NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

In the graphics options it doesn't list AA x2, x4, x6 and what not.  Instead you can individual pick and choose your settings such as you could have AA relaxed and not used if you are zoomed clear out but if you zoom all the way in AA kicks in.  Or vice versa.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? AA doesn't fix texture aliasing, but edge-drawing on geometry (and transparancy maps (but not clip-maps, I think, lollipop)). So the gain would be larger when zoomed out (less pixels drawn on complex meshes, meaning more jaggies).

Perhaps you're thinking of bilinear, trilinear and Anistropic filtering? Those would work with the settings you described, they also filter textures.

Its all technobabble to me. I just set the game to medium settings and that is good enough for me.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Anyway, seriously, I agree that AA should be pretty standard these days. Note however, that there are some rendering techniques that makes it impossible to use AA (due to doing/computing things in a different order) tied to how an engine handles light (Example: Deferred Lighting method).

GRAW (PC) is an example of this.

Edited by Noceur

Check this out:

http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/news/artic...hp?storyid=1079

I guess that 1% chance kicked in.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

And just to prove what a sad fanboy I am, I went out and bought a vanilla copy downtown from a store that didnt care about tomorrow being the official release. :))

it cost me a ton of cash though :(

edit: since I have a preorder code, the only ingame thing I will miss with the vanilla is the "blessed of waukeen" feat, right?

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Posting my question in this thread, 'cause it may not belong in the other.

Question: Is the tooltip display for Favored Enemy incorrect, or did y'all not change FE to match 3.5? The display says that it grants +1 to damage, Spot, Listen, and Taunt, with an addition +1 every five levels (plus an additional FE). However, 3.5E has Favored Enemy bonus at +2 at level 1, and an additional +2 (assigned wherever one wishes) at level 5 and every 5 levels thereafter.

Ah! CDON has finally shipped my NWN 2 CE box. ^_^

Will probably be here on monday (although, sometimes the post office decides to do their job, in which case I'll actually get it tomorrow).

Darque: Yeah, the Blessed of Waukeen thingy. +1 on saving throws or summin. I also read something about special merchants and stuff, although there's different info whereever one looks.

Regardless, you can't feel bad about which version you got if you watch this guy:

Who Wants To Be a Millionaire Dude

:(

Darque: Yeah, the Blessed of Waukeen thingy. +1 on saving throws or summin. I also read something about special merchants and stuff, although there's different info whereever one looks.

Hey, wicked. Thanks. :)

I may have to track down the limited edition one instead :)

Hmm, it seems to work as a buff though... there's a thread in this forum section about it (as you know). Ah well, I won't know for sure until I get my lewt. :(

EDIT: "The Merchant's Friend is the second bonus you get for preordering from EB/Gamestop or Best Buy." from some comments on Amazon.

Edited by Noceur

Regardless, you can't feel bad about which version you got if you watch this guy:

Who Wants To Be a Millionaire Dude

:)

:(

...that was freakin' hilarious... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

there's a unique merchant or two that are in the CE...pretty good stuff, or so i hear. they're in the game in the normal version too, just not in the OC. i'd guess that you can download them in a few weeks, like the bonus merchants in BG2

I hope so :( ... I'd rather have some sniggitzin' merchants than the waukeen thingy, to be honest. What would've been really cool is if they'd included a special History with the CE, one for the Evil box and one for the Good box.

EDIT: History meaning the Character background thingy.

Edited by Noceur

Merchant's Friend is available in the US LE versions, Blessing of Waukeen in the Europena ones. I've already found Merchant's Friend on the web, but since I have the European version it doesn't seem to work. Or if it works, there is no way of telling, it doesn't show up anywhere like the blessing.

NWN2HDR.jpg

Well, I seem to have gona some way into the whole FSAA and HDR mystery. Since NWN2 seems to have HDR enabled by default, you cant force it to run FSAA because simultaneous FSAA+HDR is not supported unless youve got an ATI card with haxx

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There's a bunch of people at Bioware's forums who swear that there's no HDR in NWN2.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, I seem to have gona some way into the whole FSAA and HDR mystery. Since NWN2 seems to have HDR enabled by default, you cant force it to run FSAA because simultaneous FSAA+HDR is not supported unless youve got an ATI card with haxx

Aye, thanks! That is indeed correct (can't have em both on most cards), and indeed solves the mystery. :)

And it definately looks like you've got HDR going on there.

btw, do you know if you can even have bloom and FSAA without SM3.0? Might be because of certain engines being built certain ways, but in most SM2.0 games and earlier you can't pick AA if you've got bloom on. That would further detail the problem.

EDIT: Actually, make that pre SM2.0... I'm thinking about games like Thief III and Deus Ex 2, and they're not SM2.0.

EDIT2: Removed the imagine in my quote. Also, nevermind... Thief 3 etc use Pixel Shader 1.1 instructions, so it's got nothing to do with NWN 2.

Edited by Noceur

There's a lot of people on Bioware's forums complaining about NWN2 not having both HDR and AA. Is this true? And more importantly, does it matter?

Not that it is an excuse, but there aren't any graphics card solutions available that CAN display HDR and AA at high resolutions right now ... that'll need the next gen of cards, probably.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT