Remember FALLOUT!

Jorian Drake

I've yet to play any RPG that captured my attention and imagination as well as Fallout did. Every time I play an RPG, I compare it (intentionally or no) to Fallout, and they never quite measure up.

I just hope the guys who are making the next one remember it as well as I do :)

I installed the demo but I get a black screen when I try ot play it.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Fileplanet, maybe it's because I'm using XP and I have direct X 9.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Try playing it in compatibility mode. Right-click the .exe file and go to properties. Go in win95 mode.

Thanks, if the demo is anything like the real game than I think I'll pass. I was expecting an ugly version of IWD but this is just gruesome.

Hey, the game's almost 10 years old, dawg. DAWG. Represent!

I just was expecting better because of what I've heard. Oh ya and I hate the combat system. I shoot, have to walk around. Be attacked and than repeat.

I just was expecting better because of what I've heard. Oh ya and I hate the combat system. I shoot, have to walk around. Be attacked and than repeat.

I wonder how many of us would think the same thing if we hadn't played it all those years ago?

I wouldn't be surprised if half the people that claim to love the game so much wouldn't even give it a second look if the originals were never made, and suddenly were released today.

To be honest, I don't know if I'd like a clone.

The nice thing about NOT being a clone is that it means it's possible for us to get something different that is actually better.

Or worse.

Yes that's always a possibility.

But if you get laden with Fallout clones, it's going to sour your perception of the style.

And as I said, if people were content with just making clones of the good games back in the day, we'd never get a Fallout.