Pictures of your games...

Darque

It may not be as pretty as Oblivion or Dark Messiah but the game has more substance than all the current so called CRPGs out on the PC. The graphics are good enough for me and you need more than just pretty pictures to make a good CRPG.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It may not be as pretty as Oblivion

What the heck? Oblivion was fuggin' ugly. People were ugly, cities were generic and uninspiring, and environments were decent, but Gothic 3 did that way better with similar oomph.

On the other hand, this gets me 7fps:

post-150-1164001063_thumb.jpg

post-150-1164001076_thumb.jpg

I like that one, Dark Raven. :lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

NWN202s.jpg

Dude, that's pretty friggin ugly. I'm not talking about the "beauty" of the character, I'm talking about the fidelity of the graphics. It looks like something straight out of an undergrad Computer Graphics course project. It looks to have all of the latest graphical "checkboxes" marked up, but it's crude, glitchy, un-refined, and from whatever feedback players have given about rendering speed, slow and seriously un-optimized.

angshuman, I don't consider 30 to 40 FPS slow.

The only problem I see with Neverwinter Nights 2's graphics is that it looks a bit like Lego. Sure, the pieces fit snugly into place, but you can still see it's made out of blocks. I'm not sure what it is that ruins the overall impression, but it really feels like a patchwork of graphics instead of a cohesive world.

The worst part about it are the roads. They look like they were painted onto the ground.

Still, I'm not complaining so far. I've only moved around in the first village, but it's not near as bad as some people on these boards have claimed. So far.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Spell effects are cool, especially new "summoning familiar" is much better than it was in NWN1. Meh, all of them are.

post-15364-1164042134_thumb.jpg

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The only problem I see with Neverwinter Nights 2's graphics is that it looks a bit like Lego. Sure, the pieces fit snugly into place, but you can still see it's made out of blocks. I'm not sure what it is that ruins the overall impression, but it really feels like a patchwork of graphics instead of a cohesive world.

The worst part about it are the roads. They look like they were painted onto the ground.

Still, I'm not complaining so far. I've only moved around in the first village, but it's not near as bad as some people on these boards have claimed. So far.

Well, it is NWN. NWN2, like NWN1 is tile based, at least with the interiors. Also the reason why the road looks painted on is because it is.

It looks to have all of the latest graphical "checkboxes" marked up, but it's crude, glitchy, un-refined, and from whatever feedback players have given about rendering speed, slow and seriously un-optimized.

My own experiences have not been slow and glitchy. In fact it's pretty smooth. The only settings I need to turn off are the two water effects.

I really like the world graphics, but the characters are merely adequate. I don't find think they're beautiful, but they certainly aren't ugly, and to call them "crude" is ridiculous.

"graphics is that it looks a bit like Lego. Sure, the pieces fit snugly into place, but you can still see it's made out of blocks."

Like Sand said, it's NWN2. It uses the same absed engine. I'm sure the graphics engine itself while totally 'new' is based off ther Aurora hence the same kind of look depsite NWN2 looking much better (as it should). Why people are surprised by this, I don't know.

"Spell effects are cool, especially new "summoning familiar" is much better than it was in NWN1. Meh, all of them are."

I dunno. While NWN2's spell effects are much flashier many of them I wouldn't term them 'better' than NWN1's. NWN1 had and still has awesome spell effects.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I like that one, Dark Raven.  :(

It's okay. The sleeves look funny, and the inner shading should be black, not gray. If that was the case, the snapshot would be more intimidating. :p

Haircuts? Manicures? Anyone??

Would be nice if you could adjust your clothes clolor. Also for some reason red is absent when it comes to hair color otherwise I would have red highlights in her hair.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

This was a pretty impressive battle, graphically speaking. With the rain, the lightning flashes, the smoke, and the long shadows duking it out Errol Flynn style. Unfortunately, screenshots don't really show all the awesomeness.

NWN2_SS_112006_225331.jpg

NWN2_SS_112006_225346.jpg

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ooh, purty. So that's what it looks like with lighting and shadows. :bat:

Pidesco, you've got the golem?! I could never work out how to finish the guy. How many parts do you need to get? I think in my first walkthrough I only got one. In my second I've just rescued Shandra so I've seen the golem, didn't actually take him back so I assume he'll prop up in the stronghold.

What happens when you hide GUI and zoom in; really purty.

post-150-1164109849_thumb.jpgpost-150-1164109912_thumb.jpgpost-150-1164109930_thumb.jpgpost-150-1164109949_thumb.jpg

And finally, just for Volo: :p

post-150-1164109970_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tigranes

I'm not actually sure about what parts you need for the

construct, and where they are, I just picked them as I went. However, I don't remember getting the liquid stuff Grobnar talks about, anywhere but suddenly the golem was done. The guy is ridiculously powerful, by the way.

Required picture of NWN2:

NWN2_SS_112006_233003.jpg

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

NWN1 had and still has awesome spell effects.

True that. Both has great spell effects, NWN2 just has better IMO (expect for some odd reason web causes me terrible lag. Quite funny). I especially liked NWN1's Time Stop.

edit:

This was a pretty impressive battle, graphically speaking. With the rain, the lightning flashes, the smoke, and the long shadows duking it out Errol Flynn style. Unfortunately, screenshots don't really show all the awesomeness.

Wow, what kind of computer you have? Did that lag much?

Cool pics :bat:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)