Another NWN2 Movie

Hassat Hunter

I'm not judging their character or anything, by the way - or not even their dialogue. Just the voice acting. The dwarf had the potential to be good but stressed the wrong parts and generally sounded forced to me. If I closed my eyes I would not imagine I was in the room with the dwarf, but rather with a man in a studio.

I liked Annah, but that tiefling's voice would probably grate after a while. But I was talking about the quality of fovoice acting, not the voice itself - in terms of that, the dwarf was fine IMO.

I thought that both drarf's and tiefling's voices were OK, though some of other NPCs sounded artificial (esp. tiefling cutscene).

And Volourn, I didn't say I don't like Annah's character, in fact it is one of my favorites (and not because she was a little girl who had sex with her father). Nevertheless, I just don't want to see characters being recycled, I hope tiefling will be something different. You, on the other hand, seem to reserve special hate for this type, just like Hades and Christianity. :(

P.S.

NWN1 battle music wasn't awesome, I hope it doesn't return.

I have to say I quite liked the graphics. The only thing I wasn't too impressed about were the character's heads. Seemed wooden and lacked detail.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Did anyone else find they were trying to play the game while watching the video? I almost clicked on a dialogue option and tried using my mouse wheel to zoom out.

Also, I hope the NWN combat music is just a placeholder. I hated the combat music in NWN.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The toolset will allow you to choose NWN1/2 music for your mods, but I was hoping the OC would use completely original music. I'm hoping it's placeholder too.

The new samples are quite nice, though.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

guh, it's times like this I wish my computer knew how to handle codecs. Even DivX is pleading ignorance on my machine.

Get VLC at videolan.org. It's a mediaplayer that has built-in support for all major codecs (and a lot of minor ones). That should play it without problem (unless it's a quicktime or real-file, then you need the corresponding player).

I like the fact that the combat turns are evident. Really good job there.

Agree 100%

There seems to be a tendency for the enemy AI to cause enemies to attack the same unit.  Some slight AI change to moderate that might be nice.

:p Wouldn't it make more sense for all the enemy to concetrate on one target?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I like the fact that the combat turns are evident. Really good job there.

Agree 100%

There seems to be a tendency for the enemy AI to cause enemies to attack the same unit.  Some slight AI change to moderate that might be nice.

:p Wouldn't it make more sense for all the enemy to concetrate on one target?

You may be right. But it doesn't look realistic. Also, there may be a wizard or archer or theif about.

Don't rear and flank attacks get bonuses?

How does that impact the situation?

I am not brushed up on my rules. ;)

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

It looks like the intermediate blood sprays (those not associated with death animations) are for attacks of opportunity - which are otherwise not annimated. It might be better if they were toned down some, so they are more distinguishable and less dire looking.

The more I watch it the more I see to like.

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I don't know what you people are talking about, the battle animations looks fine to me :huh:

Can't wait for this game, my interest increased even more after this video.

I like the tiefling, the situation with the soldiers reminded me of when you saved Viconia in BG2.

I hope we can have a romance with her :(

Only thing I didn't like so much, was the troll. It seemed to have changed for the worse compared to the troll on the NWN2 homepage.

post-13486-1159725888_thumb.jpg

But the actions of the characters are.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It is not turn base. Neither is NWN1 9also the Aurora), KOTOR, or the IE. It's RT w/pause, or psuedo TB.

Here's a test:

Leave the game unpaused and go away for 10 minutes. What will he happening when you return? The game will play itself - either you will be dead or the enmies will be dead.

In conclusion, it's NOT turn base.

It has similarties with turn base combat; but it's NOT turn base combat.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It is not turn base. Neither is NWN1 9also the Aurora), KOTOR, or the IE. It's RT w/pause, or psuedo TB.

Here's a test:

Leave the game unpaused and go away for 10 minutes. What will he happening when you return? The game will play itself - either you will be dead or the enmies will be dead.

In conclusion, it's NOT turn base.

It has similarties with turn base combat; but it's NOT turn base combat.

Game over.

What if you turn on auto pause?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta