How was the next next day?

SteveThaiBinh

I just discovered that my first year uni textbooks will cost me about $600 for the fall semester. There is another $300 worth that I'll need for the winter semester, but I can knock that down to about $100 luckily. I found a copy of my Computer Studies text for half price and the second economics textbook should be easy to find. "Hey Bob! I see you've got a Macroeconomics text, care to trade for my Microeconomics text?"

Yeah I bought 500 dollars worth of books this semester then I dropped/changed about half my classes and sold back almost 400 dollars worth of books. But you should just go to half.com, it's a textbook department through ebay. really simple and easy, you can see peoples reviews and all that good stuff and most of the books are like ebay companies so it's not just like some random drop out who accidentally exploded in your book. I bought a book last year from them and had no real problems and they sell books cheaper than your book store so its mostly all good.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yeah I bought 500 dollars worth of books this semester then I dropped/changed about half my classes and sold back almost 400 dollars worth of books. But you should just go to half.com, it's a textbook department through ebay. really simple and easy, you can see peoples reviews and all that good stuff and most of the books are like ebay companies so it's not just like some random drop out who accidentally exploded in your book. I bought a book last year from them and had no real problems and they sell books cheaper than your book store so its mostly all good.

Half.com doesn't help me all that much. It's missing about half the books on my list (hurray for Canadian editions!). For the other half, I've already found better (closer, higher condition and cheaper), or the campus bookstore is actually cheaper. o:)

Oh, well good for you.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Fiancee, eh? Enoch popped the question! And apparently, she said yes! Did hearing about "the family's trip to Hawaii" speed up your desire to become part of said family? :lol:

The trip was still a "maybe" kind of thing when I proposed a couple months ago. And we're paying for our share, so it's not that much of an incentive, anyhow. But, yeah, I finally stopped putting off making it official. My future sister-in-law is actually throwing us an engagement party this weekend. Now we get the unenviable experience of trying to simultaneously wrangle both of our families. o:) I'm beginning to realize why weddings take months of planning to pull off...

Edit: And, to keep with the "what's going on" theme of the thread, I just got frustrated at a faint-but-noticeable irregular ticking noise coming from my computer case. I popped open the side and figured out it was the 80MM fan in the front. Shut down, took the front panel off, knocked it around a bit, put it back (rotated 90 degrees from its original orientation) and now it's working quietly. It's amazing how annoying those teeny-tiny noises can be.

Edited by Enoch

Right.

Good idea. The liver'ss like the appendix. The sooner it swells up and bursts the better.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, on a geek board and behind Internet anonymity, sure.

In the real world; no.

But Finns have this weird thing where they think it's the height of manliness to be able to drink a lot of alcohol, so they lie and brag about it all the time. Then when you actually get to see them drink, they drink six beers and then they're spending the rest of the night puking down the hallways, the dance floor and over the railing on the "finlandsf

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I drank 13 beers in a four or five hour period a couple of months ago. My friend, who stopped at 12, got sick that night but I only got dizzy after laying down.

Spread that out over the course of 16 hours, I think there's room for some booze. And I was already fine the following day.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't believe in drinking. It doesn't exist.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah, on a geek board and behind Internet anonymity, sure.

In the real world; no.

But Finns have this weird thing where they think it's the height of manliness to be able to drink a lot of alcohol, so they lie and brag about it all the time. Then when you actually get to see them drink, they drink six beers and then they're spending the rest of the night puking down the hallways, the dance floor and over the railing on the "finlandsf

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I woke up this morning remember parts of a level of a game but not the game itself. It's driving me nuts because it was a cool part of some seemingly cool game. BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT GAME!

I found out today that snooze buttons on alarm clocks are dangerous contraptions, especially if you can just keep hitting the them until the hands on the clock move by the alarm position.

I don't think the guy at work bought my sudden falling ill and much less calling it in at noon.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I woke up this morning remember parts of a level of a game but not the game itself. It's driving me nuts because it was a cool part of some seemingly cool game. BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT GAME!

ARGH! It's possible I just dreamed it up. But, it was soooo cool.

If I did dream it up, my dreams should become a professional game designer. Konami or Capcom could pay me to sleep.

I couldn't have dreamed it! I'm remembering more! But still not quite what game it was.

Edited by Tale

So far I have been running off 5 hours of sleep for the past 48 hours and I feel...

FINE!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It was the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Specifically, the water temple.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

It was the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Specifically, the water temple.

Actually it was Thief: Deadly Shadows.

On today's note, what kind of hamster costs $6,000, is purchased from a flooring company, and is assigned a job code?