NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

I didn't plan when I made my character. I wanted to be an Eloritch Knight but I didn't plan on meeting the requirements like I should. By the time I meet them I will be too high a level in the other classes. Next game I will plan more.

Wow, I see what you mean.

I'm not sure how anyone can qualify for that class easily.

Diplomacy of 8... and the only classes that can develop it easy are non-casters. :geek:

Arg! I'm torn here. I'm playing a goody, goody paladin, but there is a certain character I really want to lay the smack down on just to teach this person a lesson. Cutscenes how you torment me!

There be dissention in the ranks I tells ya! Dissention I says!

Edited by Deraldin

So I have a question: Is there a way to join the city watch, AND

warn them about the arson?

or do I have to join the thieves for that?

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is anybody else

having a hard time running the keep's garrison correctly? It'd help if you could do 2/5 things at a time, instead of just one thing. I guess you're supposed to focus your soldiers in a certain order, training first, then recruiting, then patrolling, etc.

Also,

are you supposed to be able to recruit a cleric for the keep? I've renovated the entire thing, but the church is still ruined. Is there a big list of the people you can rally to your banner around? I've probably gotten most of them, but you never know.

Is anybody else

having a hard time running the keep's garrison correctly? It'd help if you could do 2/5 things at a time, instead of just one thing. I guess you're supposed to focus your soldiers in a certain order, training first, then recruiting, then patrolling, etc.

Also,

are you supposed to be able to recruit a cleric for the keep? I've renovated the entire thing, but the church is still ruined. Is there a big list of the people you can rally to your banner around? I've probably gotten most of them, but you never know.

About that second one there. You'll be able to rebuild it eventually. Keep playing and sooner or later you'll be given the option.

Back to the first one though:

Not sure how well I'm doing, but I managed to upgrade everything inside and outside of the keep so far. I've only got 64 soldiers, but they are all trained to "best" status. Unfortunately they still have very poor weapons and armour. I'm hoping my new blacksmith will be able to cure that.

My quest to improve me keep shall have to wait till morning-*notices the time*-er, later morning, because my mouse batteries just died on me and I don't have any more AAA handy. ;)

Seems the manual is pretty wrong compared to the in game info, and Eldritch Knight is easier to qualify for than I thought. :)

Gonna try a Rogue 1/Fighter 1/Wizard X/Eldritch Knight X :)

Human of course. ;)

The game guide lists the prerequisites as:

Feats: Weapon Pro (martial)

Spellcasting: Able to cast level 3 spells.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Is anybody else

Also,

About that second one there. You'll be able to rebuild it eventually. Keep playing and sooner or later you'll be given the option.

Back to the first one though:

Not sure how well I'm doing, but I managed to upgrade everything inside and outside of the keep so far. I've only got 64 soldiers, but they are all trained to "best" status. Unfortunately they still have very poor weapons and armour. I'm hoping my new blacksmith will be able to cure that.

My quest to improve me keep shall have to wait till morning-*notices the time*-er, later morning, because my mouse batteries just died on me and I don't have any more AAA handy. ;)

Make sure you've discovered all the ore veins you can. You can only upgrade weapons and armor once for every vein you find, and only after you've recruited the miner from Port Llast, and the other miners from Fort Locke. In my game, I was able to give my guys good weapons and average armor before I ran out of ore. Also, you need two blacksmiths for either to upgrade, if you haven't noticed. Jacoby at Fort Locke is the weapon guy, and one of the merchants at Highcliff is the armor guy.

If at First you don't succeed, try, try again. cheat!  :ph34r:

:)"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Make sure you've discovered all the ore veins you can. You can only upgrade weapons and armor once for every vein you find, and only after you've recruited the miner from Port Llast, and the other miners from Fort Locke. In my game, I was able to give my guys good weapons and average armor before I ran out of ore. Also, you need two blacksmiths for either to upgrade, if you haven't noticed. Jacoby at Fort Locke is the weapon guy, and one of the merchants at Highcliff is the armor guy.

I seem to have run into a wall here. I can't find Jacoby. Fort Locke is no longer on the map and I've been told to try checking Fort Llast but there is no one there. Calindra is still in the inn for some reason even though I've already recruited her.

About the one at highcliff though I've seemed to have run into a different problem in that I after the fight with the lizardmen I'm trapped below the stone wall and can't go anywhere.

Maybe I'm just missing something though...

>_<

I didn't plan when I made my character. I wanted to be an Eloritch Knight but I didn't plan on meeting the requirements like I should. By the time I meet them I will be too high a level in the other classes. Next game I will plan more.

Wow, I see what you mean.

I'm not sure how anyone can qualify for that class easily.

Diplomacy of 8... and the only classes that can develop it easy are non-casters. >_<

WARNING: that isn't the true prerequisite, you don't need Diplo 8, if i remember correctly, you need caster lvl 3 and martial weapons

IB1OsQq.png

WARNING: that isn't the true prerequisite, you don't need Diplo 8, if i remember correctly, you need caster lvl 3 and martial weapons

You're a little behind in the conversation I think. >_< Thanks anyway.

yes, can't de-bug, play, make module for NWN1, work, write, be on forums, and live at the same time :(

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

You're a little behind in the conversation I think. >_< Thanks anyway.

yes, can't de-bug, play, make module for NWN1, work, write, be on forums, and live at the same time :(

Sure you can! It just takes some practice. :o

I seem to have run into a wall here. I can't find Jacoby. Fort Locke is no longer on the map and I've been told to try checking Fort Llast but there is no one there. Calindra is still in the inn for some reason even though I've already recruited her.

About the one at highcliff though I've seemed to have run into a different problem in that I after the fight with the lizardmen I'm trapped below the stone wall and can't go anywhere.

Maybe I'm just missing something though...

>_<

You could be doing them in the wrong order. For example, you can get Orlen from West Harbor if you recruit him before the town gets destroyed. Apparently you can recruit a drow merchant caravan if you initiate the quest from Torio before you go kill the Fire Giants. If you don't recruit Orlen before the town is destroyed, you can't get him. Calindra is always in the Inn, but shows up in the fields after you recruit her.

As for your Lizardman problem, I haven't run into that :\

You could be doing them in the wrong order. For example, you can get Orlen from West Harbor if you recruit him before the town gets destroyed. Apparently you can recruit a drow merchant caravan if you initiate the quest from Torio before you go kill the Fire Giants. If you don't recruit Orlen before the town is destroyed, you can't get him. Calindra is always in the Inn, but shows up in the fields after you recruit her.

As for your Lizardman problem, I haven't run into that :\

Okay so I'm screwed on Orlen as the town has already been destroyed. I'll have to check with Torio about that merchant caravan though. I've already show Calindra to 8 different ore fields. She didn't show up outside the keep last time I was there though.

>_<

I just read on the Bioware forums that i can create my long-dream char concept at once,

its the first huge grin NWN2 allowed me to make since i play it! (w00t)

I am gonna create my Avatar yay! :lol:

To be more specific: God Marduk of Septerra Core

1. Gonna create a fighter/weapon master

2. get him ultra specialized in Greatsword

3. taking the Feat 'monkey grip'

4. gonna use 2 ((!)) greatswords in dual-wield

Voila! There is Marduk, the Protector of Septerra! :D

fcmardukeu5.jpg

I so waited for this since Septerra Core :thumbsup:

IB1OsQq.png