Remember FALLOUT!

Jorian Drake

"It had a great story and wicked humor that I liked. "

Anyone who likes FO because it has a 'wicked story' needs to look up the defintion of 'wicked story' in this sense.

FO's strength was not its story. It was merely adequate.

FO was awesome. But it is dead. Just like BG.

DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!

I want *new* games. Not some game I played for like 6 months, and put it away to never play again.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"It had a great story and wicked humor that I liked. "

Anyone who likes FO because it has a 'wicked story' needs to look up the defintion of 'wicked story' in this sense.

FO's strength was not its story. It was merely adequate.

FO was awesome. But it is dead. Just like BG.

DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!

I want *new* games. Not some game I played for like 6 months, and put it away to never play again.

Reading comphrension -10? I said wicked humor, GOOD story.

NWN is your baby, go sing the praises of it in the NWN thread. I know you do. ;)

R00fles!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

So why bother keeping up with the gaming industry at all? You already have FO and BG.

To try something new and different. Maybe find something that can gain that Greatness title like the Fallout series has. Bloodlines gain it in a more recent game that has been done. Two years later nothing else released has gained that Greatness title.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I never mentioned NWN ocne in that post. It is totally irrelevant to the point of it. I was discussing FO since this thread is about FO.

As for the mix up between story and humour. *shrug* Point still stands. The story was not good. It was adequate.

Of all the things to praise FO for, the story is like 99th on the list...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When did anyone here start talking about Fallout clones?

I don't want to see Fallout clones, I want to see other cRPGs executed as well as Fallout was. Talk about progress all you want, I haven't seen much, and none of it detracts from the quality of the game.

I think Fallout did fantastically well in creating a world (atmosphere etc), sarcastic humour that went with it and roleplaying options. Some people liked the combat too.

Story was fine to enable the player to explore the world but I'm with Volourn. It wasn't top tier. Unfortunately no companion interactions either.

Overall, a magnificent effort for its time though people should know what they're getting into.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

It is, but sentiment doesn't account for all of it. While it lacks the polish and tech of later games, no RPG after it has been able to balance non-linear gameplay and narrative strength as well. Most games excel at either one (TES) or the other (KOTOR). There's plenty of reason for a discerning gamer to declare the best RPG ever made. Doesn't mean it will never be topped, it just hasn't yet ;)

It has its faults (the party system was particularly clunky, as has been pointed out, due to relatively late implementation in development) but it's still very, very good.

Edited by Pop

I dunno, I'd call shooting in the back pretty significant interaction.

And I blew Vic away every time he did it. ;)"

Marcus. :)

Ian :D

I generally haven't had that problem with Marcus (he has, however, killed Cassidy many times) I keep wondering how Fallout would have been better or worse (probably worse) had they made it party-free like it was originally intended.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm hoping NWN2 is Fallout good.

http://www.svatopluk.com/fallout/download/demo.stm

Where I got the demo...and I gotta say......I don't see what the big deal is with a lot of you. This thing plays terribly. The combat is almost painful and the graphics are like a kick in the crotch.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

With MCA doing the writing for the party members, I'm giving NWN2 the edge over FO.

I don't really care about enslaving cities or being able to kill anyone in the game. That's just petty thuggery. I opt for genocide-em-up games instead of RPGs for that.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)