Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Rocky

I still think this should have been a vehicle for Burgess Meredith and not Sylvester Stallone.

I wonder if we're going to be in for some CGI Mickey in the latest installment, kind of like Jor-el in Superman Returns... :mellow:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Since they may be re-doing original Star Trek and it's not known if the originals will still be available or won't be (ala SW, perhaps...) I finally broke down and bought the DVD sets.

Much as I love ST, I must admit that by now, they're very dated and occasionally hard to sit through. But it's still a giggling hoot to watch Spock struggle manfully while pretending to be pinned down by styrofoam rocks....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I didn't mind Paycheck.

stand by me

I have lost track of how many times I've seen this show, but I don't remember it being so...short. It's less than a hour and a half.

edit:and now I'm watching the new Simpsons' Movie trailer

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Superman... not bad I guess. Could have been so much better if it wasn't tied into the older Chris Reeve movies.

Pirates of the Carribean 2 .. also not bad, but not as good as the first. Am still looking forward to the 3rd installment.

Raising Arizona ... classic. Second only to Big Lebowski as favourite Coen Bros film.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I want to bring up a movie that I saw quite a wile ago now

but it hasnt come out in America yet.

Its called 'Children of Men'

Its a British movie that came out erlier this year in the UK,

Its a Si-Fi movie about the not far off future where woman have

stopped being able to have children, but nobody knows why.

The movie at first wont seem much different from real life in this year

but as it goes on you see whats really changed about the world since then.. It will eventually remind you of City 17 from Half Life

with a war going on..

Its a really inspireing and beautiful movie.. yet really brutal.

I recommend it to ANYONE.

Bully

Ugly as hell.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Lost repeats. Season 2, to be exact.

And yes, I go under the assumption that if it's on a DVD it counts as a movie.

seeing that myself as well.. a good show..

Saw maybe 5 or 6 episodes of it and I was more lost than the crew.

Recently watched Advent Children. Looks pretty interesting though I never played the Final Fantasy games.

one of the good things about it is that, for every answer it provides several new questions are presented.. even after 1,5 seasons I'm still in the dark about what is happening - it's really tense..

on topic:

Just saw "Thank you for smoking" .. and I don't really know what to think about it.. good acting, serious and silly at the same time! but the lead actor (can't remember his name) is far from as charming as he is supposed to be..

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm watching Die Hard right now. It's on TV. They have been bleeping every word that could concievably be considered a swear word, but they somehow missed bleeping "mother______" :devil:

And they missed it again. :)

Edited by Deraldin

Just finished disc four of Firefly and then watched Good Night and Good Luck.

It's not that remarkable, except in that someone (Clooney) felt it was necessary in the current environment to make it.

If the defenders of a free society throw out the rules that make the society free, then the society isn't free and therefore not worth defending.

I think Bruce Willis (well, the writer, Lawrence Wright) tried to say this in The Siege back in 1998. Possibly the plot was a little too close to the bone for people to think fondly about it, though:

After the abduction by the US military of an Islamic religious leader, New York City becomes the target of escalating terrorist attacks. Anthony Hubbard, the head of the FBI's Counter-Intelligence Task Force in New York, teams up with CIA operative Elise Kraft to hunt down the terrorist cells responsible for the attacks. As the bombings continue, the US government responds by declaring martial law, sending US troops, led by Gen. Devereaux, into the streets of New York City.

Governments of free countries don't like to advertise their last option of martial law ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I saw The Queen today.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Making my way through 24, season 5.

Still weary of the whole moles and leaks - tho I understand it's probably hard to figure out another way to do it - and the young teen as substutitue for daughter in peril is meh - however, it's much better than season 4.

That first episode opener tho - that was awesome. Whoah. :rolleyes:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts