STAR WARS: The best of PC

Jorian Drake

LUCASARTS REVEALS STAR WARS: THE BEST OF PC

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, FIVE OF THE GREATEST STAR WARS GAMES EVER ARE TOGETHER IN ONE PACKAGE, FOR ONE LOW PRICE

SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- November 15, 2006 -- LucasArts today announced that, for the first time ever, five of the greatest Star Wars

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Agreed, it deserves to be there

Star Wars Battlefront

Agreed, I hate but it's most popular one

Star Wars: Empire at War

Only good SW RTS, agreed.

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

What the ****?

Star Wars Republic Commando

WHAT THE ****?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

$40 for that? Lol.

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

What the ****?

JK is one of the SW games that received best critics and one of the most popular FPS of its time, so it's understandable they put it in the package.

EAW, on the other hand, seemed rather mediocre to me.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

X-Wing?

Tie Fighter?

X-Wing VS Tie Fighter?

Jedi Knight Academy?

Truth. I would've have those + K1

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I would have preferred if they updated Tie Fighter so that you can play it again.

Mine list of five would be

Dark Forces

Rebel Aussalt 2

Tie Fighter

Jedi Knight

and probably Xwing.

Of course this would probably be the classics series.

also they should remove EAW from the list because that game was only liked because it's got good space battles.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Where is the Yoda Stories. Damn you Lucas Arts, i want my Yoda Stories back. And, i don't mind if you decide to make a sequel to that gem. Obsidian should make it.

I sucked at that game. I couldn't beat the demo level on anything above easy mode. :( On the plus side, if you jacked up the difficulty just before you beat they level it would double or triple your score. :lol:

EDIT: I mean, what do you think about this effort of Lucasarts, and why are only these in the box?

Not surprisning. Have you checked out Atari's attempt at making every possible combination of D&D titles under their wing in special editions? It's a bit worse than what Lucasarts did here.

Forgotten Realms Deluxe

Contains: Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of the Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, Baldur's Gate 1, Tales of the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate 2, Throne of Bhaal, Icewind Dale 1, Heart of Winter, and Icewind Dale 2.

Totally Roleplaying Games

Contains: Neverwinter Nights, and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Neverwinter Nights Deluxe

Which is basically NWN, the expansions and some premium modules.

World of Neverwinter Nights

Which is NWN, the expansions, and NWN2.

Looking at those one could ask what was the criteria for selection since there's all kinds of weirdness, ie, why wouldn't World of Neverwinter include the premium modules from NWN Deluxe, or why isn't NWN2 integrated into the Forgotten Realms Deluxe package.

I'd question the inclusion of KoTOR on that Best Of because even if it has good points, it's quite a departure from the kind of visceral thrill of the Jedi Knight games and gameplay - and JK gameplay is the closest to emulate Jedi combat. But hey, Bioware + game design that bludgeons any advances made in the genre in the last decades to the ground + Game of the Year for game sites whose knowledge of gaming amounts to a rotten vegetable = win.

I actually really enjoyed Republic Commando, and I typically can't stand FPS games.

I'd probably buy this if they were putting Battlefront II in the mix. I don't really want to fork over a bunch of cash when there are newer versions of almost the same game out there.

The Lucasarts marketing machine is getting up to hype... erhh hyper speed again. They probably need some quick cash to start up new projects.

Best of my butt.

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Jedi Outcast was a great game. I remember how insanely cool the lightsaber fights were the first time I played... it was like the next level of coolness had just come to PC gaming and it was what got me in a state that Star Wars games might be worth trying now and then.

Jedi Outcast was especially cool when you activated the cheat that allowed you to completly dismember your opponent.

NOTHING was cooler than striking a finishing blow that sent the game into a slow motion spin around your character as you decapitated them. :joy:

Yeah, the actual shooting component was weak, but the lightsaber duels were just pure joy.

what they need is the stuff that made people like them in the first place (hence my previous list)

Oh... Rebellion was the biggest time sink i've ever seen... it's a bad game because it tried to do EAW's space battles and failed miserably but it draws you in because it doesn't have a definitive turn. And things take a while (one guy might take a half hour to get to his destination.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.