Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford

Who were the Munroes again? >_<

The game just crashed on me and I hadn't saved in over an hour I was almost at the end too... :(

The family that the mayor wants you to "deal with" before she'll give you the keys to the stronghold.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

:(

IWD was the better of the IE games when it came to crashing to the desktop problems. Never happened. BG2 was more of a problem with me in that regard.

How odd :(

I've only had two problems with BG or BG2 ever :)

The first was a weird bug that occured because they didn't increase the flag timer when they made TotSC... reaaaaaaaaaaally messed the game up if you did too much. I had to kill the demon boss a dozen times before I gave up and found out it was bug related :)

The other was a lock up... but that turned out to be a problem with my powersupply... which ended up blowing up my old comp >_<

Are you sure? Your bugs have BG1/BG2 (fully patched) written all over them...

two points:

1) i never commented on bg bugs

2) the big difference there is that bg certainly had plenty of bugs, but it also had, if you played it right, a hundred or more hours of play time. this game is supposedly only 20-30 hours and i've only been in it about 4 and every quest i've touched (almost) has had issues of some sort or another.

professional doesn't mean bug-free.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

keep in mind, i'm not laying down a "don't play this crap" mandate... this effort was done by a relatively small group of people and they did do a fine job (so far) with the story... it just needs work. mostly scripting errors (it would be hard to have an engine error anymore). i will continue it when they fix them (i don't want to finish the story while trying to battle errors)

taks

HEY!  I resemble that remark!  :thumbsup:

You look like a written statement? :thumbsup:

That's weird.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The family that the mayor wants you to "deal with" before she'll give you the keys to the stronghold.

Oh them! Head Northwest of the town. Right by where you entered the area.

heh, yeah, imagine my surprise when they were sitting right there after I walked around to that area. :">

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Speaking of which, I might scrap my current game and start over using a fighter.

All the weapons I seem to be collecting along the way are those my rogue/assassin combo can't use. :lol:

Speaking of which, I might scrap my current game and start over using a fighter.

All the weapons I seem to be collecting along the way are those my rogue/assassin combo can't use.  :lol:

Yeah. I was using a short sword called Starfire or some such that was only +1 but had 1d6 fire and DC 13 flare on hit for most of the game until I found a +3 1d6 ice short sword about an hour from the end of the module. I had 250k gold and nothing to spend it on. <_<

I was using a Rogue/Fighter in a 2:1 ratio for levels. Beat the module as an 8/4 Rogue/Fighter. Had an armour class in the 40's and did on average 14 damage or so per hit. Averaged 34 with my constant sneak attacks. :D

Load times are soooooooo slowwww. It makes BL loadtimes look super fast. I'm gonna wait 'til I update my computer to try again... It does look good otherwise...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Load times are soooooooo slowwww.  It makes BL loadtimes look super fast. I'm gonna wait 'til I update my computer to try again... It does look good otherwise...

That was something that caught me too. Load times were damn good till it hit around the 80% mark where it would just stop for at least a minute. I found myself ignoring areas just so that I wouldn't have to sit through the damn load time. <_<

same here, and i'm using a 7200 rmp sata with a dedicated scsi controller (only the primary drive uses it). the game stutters a bit, too.

mark

Edited by taks