witcher ends up running more smoothly than NWN 2 considering they are both from the same engine.

Fallout 3 - Cons: Bethesda's writing style sucks and their quests are usually boring. They also don't offer a lot of the freedom of quest completion that I was used to in Bioware, Obsidian, Black Isle games. They seem to think, just like Fallout: BOS for consoles, that it is only sex and violence that makes a Fallout game. Bethesda is really one of the last RPG companies I would have liked to have seen do a Fallout game.

Pros: They make amazing worlds to explore. It really is impressive to be able to walk across a small country and see people wondering about their business, horse riders delivering news etc. The mods for Oblivion have been fantastic and have in many ways saved the experience for me. I'm hoping that if Fallout 3 does have glaring flaws, and I'm sure it will, that the amazing mod community can do something about it.

Alan Wake - From the makers of Max Payne, it has an interesting concept. About a horror writer having sleeping issues who's nightmares start coming true. Not much is known about the game yet but the concept sounds interesting.

Resident Evil 5 - I recently got the PC port of RE4, and loved it despite the crap port job (Damn you Ubisoft, I hate you more than EA! Actually I don't really hate EA, especially now after the Ubisoft RE4 port.). I'm hoping Resident Evil 5 also gets ported to PC, but from a completly different publisher.

Aliens RPG

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Witcher - Don't know what to think of it yet. It will be really embarassing for Obsidian if the Witcher ends up running more smoothly than NWN 2 considering they are both from the same engine.

Haven't they had like 2 extra years to work on it though?

Devastatorsig.jpg

Haven't they had like 2 extra years to work on it though?

Along with no real character creation, no out of shop rules to contend to shoe horn in, no tool set to implement and make sure it works properly, and simpler gameplay to boot.

Don't see how that would affect frame rate. Complex rules and character creation shouldn't equal bad frame rates/poor optimization and it hasn't in previous games. The extra time spent on the Witcher is a good thing, and I wish an extra year or so had been spent optimizing NwN 2 and adding new features/more flexibility.

Either way The Witcher looks interesting.

Gears of War for PC might be fun as well. I love coop modes and Gears of War looks like it would be blast in coop.

Don't see how that would affect frame rate. Complex rules and character creation shouldn't equal bad frame rates/poor optimization and it hasn't in previous games. The extra time spent on the Witcher is a good thing, and I wish an extra year or so had been spent optimizing NwN 2 and adding new features/more flexibility.

Either way The Witcher looks interesting.

Gears of War for PC might be fun as well. I love coop modes and Gears of War looks like it would be blast in coop.

What I mean is why would Obsidian be embarassed if it runs better than NWN2 since Obsidian had more to work on, and a shorter development cycle? An extra couple years to work on a less complex game better be much more optimized.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Besides, it looks like Witcher is missing some elements that should be a given in a modern CRPG. It looks more like a "meh" action game than anything else.

But they aren't the Icewind Dale boobies and you can't get better boobies than that. :lol:

Seaman 2.

I'm so frackin' excited. I wonder if Sony will make a PS2 mic for it.