Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford

back on topic... if that is possible:

this mod is pretty bugged. it may have the "professional" feel to it, but certainly not the professional level of good QA that results. in one side quest, you'll inevitably lose your only tank henchman and you have to run a script to get her back. some other quests never give you a resolution, i.e. the dialog tree with the quest giver never acknowledges completion. there's one that i've seen that does not allow you to do what you say you're going to do (pick up a chest). another results in your contact mysteriously disappearing though the quest is put into the finished tab. hopefully ossian studios will get the bugs worked out in coming releases. it does seem BGish with numerous little side-quests popping up here and there. the quests are not really "fedex," so much as running back and forth, in the beggining, to research the problem du jour.

all in all, it seems like a fun mod that just needs a lot of work. as with what seems like every story these days, you're fate is written in the stars in a manner of speaking. however, your inclusion into the grand scheme is NOT because you were fated to be a part of it all, it is because your long-time friend was mistakenly taken captive (instead of the grand scheme person, who has similar looks) and you got shoved into the fray simply because you want to save her. sort of a back door into fate i guess.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

... in one side quest, you'll inevitably lose your only tank henchman and you have to run a script to get her back... (severely snipped for my own pleasure and delight)

I lost my rogue henchman, not the tank one. Perhaps it depends on which one you get in the prologue thing (playing as a rogue or mage gives you the tank character in the prologue I believe, whilst playing as a fighter gives you the rogue).

Nevertheless, I agree... it's pretty buggy. I honestly thought it was the end and was about to give up on the module before I found out about the script thing (because I really needed a rogue in my party).

Besides some quests that I can't seem to finish (I think I've only encountered one) I've also found that you can screw up some up some quests depending on which order you say things. Well, at least superficially and dialogue-wise. The quest is finished either way, it's just that if you say the dialogue in the wrong order, it seems as if you haven't gone to the bottom of it, even though you have all the clues.

Ah well, regardless of whatever bugs (none are show-stopping, I believe), it's a very fun campaign.

this mod is pretty bugged.  it may have the "professional" feel to it, but certainly not the professional level of good QA that results.  in one side quest, you'll inevitably lose your only tank henchman and you have to run a script to get her back.

That one got me, too. Luckily I had a saved game before that quest begins, and I was able to avoid it until a solution could be found.

All in all, there are some bugs, but overall still a very good module.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

it may have the "professional" feel to it, but certainly not the professional level of good QA that results

Are you sure? Your bugs have BG1/BG2 (fully patched) written all over them...

(Yes, I am replaying those 2 due to having obtained the DVD-collection)

And are WAY less worse than; let's say... Kotor2...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It's a good game to play when you are depressed/ pissed off or whatever. Kill everything in sight and eventually that negative energy leaves you and you feel better. Than reload and play the game as a goody.

I prefer something a bit more action oriented. Typically a First Person Shooter. More instant gratification.

It's a good game to play when you are depressed/ pissed off or whatever. Kill everything in sight and eventually that negative energy leaves you and you feel better. Than reload and play the game as a goody.

I prefer something a bit more action oriented. Typically a First Person Shooter. More instant gratification.

I prefer Resident Evil :)

Shotgun Decaps ftw! :p

After installing ToSC, patch for it AND a fan-patch BG1 is still riddled with bugs

(Don't say you never saw your desktop after entering a house in Baldur's Gate for example... or tell me where you found the body of some guy at the Ankhegs north of Baldur's Gate... not that there ARE any there :p" )

BG2 does it a better; though...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

After installing ToSC, patch for it AND a fan-patch BG1 is still riddled with bugs

(Don't say you never saw your desktop after entering a house in Baldur's Gate for example... or tell me where you found the body of some guy at the Ankhegs north of Baldur's Gate... not that there ARE any there  :p" )

I remember getting the crash when entering a house in Beregost. I never noticed any bugs other than the ones that crashed the games. I'm sure they were there, but that doesn't mean that I noticed them. :)"

That doesn't make sense... the BGs were bugfree.  :)

At least for me.  :huh:

Mostly for me, too, but I think that's because I don't tend to do unexpected things or explore every nook and cranny.

If BG2 is more stable on your machine, have you tried BGTutu? I guess you probably have, but I'm new to it and I love it. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Shotgun Decaps ftw! :p

To each his or her own. There's something really satisfying about listening to someone accuse me of cheating in Counterstrike. And then telling me that he can tell from my Steam account ID that my account had been banned once before.

It's the bestest compliment I can get in that game :huh:

As for my BG and BG2 experiences, I can't really remember any bugs outside of Jaheira's romance looping. I played the games patched. It's been a long time though so I may have just forgotten. But if that's the case my experience with the bugs couldn't have been that big of a deal.

Edited by alanschu

No, stability is fine with both. Just the scripted thingies. Haven't used BGTutu myself (moved on to BG2 anyways); more bothersome are some unfinished quests... dialog errors and such; and ofcourse disappearing NPC's who then cannot give their quest reward >_<

EDIT; just as reference (for BG2) see the huge fixlist of this fan-patch

http://www.baldurdash.org/ToB/Fixes/TOBfixes.html

Most I haven't noticed due to not using item/NPC and because I am not that far in the game... but wow...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

Shotgun Decaps ftw! >_<

To each his or her own. There's something really satisfying about listening to someone accuse me of cheating in Counterstrike. And then telling me that he can tell from my Steam account ID that my account had been banned once before.

It's the bestest compliment I can get in that game :)

As for my BG and BG2 experiences, I can't really remember any bugs outside of Jaheira's romance looping. I played the games patched. It's been a long time though so I may have just forgotten. But if that's the case my experience with the bugs couldn't have been that big of a deal.

Haha. Killing little lines of code is nothing if you're not pissing off someone behind another monitor at the same time.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

That's a bummer.

I think I'll pass on it.

It's no moreso bugged than the BGs were.

That doesn't make sense... the BGs were bugfree. :)

At least for me. :)

>_<

IWD was the better of the IE games when it came to crashing to the desktop problems. Never happened. BG2 was more of a problem with me in that regard.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Shotgun Decaps ftw! >_<

I chose the Fallouts because they are sad and depressing settings to begin with. Plus mini gun chunks and flame dancing FTW!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

BGs didn't often have "technical" bugs, in terms of crashes, instability or whatnot, except for the famous "green water" and their incapability to run properly on later machines and later drivers, which you can't really blame them for.

However, BG2 especially, due to its largeness, had "coding" bugs - e.g. a guy who's supposed to appear doesn't, or a particular spell rolls a D8 die instead of D6 die, and so forth. But even most of those weren't particularly significant.