Remember FALLOUT!

Jorian Drake

I rather enjoyed that game a lot, until that werewolf "puzzle."

Now I get it, you monger for attention. That's why you keep bringing that up even though you seemly hate the remarks made upon it. Poor Hades.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And there are people that insist that NHL '94 is still the greatest NHL game that EA has ever made, and that no other game has been able to improve upon it.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Well, I think Civ 2 is the best Civilization game ever made ... my friend just downloaded it (it uses 4MB of RAM!) and hasn't been able to stop playing it since ... and he just bought a new Core 2 Duo XPS system (and just finished Quake IV).

Some games defy their age.

For example, there isn't a lot you can do to Tetris ... or Deus Ex! :o

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I was 9 when Fallout was released.

I was 11 when I first played PS:T. I thought it was boring and pointless, but I loved BG2.

I went back to PS:T when I was 16 and it instantly became my all-time favourite. Also finally tried the Fallouts and loved it, once my eyes stopped hurting.

Youngsters can champion your beloved oldies and refute the nostalgia argument, people. Love it.

Well nuts to alla youse! I'm enjoying Fallout Tactics for the first time. Yes it's simply a combat game, but It's enjoyable and it runs on my work PC!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I first played Fallout 2 when I was 12.... Back then a couple of my close friends had played Fallout and they just couldnt stop talking about it. I didnt understand most of what they were saying. So when I saw FO2 on the shelves I bought it wondering what the ****ing fuss was all about. I was hooked instantly.

And there are people that insist that NHL '94 is still the greatest NHL game that EA has ever made, and that no other game has been able to improve upon it.

That's impossible, because Madden 94 is the greatest sports game.... no greatest game ever!!!!!!!!!!

I bought Fallout the day it was released. I had been anticipating that game for a long long time, although I had no idea how they were going to make a game about finding a waterchip interesting. Anyway, I was eh somewhere in my twenties give or take a vague number of years at that time. :)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Although MVP Baseball 05 is very, very good, I have to say the best sports game I've played is either Virtua Tennis for the DC or NCAA Football 2003.

I played about eight years of a dynasty with NCAA football in a period of two years in the dorms with three other guys. It was about the most fun I've had in with a multiplayer game. We'd have draft parties and everything.

But back on-topic, I played a bit of Fallout 2 and was bored to tears. I'm talking "Morrowind"-bored. Honestly, it was one of the most boring things I've ever done. And I'm sure it gets better than killing radscorpions in that first dungeon. In fact, I also killed radscorpions in various other places throughout the game.

And before you blast me, know that I have played slow-burn games before. But the difference between something like Irenicus' Dungeon and that intro to Fallout is that with BG2, the story has already kicked in. You're already off and running. Anyway, I played for hours with just Zulu or whoever for company, and then I'd get people to join who didn't even have a character portrait, much less a richly-developed background. Okay, so you're a bartender. You want to come with me and shoot things. All right, but shouldn't there be more? Maybe there was. Maybe I just missed it, it's definitely possible, because by that point I really didn't care anymore.

So anyway, there's my two cents. Maybe I just lack the patience to appreciate SPECIAL, but I just don't believe the hype when it comes to Fallout.

Flame on, brothers. :D

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Well, I think Civ 2 is the best Civilization game ever made ... my friend just downloaded it (it uses 4MB of RAM!) and hasn't been able to stop playing it since ... and he just bought a new Core 2 Duo XPS system (and just finished Quake IV).

Some games defy their age.

For example, there isn't a lot you can do to Tetris ... or Deus Ex! :)

Fair enough. Given that the sequels differ enough from Civ2, it's easy to say that. And there's always exceptions. I wouldn't be surprised if many still played Civ 2 just because it was first. The real test of time is (and I assume this is the case with your friend) whether or not someone that didn't play it when it first came out (and preferrably has played similar games since), picks it up and immediately prefers it to all others.

That's impossible, because Madden 94 is the greatest sports game.... no greatest game ever!!!!!!!!!!

Who was talking about the greatest sports game?

So, am I the only one here who has never played Fallout?

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I rather enjoyed that game a lot, until that werewolf "puzzle."

Now I get it, you monger for attention. That's why you keep bringing that up even though you seemly hate the remarks made upon it. Poor Hades.

No, I don't hate remarks made from it. I hate insulting remarks made on it. Like this one. :rolleyes:

Here I was having a nice civilized discussion with my fellow posters discussing games in a nice constructive manner and you want to trade attacks over one innocuous comment on my opinion of a game released quite some time ago. Whatever trips your trigger.

Edited by 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit

Harvey

But back on-topic, I played a bit of Fallout 2 and was bored to tears. I'm talking "Morrowind"-bored. Honestly, it was one of the most boring things I've ever done. And I'm sure it gets better than killing radscorpions in that first dungeon. In fact, I also killed radscorpions in various other places throughout the game.

And before you blast me, know that I have played slow-burn games before. But the difference between something like Irenicus' Dungeon and that intro to Fallout is that with BG2,  the story has already kicked in. You're already off and running. Anyway, I played for hours with just Zulu or whoever for company, and then I'd get people to join who didn't even have a character portrait, much less a richly-developed background. Okay, so you're a bartender. You want to come with me and shoot things. All right, but shouldn't there be more? Maybe there was. Maybe I just missed it, it's definitely possible, because by that point I really didn't care anymore.

So anyway, there's my two cents. Maybe I just lack the patience to appreciate SPECIAL, but I just don't believe the hype when it comes to Fallout.

Flame on, brothers.  :D

Well, I suppose it depends what you look for in your game experience. I had just the opposite experience from you, Fallout VS BG2. I mean BG2 didn't bore me, I rather enjoyed it actually, but I didn't enjoy any of it nearly so much as Fallout.

To each their own. :rolleyes:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"Tried the PC version????? If not you are missing out. The best baseball game ever made even better. Goood Stuff."

No. How are the controls? I'm not a big fan of sports games on PC for some reason. If the controls are reasonably good, I might check it out for PC as well.

Also, what makes it improved comapred to the console (PS2) version? It must be really good to be better. :rolleyes:

As for FO series. A greats eries no doubt; but not perfect. No game is. I can see why an intelligent gamer might not like it. Joinable npcs are lacking comapred to the BG-PST-KOTOR-JE-NWN counterparts that ar eoften in that circle of games, the stories (well.. one story shared by the two games actually) is adequately good at best, and while I personally LOVE the combat; I coudls ee why the system isn't for everyone.

Good stuff. :cool:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.