NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

Wish I could discuss, but the game loads to a solid black screen and sits there.  I can move the cursor, but the game never loads.

C'est la vie.

Some people have mentioned that the first time they play the game, the copy protection does something goofy (and LONG) at a black screen for about a minute or so. Try waiting it out.

i'm on the low end of the system requirements, but i'm running it beautifully at 1280x1024. no hitches, no glitches. :D

pentium 2.53

radeon x700 (256 mb)

sound audigy 1

1 gb ram

windows xp, all updates

V***V

well

whatever

nevermind

Wish I could discuss, but the game loads to a solid black screen and sits there.  I can move the cursor, but the game never loads.

C'est la vie.

Some people have mentioned that the first time they play the game, the copy protection does something goofy (and LONG) at a black screen for about a minute or so. Try waiting it out.

I waited about 3 and a half minutes. The time it took me to microwave a Mama Celeste pizza, eat a handful of grapes, and open a Blue Moon.

It left me hangin' dawg.

It's actually still chillin on the black screen now, as I type this.

C'est la vie.

It did the same for me, took about a minute and a half. Hope that is not something that will happen everytime I want to play. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

It took me 6 minutes and 37 seconds the second time I loaded the game up.  Do I win some type of award?

Wow, only took me about 5 minutes the first time and my system is below the minimum requirements... :)

Mine is above. It hates me, clearly.

So I quit the game and reloaded it, to see if it would happen again. It seems to, and this one is taking longer...

Meh - I'll just use these as beer breaks or something.

Black screen lasted about 30 seconds for me. Pretty standard.

My main problem is that I think the mini-map is a little screwed up. There isn't actually a map there (maybe there's not supposed to be terrain?) but the map nodes are there, except they're all in a straight line across the mini-map :) apparently there's only one dimension to it. Odd.

Black screen lasted about 30 seconds for me. Pretty standard.

My main problem is that I think the mini-map is a little screwed up. There isn't actually a map there (maybe there's not supposed to be terrain?) but the map nodes are there, except they're all in a straight line across the mini-map :) apparently there's only one dimension to it. Odd.

Mine had a map in it at one point, but then it disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. :x

Aaaargh!!!!!

I have been pooped by my retailer. Not only will the game not be delivered on monday the 6th instead of on rlease the 3rd.. BUT theyve also shipped it to my parents adress despite me having clearly stated the shipping adress to here at my university. So... if my parents are kind enough to send it to me here, I might get it friday next week on the 10th

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Okay, I know I should laugh at the misfortune of others, but Kaftan that is hilarious. I feel your pain and I am laughing. :(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It would be amusing if I was not waiting myself. <_<

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Im desperate enough to go ransack the stores downtown. My expectations are so high that I cant wait a whole week longer. I wont be able to get a L.E box though, but maybe I can sell my vanilla version to a friend cheaply once I get the proper one.

Gah!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There's a lot of people on Bioware's forums complaining about NWN2 not having both HDR and AA. Is this true? And more importantly, does it matter?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It doesn't outright say AA but there are a number of graphic options. There is no HDR but there is Bloom which is good enough for me. HDR would kill my frame rate.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

It cant be true, it would be nuts and bonkers not to have AA in a game these days. There is a setting for HDR and sampling(for FSAA) in the nwn.ini so it should be there.

Its probably just a bunch of peole with dodgy GFX and little computer experience

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

They're saying that that ini HDR setting doesn't do zilch, and even if you try to force AA through display properties, it still does nothing.

Heja Sverige!!

I think the problem here is that the level of graphic texture manipulation in the game option menus goes beyond simple AA x2, x4, x6 and what not. You can actual set multiple texture settings individually.

I'm sorry, what?

Heja Sverige!!

In the graphics options it doesn't list AA x2, x4, x6 and what not. Instead you can individual pick and choose your settings such as you could have AA relaxed and not used if you are zoomed clear out but if you zoom all the way in AA kicks in. Or vice versa.

Edited by Sand

There's a lot of people on Bioware's forums complaining about NWN2 not having both HDR and AA. Is this true? And more importantly, does it matter?

Before release this (HDR) was asked, and the devs answered that HDR was very low on the priority list, so likely it's true. And no. It doesn't matter at all.

The game, as far as I know (screenshots, dev talk), uses Bloom though. Bloom (or it's "HDR counterpart") however is a really small component in real HDR (but the one everyone gloats about). Either way, I don't think NWN 2 is a game that would benefit from HDR (other than the overshine part, which bloom does at less GPU cost).

AA is something that a majority of people on forums demand for games. Myself, I don't use it that much... but some people are (apparant from their post) not able to see anything on the screen without having AA, get headaches, bleeding from nose and eyes and attacks of sudden rage (that they unleash upon the forum of the game that so victimized them). So judging by the experience of most people on the net, AA is needed for health (mental and physical) reasons.

If, however, you've played games without AA and not suffered from above symptoms, then you may feel safe in the knowledge that a pixel will not jump out of the screen and stab your eyes to death (and beyond).

:(

EDIT: Although your worries should be sated by above posts, suggesting HDR is either in or might become implemented in further patches. And AA is apparantly there.

Edited by Noceur

In the graphics options it doesn't list AA x2, x4, x6 and what not.  Instead you can individual pick and choose your settings such as you could have AA relaxed and not used if you are zoomed clear out but if you zoom all the way in AA kicks in.  Or vice versa.

I don't think it's possible to do that. And even if it was, I don't see why that would stop them from giving the option to have AA on at all times.

And, just to be clear, AA is anti-aliasing not anisotropic filtering.

@Noceur: I'm not worried, I just find it weird.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!