NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

So when will ye American types be picking up yer copies today? (oh, its around 5am in California, innit?)

(and Bards are probably the most useless and poncy class in existance... next to the druids)

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So when will ye American types be picking up yer copies today? (oh, its around 5am in California, innit?)

(and Bards are probably the most useless and poncy class in existance...  next to the druids)

I will get mine when it gets shipped to me. I should have done the One Day Shipping option. :lol:

The wait, the wait.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I guess it's available today, Kaft. But I probably won't be receiving my specially ordered Waukeen ring & cloth map bling version until the 1st (at the earliest) as they don't sell the Lawful Good/Chaotic Evil version here - just the standard CD, standard DVD and Limited Edition DVD.

manthing2.jpg

When you pre-order here, they send the game to you so youll recieve it the day its released(friday for me). Do they make you wait over there? Bad form.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

When you pre-order here, they send the game to you so youll recieve it the day its released(friday for me). Do they make you wait over there? Bad form.

Where I ordered mine from, they have 1 day, 2 day or normal shipping (3-5 days). I was cheap and chose the normal shipping.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Bought the game on Direct2Drive, and tried to update. The autoupdater downloaded the patch but then aborted saying some NWN2 file did not match, etc. etc. So, despite the fact that they said the direct2drive version was compatible with the first patch it isn't. When you click on technical support on the NWN2 forums it takes you to the Atari site that has no NWN2 category. So, it is either very well hidden or there isn't any technical support. Hopefully that first patch that doesn't work isn't for any gamebreaker bugs or I'm screwed

Where I ordered mine from, they have 1 day, 2 day or normal shipping (3-5 days). I was cheap and chose the normal shipping.

Don't feel too bad. When I ordered mine I selected the fastest possible shipping method ...but when it cam to checking out, it said it wasn't available and stuffed me with standard cheapy ground shipping. <_<

--

Bought the game on Direct2Drive, and tried to update.  The autoupdater downloaded the patch but then aborted saying some NWN2 file did not match, etc. etc.  So, despite the fact that they said the direct2drive version was compatible with the first patch it isn't.  When you click on technical support on the NWN2 forums it takes you to the Atari site that has no NWN2 category.  So, it is either very well hidden or there isn't any technical support.  Hopefully that first patch that doesn't work isn't for any gamebreaker bugs or I'm screwed

Sometimes the D2D downloads aren't compatible with developer patches, but all is not necessarily lost. You can actually get updates to work on them with some ISO image trickery which tends not to be condoned by the publishers. Without explicitly saying anything, trying visiting the Oldblivion forums and research how to get the D2D version of Oblivion compatible with the oldblivion user patch.

manthing2.jpg

Best bard. He's more than capable of beating ass in melee. He did invent stage diving, after all :)

Just got my $60 in cash that I will use to buy my copy of the game in 15 hours. I have a problem in that I'm going to buy it before I go to school, and I'm going to be at school for 3 1/2 hours, which isn't that bad, but it's certainly going to feel excruciating with that brand new, packaged game that's going to be sitting in my car the whole time :) And I already ditched class once this week (there are 2 classes a week)

(and Bards are probably the most useless and poncy class in existance...  next to the druids)

thats your, wrong opinion,

bards can be the most fun basic class to roleplay :)

(note to myself: next-time pnp char should be a kobold bard,

wanna try out the 'Deekin feelin')

IB1OsQq.png

Will this game run on a laptop with 1.83 GHz and 1GB of RAM?    I have no idea what kind of graphics card I'm using.

But the laptop itself is only about 3 months old or so.  I didn't get it for gaming obviously, it's for work.  I just don't want to wait to play this game.  :)

You would've needed to know two things you omitted. Sawyer should've known what you meant, and didn't try. Before discussing video card, you needed to discuss actual processor CORE Silicon. That's because Core 2 Duo is comparable to P4 CPUs running almost twice as fast. If you have the newest Intel CPU in there, you are well above the 3.0 GHz comparable point.

BUT no one can answer the question with certainty, as long as you avoid finding out what video it has (very doubtful you have anything good enough). There are tons of ways to find out.

Which brings up the question of WHY both Atari and Obsidian continue to avoid posting any official System Requirements Charts on either of the two web sites?

:)

Edited by Kiwi

Kiwi

Will this game run on a laptop with 1.83 GHz and 1GB of RAM?    I have no idea what kind of graphics card I'm using.

But the laptop itself is only about 3 months old or so.  I didn't get it for gaming obviously, it's for work.  I just don't want to wait to play this game.  :p

You would've needed to know two things you omitted. Sawyer should've known what you meant, and didn't try. Before discussing video card, you needed to discuss actual processor CORE Silicon. That's because Core 2 Duo is comparable to P4 CPUs running almost twice as fast. If you have the newest Intel CPU in there, you are well above the 3.0 GHz comparable point.

BUT no one can answer the question with certainty, as long as you avoid finding out what video it has (very doubtful you have anything good enough). There are tons of ways to find out.

Which brings up the question of WHY both Atari and Obsidian continue to avoid posting any official System Requirements Charts on either of the two web sites?

they released it and we still doesn't know on what it runs? :)

IB1OsQq.png

What are you talking about? System specs have been out for ages, most retailers have them on their sites. They even have a list of compatible grahics cards

Let's have a LINK to a Chart that either Atari or Obsidian is keeping up to date. The changes have not been reflected on the Wiki site, nor at the SR Test site. Where have you seen the newest data out in the open, not buried in some old tattered message thread?

Edited by Kiwi

Kiwi

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...02648&forum=116

Edit: It's been stickied in the bioware forums...so it's not "buried." :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...02648&forum=116

Edit: It's been stickied in the bioware forums...so it's not "buried." :nuke:

And? Did you see whose thread that was? An official someone? Or perhaps was it MY OWN personal message you saw? I don't work for any of the three companies. I may wish I did, but it doesn't happen to be the fact.

Kiwi

lol, no, I didn't notice you were one and the same, sorry.

Seems like your information + the older lists give enough of a good idea, tho. What does the gamebox say, for those who have it? Wouldn't that be "official?" Or are you looking for an officially sanctioned cards-supported type of list rather than just min/max system recomendations?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts