I hope this is struck down in court.

Arkan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070202/ap_on_...rvical_cancer_7

AUSTIN, Texas - Bypassing the Legislature altogether, Republican Gov. Rick Perry issued an order Friday making Texas the first state to require that schoolgirls get vaccinated against the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer.

By employing an executive order, Perry sidestepped opposition in the Legislature from conservatives and parents' rights groups who fear such a requirement would condone premarital sex and interfere with the way Texans raise their children.

Beginning in September 2008, girls entering the sixth grade

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Giving people the option is one thing, but FORCING people to take a drug? Bad precedent.

Very, VERY bad precedent.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

People, in general, are morons. I'm not a fan of "options" that allow the ignorant to put their own, or their children's, lives in needless danger. Seat belts are a primary example of this.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I hope it does make Texas girls easier

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I hope it does make Texas girls easier

Its one less excuse not to go raw!

This news keeps getting better

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

People, in general, are morons. I'm not a fan of "options" that allow the ignorant to put their own, or their children's, lives in needless danger. Seat belts are a primary example of this.

Some sextuplets were born here about a month ago to a Jehovah's Witness couple. They were premature and Jehovah's witnesses are against blood transfusions. So two of the babies died and the rest were seized by the BC government and given blood transfusions to save their lives. A recent poll shows 85% of BC agree with the governments decision to save the lives of the babies against the wishes of the parents.

I'm just surprised that 15% don't support it. Sure religious rights are important... but not when they endanger the life of a child.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Premarital sex is worse than cancer? All I can say is that anyone who thinks that has had no experience of either. :dancing:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Vaccinations are a good thing. Why would anyone in their right mind be against vaccinating their children from illnesses based on religious fluff that has no bearing in the real world?

Oh yes, pray hard folks! Lets give that abnormal cell mitosis the fear of GOD!

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Vaccinations are a good thing. Why would anyone in their right mind be against vaccinating their children from illnesses based on religious fluff that has no bearing in the real world?

Oh yes, pray hard folks! Lets give that abnormal cell mitosis the fear of GOD!

To take on devil's advocate, I must say that in fact I know firsthand people who swear they have had help in their cancer from no other source than God. *shrugs*

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

God has nothing to do with it. It all boils down to luck. When something happens that is unexpected or has no logical explanation people like to blame or give God the credit and not just accept that things happen, there is no rhyme or reason behind it, and you just need to accept it and move on.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Assuming this vaccination has been tested long enough or otherwise decided to have low risk of possible negative short/long-term side effects, then I have nothing against such a policy for any vaccination against communicable and/or life threatening diseases. Would they object as much if they came up with a working vaccine for ebola, or alzheimers, or....?

Perhaps illogically tho, I consider the seatbelt issue (for adults) irritating and still object to it... :bunny:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

To repeat the general consensus....what the hell's wrong with this? They're vaccinating against cancer. I hope to god the government gives these morons a nice, crisp, official finger.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

What every one of you has failed to notice is that cancer is not an airborn communicable disease so immunization isnt "required" like the other examples that have been cited. This is not "for the greater good" as all anyone has to do to prevent this cancer is have safe sex.

This is not "for the greater good" as all anyone has to do to prevent this cancer is have safe sex.
Um, no.

"Safe" (100%) sex does not exist.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What every one of you has failed to notice is that cancer is not an airborn communicable disease so immunization isnt "required" like the other examples that have been cited. This is not "for the greater good" as all anyone has to do to prevent this cancer is have safe sex.

I may have missed something about cervical cancer, but I'll wager you can get it without having sex.

-Elwood Blues

And all anyone has to do to prevent being harmed in a car accident is to drive safely. No need for seatbelts.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And all anyone has to do to prevent being harmed in a car accident is to drive safely. No need for seatbelts.

Or eyes. We could just not drive. I don't think we shoudl teach kids how to tieknots, because then they will be encouraged to mountaineer. Mountaineering causes totally unnecessary deaths every year.

-Elwood Blues