NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

My main complaint so far....

Warlocks can't enchant. :(

Yet... they are offered the feats for it.  :)

I'm glad I found this out before I blew feat slots on feats my class can't even use.

Why, oh why did they gimp Warlocks like that. They're the best enchanters in a non-Eberron world.... at least in PnP :)

suggesting you to point this out as a bug for the devs to have it fixed

IB1OsQq.png

...at this rate, the game'll prolly be on patch 1.03 'afore I gits me copy... :)

...damn DVDStars...Damn them to the Hells!!!... :angry:

:'(

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

suggesting you to point this out as a bug for the devs to have it fixed

It's already fixed for the next patch.

Does that mean fixed "warlocks can't choose item creation feats"? :(

or

Does that mean fixed "warlocks can now enchant"? (w00t)

It never hurts to ask. :D :( (w00t)

1st? o:)

(jk)

IB1OsQq.png

or

Does that mean fixed "warlocks can now enchant"?  (w00t)

It never hurts to ask.  :D  o:)  (w00t)

They will be disallowed from selecting those feats as our crafting recipes don't support their abilities.

That is poopsaucenz8.gif

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

or

Does that mean fixed "warlocks can now enchant"?  (w00t)

It never hurts to ask.  :D  o:)  (w00t)

They will be disallowed from selecting those feats as our crafting recipes don't support their abilities.

my question is: is the warlock supposed to be able to enchant items?

I ask this becouse i know the publishers and rightholders of FR/D20 look very closely on NWN2 classes, and uses of the rules.

if the answer is yes, than i suggest a later, good patch where you correct the crafting recipes.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Well, in PnP, Warlocks can create almost any item using their innate "Imbue" ability and UMD skill.

But, alas, this isn't PnP.

That's ok, I'll just keep a mage NPC handy.

Normally I'd reroll as crafting/enchanting is a big thing with me... but I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally liking the Warlock's other skills. :cool:

Well, in PnP, Warlocks can create almost any item using their innate "Imbue" ability and UMD skill.

But, alas, this isn't PnP.

That's ok, I'll just keep a mage NPC handy.

Normally I'd reroll as crafting/enchanting is a big thing with me... but I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally liking the Warlock's other skills. :cool:

you don't understand, the guys at WizCoast/Hasbro/whoever have a strong leash (sp?), rules have to be included into the game as much as possible,

Obsidian had luck with KOTOR because of the 40K year difference they even could create a new, 3rd jedi class (what i love the most), but here, with already existing classes they HAVE to do anything after the rule set.

If they are changing any 'little' part of it, it makes DnD hardcores (welll, atleast many of them) and the hasbro guys angry,

also they will ask "what's the next step? giving extra feats for the fighter only all 3 lvls instead of 2?" and similar things, and this all will go to the point where people abandon the game, and Obsidian could get policy (sp?) problems.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Jorian, there's a difference between not adding something because the game can't handle its implementation (which I'm guessing is the case here) and changing the rules without reason. :p

He himself said the crafting recipes doesn't have the warlock things, so thats's a way to repair this bug, add them :lol:

IB1OsQq.png

Honestly, I think they should have more allies avaialble earlier on. Not specifically casters; but I simply like getting joinables as early as possibl;e so I can have more choice in whole I travel with. I would have LOVED for the first two from the tutorial to be full time joinables. I REALLY liked them. :p

I thought so to. I prefered the girl, the guy seemed to be a dullard but a decent fighter.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Honestly, I think they should have more allies avaialble earlier on. Not specifically casters; but I simply like getting joinables as early as possibl;e so I can have more choice in whole I travel with. I would have LOVED for the first two from the tutorial to be full time joinables. I REALLY liked them. :)

I thought so to. I prefered the girl, the guy seemed to be a dullard but a decent fighter.

nothing is impossible: raise dead, and such are included, we just have to beg dev-s that in the expansion you can get them somehow into party, maybe after a little timejump :lol:

PS: I also liked her the most :p

IB1OsQq.png

What exactly does the warlock do, anyway? Link to the char disciption?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Here's a very rudimentary description from someone who's never played one.

Warlocks have an eldritch blast attack which works kinda like a monks fist as I understand it, improving as you level up. You can augment the blast with effects such as fire damage and you also get a very small pool of spells which you can cast an unlimited amount of times each day. At high levels you can shapeshift into a demon with the right spell choices.

Here's the NWVault description from the game

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2G...ory_select_id=2

Edited by Big Bottom

What exactly does the warlock do, anyway? Link to the char disciption?

Warlocks are an alternative arcane spell-casting Core Class introduced in the Complete Arcane sourcebook. Warlocks do not learn or gain spells like other mages, instead they have access to a small pool of Invocations, special Spell-Like Abilities that suffer some of the drawbacks of conventional spells, such as the ability to be interrupted and the requirement of somatic components. They also have other special abilities, such as their primary weapon; the Eldritch Blast. What makes them a match of other mages is that their Invocations can be used an unlimited amount of times per day, so they do not run the risk of running out of spells. Warlocks gain their power through ties, forged intentionally or unintentionally, with alien, chaotic forces, primarily fiends.

Why Warlock?

IB1OsQq.png

It is a shame the inventory is still a mess. I wish they could have implemented a system like Oblivion's inventory list, or the auto organize button of Silent Storm.

They could make the inventory an organized list and STILL have you worry about space.

Example: You could still have your weight limit, # lbs. of a max of 120, AND a space limit. Just convert the grids to a number. For instance, say there were 40 open slots per back pack page and 7 back pack pages. That would mean you had a total of 280 space slots. Just have a limit like weight: This bastard sword weighs 12 lbs and takes up 8 space slots. Then it would have a number at the top of your list that said

Weight: 12lbs of 120

Space: 8 of 280.

Once you ran out of either space or slots #s you would then need to drop or start passing items.

Boom, you have the nice neat simple lists of KoTOR/Oblivion games combined with the more realistic weight and space management of D&D.

That was one of my biggest complaints about NWN 1, the sloppy do it yourself organization and it seems NWN 2 hasn't fixed it in the least. :p

Well, I've decided to reroll.

Partly because my character is a bit gimpy, mostly because the lure of enchanting is too great and even more mostly for the fact I'm finding I really suck at playing evil :geek: Which you kinda gotta be as a warlock.

Well, there's chaotic too.. but I started at neutral and I've already gained like 15 +1's of goodness :wacko: I doubt I can find enough ways to go chaotic before gravitating to true neutral... then I really will be gimped :wacko:

I didn't plan when I made my character. I wanted to be an Eloritch Knight but I didn't plan on meeting the requirements like I should. By the time I meet them I will be too high a level in the other classes. Next game I will plan more.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.