And thus, another anniversary for a heinous and tragic event is created.

Arkan

25 dead, 28 injured in school Shooting at Virginia Tech.

Check the news.

Mark this day on your calender.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Scratch that. It's up to 32 dead now.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Christ... How long will it take ppl over there to realise that the redcoats are home and indians went swimming so it`s safe to hand in the artillery pieces... maybe we wouldn`t have to watch this every 2 years or so... :teehee:

Edited by Brdavs

It's truely astonishing that these incidents never cause anyone to pause and consider whether a universal rigth to bear arms has any place in the 21st century.

They circle every which way trying to come up with answers, but the truth is, these students are expendable if the choice is between the second amendment and lives.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

We don't need no education

We dont need no thought control

No dark sarcasm in the classroom

Teachers leave those kids alone

Hey! Teachers! Leave those kids alone!

All in all it's just another brick in the wall.

All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Horrible.

However,. I don't know why some are blaming the 'right to bear arms' crowd. That's not the crowd to blame. The crowd to balme are ths *dashed awful* who go around murding people.

*edited by Walsingham after Volo's natural outrage overcame his good taste*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And if the guns were not so easily attained cases like this would be much more rare :teehee:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The guy had a handgun. That's it. He took it into a celebrated "gun free zone" with pisspoor security and had free reign. I don't believe that any amount of realistic gun control would have prevented this.

I just don't understand the motive. I can understand that school and particularly college is stressful. Hell, it sure enough was for me. Stressful enough, at this point in the semester, that an already deranged individual could be driven over the edge. But this guy was in college, and he was paying the college to go there. Nobody was forcing him to stay there and endure that stress. He could have simply left.

Why people think the way out has to be suicide is beyond me. That occasionally they think they need to take others with them is beyond ridiculous. It's just a westernized form of suicide bombing, and it serves no purpose whatsoever.

The guy had a handgun. That's it. He took it into a celebrated "gun free zone" with pisspoor security and had free reign. I don't believe that any amount of realistic gun control would have prevented this.

See, that`s part of the problem. "Only" a handgun. Like smallarms are accesories and gun control only applies to 50cal and above.

Dare I say that in a european country a handgun is considered quite a big deal and the problem isn`t percieved as the fact that there are potentionally too few metal detectors or armed guards at school entrances. There is something fundamentally wrong with that. It`s like they`re stuck in time as far as guns are concerned... a true gun-ho culture...

What I meant to say is that no realistic amount of gun control will ever make it difficult to illegally obtain and carry a handgun in America. I know its a cliche to say this, but all that gun laws will do is create more areas, like this college campus, where hundreds of people are gathered up and completely defenseless because they obey the law, and one single person with the most basic means of offense would have virtually free reign to victimize them as he pleases.

As long as there are maniacs who will not give two ****s about what the laws are, heavier gun restrictions will only make innocent people in instances like this less safe, not more.

Guest Accept
Do things like this happen in Europe?

It happend in Germany in 2002. A 19 year old killed 13 teachers, 2 students and 1 cop, in a school.

---

And i agree with the people above me - this is awful. A tragedy.

Edited by Accept

What I meant to say is that no realistic amount of gun control will ever make it difficult to illegally obtain and carry a handgun in America. I know its a cliche to say this, but all that gun laws will do is create more areas, like this college campus, where hundreds of people are gathered up and completely defenseless because they obey the law, and one single person with the most basic means of offense would have virtually free reign to victimize them as he pleases.

As long as there are maniacs who will not give two ****s about what the laws are, heavier gun restrictions will only make innocent people in instances like this less safe, not more.

So you`re basically telling me you feel that it would be better to arm everyone so those 30 unfortunate soles could duke it out OK-corral style instead of introducing strict mesaures about fireweapons/ammunition? That john wayne type of thinking frightens me if I`m completley honest heh...

Yeah becuase we all know that if people don't have guns anymore they won't use something like a knife, or homemade explosives, or a blunt object. Of course that's right. Sorry, get a clue please. Guns don't kill people, it's people who kill people.

Plus you know places like China where the government is the only one that controls weapons never abuse their power right? Of course not becuase you guys are living in your own delusional world thinking the government wouldn't take advantage of something like that. Because outrageously unthinkable things like the Holocaust never happened. Ignorance is bliss?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I know this is a total rip-off of Eric Bogle's Green Fields Of France, but I'll post it anyways...

...Well, I hope they died quick and I hope they died clean

But for the shooter it should be slow and obscene...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's terrible news. Listening to NPR Worldwide, it seems there was a smaller incident earlier, with maybe one or two shootings, then two hours later the main incident. The tone of the interviewers suggested that there are questions to be asked there - fair enough, I suppose - but it also seemed as though the hunt was on very early for someone to blame (the police, the college authorities, the gun laws, who knows?).

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)