Top 25 PC Games of All Time

Xard

XCOM, Civilization, Fallout and TIE Fighter. Pretty good top5 after all.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Meh, quite disappointing list. :sad:

I just checked out the PS2 one... also disappointing. FFXII is better than FFX, yet FFX is on the list, Suikoden V is better than Suikoden III, but Suikoden III is on the list.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Civilization IV is best of the series.

Hardly. It was UNPLAYABLE on my computer (which was close to recommended specs) upon release. It was BUGGY AS HELL. And finally, it didn't make me skip school, work, food, water, and other basic needs for days and nights - which Civ II did in its time. I got bored with Civ IV after two weeks and haven't played it since.

Buggy? :ermm: It wasn't terribly buggy IMHO although I never played unpatched game.

And maybe you're just older and more "experienced" player. Longer you play games more harder it is to get hooked (in that scope) again. Sad really.

From objective point of view Civ 4 is best. It has more improvements you can count, its UI is extremely good and yet it sustains its...well, "civ" feeling.

I could as well quote their synopsis since I totally agree with it.

2) Civilization IV

Developer: Firaxis

Publisher: 2K Games

Year Released: 2005

Synopsis: One of the Civilization games was absolutely going to be in the top 5 in this list, it was just a matter of which one we chose to occupy the spot. For years, it was largely understood that Civilization II was the best in the series offering up complex strategy in a palatable and even graceful format. Some out there would probably still argue that it's the best of the bunch, but we decided the latest went above and beyond that great title with more improvements than can be counted. From the revamped damage system to the diplomatic improvements and inclusion of religion, Civilization IV provides the most addictive 4X experience on the market. Even worse for those of us incapable of quitting to desktop is the inclusion of a very workable multiplayer solution. Turn-based strategy has never been easy this way, but Firaxis managed to make it easy, make saves work, and make it easily as much fun as the single player if not more so. Civilization IV is a brilliant game.

Of course, there isn't such thing as bad civilization :blink:

Other lists were even more... disappointing

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Leonard Nimoy going "Beep" is what made the game for me.

"Beep... beep... beep..."

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Hardly. It was UNPLAYABLE on my computer (which was close to recommended specs) upon release. It was BUGGY AS HELL. And finally, it didn't make me skip school, work, food, water, and other basic needs for days and nights - which Civ II did in its time. I got bored with Civ IV after two weeks and haven't played it since.

Perhaps you have grown up? Anyway, I too think that Civ IV is the best of series. It offers much more than Civ II. As for bugs, I can recall some minor ones, but they were eliminated with patches.

Beep... beep... beep... :thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I just checked out the PS2 one... also disappointing. FFXII is better than FFX, yet FFX is on the list, Suikoden V is better than Suikoden III, but Suikoden III is on the list.

Suikoden III is considered by many to be the second worst game of the series. II and V being the best.

I'd comment on FFX, but I appear to be often in the minority in expressing just how bad the story in that game was.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Perhaps you have grown up?

I think this accounts for a lot of the complaints about 'the old days', I certainly don't enjoy games as much as I used to but I don't expect to either. The real test is what Civ 4 does to the new blood of gamers.

Edited by Big Bottom

I enjoyed Civ IV a lot. However, I'm starting to prefer Calactic Civ II.

I love Civ4 and I think its worthy of its place, I didnt experience any problems playing it on my laptop. However, RTW is my favorite strategy game of all time.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Suikoden III is considered by many to be the second worst game of the series. II and V being the best.

I'd comment on FFX, but I appear to be often in the minority in expressing just how bad the story in that game was.

Well its better than Suikoden and Suikoden IV, but II and V were way better. Suikoden IV was just bad.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I misread your comment, apparently. I thought you were making an issue that Suikoden V was on the list, when it wasn't.

Hmm, I played "X-COM: UFO Defense" some time in the distant past and I remember it being unbearably boring... :thumbsup:

Did you notice that not a single soul on this board has debated having Xcom as number 1 on the list? I mean, you would think that the number one spot would be the most controversial. But it's not, it's just common sense that Xcom is there. I would reconsider your purpose in life, if I were you.

Hmm, I played "X-COM: UFO Defense" some time in the distant past and I remember it being unbearably boring... :)

Did you notice that not a single soul on this board has debated having Xcom as number 1 on the list? I mean, you would think that the number one spot would be the most controversial. But it's not, it's just common sense that Xcom is there. I would reconsider your purpose in life, if I were you.

*shudders* Terror missions at night. :thumbsup: I only played it about a year ago and I didn't get very far, but I hated those night missions more than anything else in any game I have played.

"Did you notice that not a single soul on this board has debated having Xcom as number 1 on the list? I mean, you would think that the number one spot would be the most controversial. But it's not, it's just common sense that Xcom is there. I would reconsider your purpose in life, if I were you."

I didn't mention it as I don't give a crap about it. It's likely # 1millionth on my list of games to play. I'd rather Barbier than that.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.