SAVE STARGATE SG1 FROM CANCELATION AFTER SEASON 10

Lightsaber430

I personally think its a good idea to cancel it. Have it go out while its still popular instead of letting it become crap. And 10 is a good number to go out on. Not many shows have gone that many seasons.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I love Stargate SG-1, but I think it's time to call it a day with this cast. Television history is full of series that just didn't know when to die. Let Stargate: Atlantis go on by itself for a few more seasons, then maybe it'll be time for a new SG-1.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

No, don't save Stargate SG-1.

I'd like it to end while the show still has some semblance of quality. Ten years is more than respectable for any show let alone a sci-fi series. In that time they have completely wrapped up the main story arc of defeating the main bad guys and the main characters have evolved and achieved their goals.

The last couple of seasons have just recycled the whole "super powerful baddies as gods2 thing and it seems like the writers have crammed in as many bad self referential jokes as possible. Not even the super hot Morena Baccarin can save it now.

Goodbye SG-1.

They could go out with a bang.

Or at least a biff.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I still enjoy watching it now and then but yes, 10 years is a long time for any show, and if they wanted to cancel it now, I wouldn't complain.

I still miss RDA as well...that new guy is ok, but he's still missing something...like chemistry with the other characters...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

GO TO:

www.savestargatesg1.com

write letters you'll find adresses on 'tatics' page

Join official SG MSG BOARD:

http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards//ind...eferrerid=27974

see ya there :cool:

10 years is a long time, maybe it should end.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

The series has been a major suckage since the movie.

Seriously, loved that Stargate movie, hated all the series, there's just something about it I really really dont like.

The movie was bloody awful. At least, the series had a certain campiness to it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I love Stargate. I really do. At the very least, though, it needs a break. It's been going downhill for the past few seasons, and the writers either need to end things with a bit of decorum or just take a break to refocus.

Plus, the fact that I love the SG-1 cast AND the Farscape castaways so damn much makes the mediocre showing for the last few seasons that much more disappointing. All the elements are there to make something so much better, but instead it just feels like the show's dragging on aimlessly.

What they really oughta do is continue with the Ori storyline for the rest of this season, without rushing things too much just to wrap up the Ori story threads before the finale; then, if another station picks up SG-1, so be it, but if not, they can bring an end to the show in a grand three part, made for TV movie finale. And they could call it the Stargate Wars or something. Seems familiar for some reason though :(

I find it funny that not a single reply supported more seasons of the show.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I love SG1 and is a great show. The thing is I would have ended it with Season 8. In my opinion it was about the Earth versus the System Lords and at the end of Season Eight the System Lords were no longer a power.

Now I would have started a 3 spin off series dealing with the aftermath of Season 8 mostly dealing with the new technologies and power vacuum as a result of the System Lords' defeat centered around the crew of the Prometheus or similar vessel.

Isn't stargate supposed to be about a technologially "backward" race trying to gain technology to compete with the system lords?

Hence after the system lords died it should have ended.... I admit I like getting to know the ancients better but I would have preferred if they kept that to the spinoff (Atlantis) or maybe a miniseries.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I love SG1 and is a great show.  The thing is I would have ended it with Season 8.  In my opinion it was about the Earth versus the System Lords and at the end of Season Eight the System Lords were no longer a power. 

Now I would have started a 3 spin off series dealing with the aftermath of Season 8 mostly dealing with the new technologies and power vacuum as a result of the System Lords' defeat centered around the crew of the Prometheus or similar vessel.

Now the threat sg-1 faces are the ori, they're religious extremists, I won't spoil the rest, next ep friday the 8th @ 9pm(SEASON 10 IS QUITE THRILLING :D

You can catch up by downloading season 10 eps. from Itunes(they should be pretty cheap :(

Kill it.

I tried and tried many times to enjoy this show but to me, it's just airtime that could be better spent on Battlestar Galactica.

It's been around for so long. Pretty fun to watch, but you don't want to get attached to it; Stargate SG1 is like an old stray dog that shows up at your door and looks cute, but you know it'll die in a year.

Edited by Blank