Pictures of your games...

Darque

How many hours has it been?! :'(

My puny scripting skills have regressed into near-nothingness and it's not as if I've modded more than a decent amount for other games, but just tinkering with the idea of a short module and see how it turns out. Of course, all toolset-related discussions on this forum seems to have fallen off a cliff and drowned.

Takes a while to create an area that looks reasonably okay.. kinda. Fog is off for a couple of them, and all of this is the non-playable area so.

post-150-1168573965_thumb.jpg

post-150-1168574033_thumb.jpg

post-150-1168574064_thumb.jpg

post-150-1168574092_thumb.jpg

Might be a bit too dense on objects for background scenery (use fewer, larger trees, don't have the farther ones cast shadows...) Grass is really brutal: take it easy on the stuff, we don't all have 8800s. Nice lighting, sky looks great.

Edited by Lokey

Just what I needed, another forum to keep up with.

Neversummer PW

Yeah, the first and fourth screenshot looks at that one spot which has a lot of grass (as it's pretty much where you start). But my system isn't stellar either so no doubt I will soon have to reduce the number of trees. The quandary is that I want this area to create a forest look - so a pretty thick cluster of trees all over the map (4x20) but always with enough room to walk through easily, and no defined road. Still, making the trees all slightly bigger (x1.2-3) then laying them out even a little further will help. Trust me, I can only afford environmental shadows on ANYTHING on the toolset, not in the game. :lol:

don't have the farther ones cast shadows...

I forgot about that. I've killed a lot of the trees at the back now, and made most of them without shadows. In the below 'bird's eye' screenshot, I had already deleted ~25 trees and about half the trees you see there have 0 shadows.

The theme for this particular area is that it's a pseudo-illusion; the plane of lost causes has inhabitants who had lost their life pursuing a lost cause, and the object of their obsession is recreated by their mind within this plane. This man is (conventionally) wracked by guilt, as a simple mistake on his part led his group of infantry to death and torture; and these horrible circumstances are repeated again and again as he seeks redemption and redress. Iker's mind has 'warped' this recreation of the area to something less of a normal forest, what with the blue-and-orange sky, over the patchy red earth, leafless trees, and a strange grey fog that hangs over it all.

post-150-1168658822_thumb.jpg

post-150-1168658849_thumb.jpg

Meet the Taleroth One, flagship of my fleet. An Argon Colossus, carrier class capital ship. Currently housing 20 fighters. Mostly salvaged from pirates and then recommissioned in my service.

I have a rather simple naming convention. My capital freighter is named Milla One, my fleet of trade ships are Allizee One through Allizee Eight. My fighter fleet are named Wraith Shiptype Variant then they get an alpha or beta designation if they're fit well enough for me to fly in. My corvettes are Demonic One through Demonic Three. My sole capital ship is Taleroth One, though I'm working on getting a Split Destroyer for Taleroth Two.

And then my newly acquired M7 yacht, only one in the game, is named simply... War.

TalerothOne.jpg

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Which game is that, Tale?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

X3: Reunion

It's actually an old screenshot. I practically own that sector of space now, 5 factories hanging around and my player HQ.

How would you describe X3's gameplay?

Fun, but repetitive?

It's a sandbox game. The combat is very action oriented and pretty fun. There's a lot of complexity, ship types, strengths and weakness (speed, available weaponry, weapon power, shields), a nice market dynamic (which I don't get too in-depth into, I just have my trader ships set up using automated systems). There's a lot of choices. A LOT.

Is it kind of like Freelancer or something?

You build up your own space empire?

Never played freelancer, but I definitely have my own space empire. I don't rival any of the big factions and I'm scared to take on Xenon and Kha'ak sectors, but I can reach there eventually. Right now I do mostly serious pirate hunting. I destroy pirate stations in retribution for the sectors they've cleaned out and the stations and ships of mine they've destroyed.

As I've stated before, I've been playing Diablo 2 with the PlugY frontend loader and DLL plugin.

This screenshot shows PlugY's infinite stash and my own larger character inventory modification. The stash has 2^32 pages of personal space and 2^32 pages of shared space. You can also, optionally, configure hardcore characters to share the stash with non-hardcore characters. My inventory modification adds two additional rows to the bottom of the character's 'backpack' inventory. The shared stash pages are visible now, and I've been filling the stash with goodies found by an amazon, sorceress, and (mostly) a magic-find necromancer. This mod makes 'mule' characters and muling programs (ATMA) obsolete. The mod doesn't work on Battle.net (closed) realms, but that's fine because I mostly play singleplayer. I do have a separate shortcut for my occasional foray onto B.net, though I don't play much there due to my singleplayer game being so much better (and especially lag-free).

These screenshots show the two additional pages of character info. PlugY adds left and right arrow buttons to the original character sheet so that you can navigate to these pages. Among other things, they show your total Magic Find, Hit Recovery, Magic Damage Reduction, and so on.

PlugY also lets you undo your attribute point assignments in case you want to test something or you make a mistake. You can also edit skill point assignments in similar manner. This saves having to make an additional character to try out a particular skill, for instance. If you (still) play D2 and think these options are interesting, you can visit the PlugY Forum for more information, and to download the mod.

Edited by Wistrik

No; I just edited my post to mention that. I accidentally logged onto b.net using the PlugY shortcut and it let me into the chat channels just fine, and even let me create a game, but I got booted from the game whenever I tried dragging an item over extra inventory space or the modified stash. :o" I also have to swap out DLLs to play on B.net because I've modified them to some extent; things like blocking formula, telekinesis picks up all items, classic D2 character titles, and some other stuff. The forums PlugY is hosted at also have a code editing area.

Battle.net was fun when the game was new, but not so much anymore. Plus thanks to mods, the singleplayer game can eliminate the annoyances found on B.net.

Online it's hard to find a full game for maximum experience gain. Even when you do, it typically doesn't last longer than it takes to kill Baal. Offline I can enable /players 8 and have the equivalent of a 'full' game, XP-wise, for as many hours as I want, any time I want. (I don't require the presence of others in order to have a good time playing D2, nor do I require their assistance.)

Online there is lag, hackers, bots (one of the level 98 characters on the current ladder is a Baal-run bot), spammers, and lots of greedy players. None of that exists in my offline game.

Online I have to put up with a dinky stash and cramped inventory. Not so offline.

Online I have to make a 'ladder' character to gain access to all cube recipes, unique items, runewords, DClone (and Annihilus charm), and Uber Bosses (and Hellfire Torch charm). Offline I get all of that and more.

I recently did some playing on Battle.net and the lag was worse than ever, even worse than when I had 56k dialup. Consequently I returned to singleplayer and was greeted with instant responses to my mouse clicks. I see very little reason to play on closed B.net now that I can modify the singleplayer game to play the way I like.

Edited by Wistrik

That makes me almost want to play Fable again. Almost. The game was just too... off... for my tastes.

th_SilentStormSS02.jpg

I shot a guy through the head and the stray bullet took down a piece of the wall. Cool! :o

th_SilentStormSS01.jpg

I have no idea how he got up there, but the ragdoll effect worked wonders on his way down..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Black dragons are a pain to deal with.

Using a few mods, I see. I generally found the drow grrl to be a bit too pretentious in its writing. But it certainly didn't have Soulefain (I can't even remember the correct spelling) beat. I still have nightmares about that kind of thing.

Last one I tried was Fade. That was pretty good.

That makes me almost want to play Fable again.  Almost.  The game was just too... off... for my tastes.

I'm playing it for reviewing material, taking one for the team like I did with The Bard's Tale. I think the best aspect of Fable is that even when you cast aside Molyneux's vain pretenses of suggesting what the game would be, the game itself promises to be much more in the earlier stages... And then fails to deliver on nearly everything. There's a solid foundation of good, core concepts there but then it muddles, breaks or just doesn't know how to put them to good use.

I didn't like Fable.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"