Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford

Doesn't change the fact that there is a lot of material from their previous games that should have been in Neverwinter Nights in the first place.  Like I said, too little too late.  Its just too sad that the fanbase had to do Bioware's work for them to make NWN close to a worthwhile game.

Bah, I am griping over old issues.  I just can't wait for the better NWN game in October.

Were you not one of the people getting anxious because of how long the game had been in development?

Managed to give it a try. I'm still twiddling around the beginning area, but it's pretty good so far.

And considering it's free, I'd say it's a must-try for anyone that still has NWN installed, and who enjoys SP campaigns.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

How's the writing/story? Unless it's excellent, I can't really be bothered to reinstalled NWN1. I've been pretty much disappointed with virtually all community mods so far. Only the above could change that.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Writing's about on par with the NWN OC. As in, nothing out of this world yet, but at the same time it has that "professional" touch that you'd expect from an actual game studio.

As far as story goes, I'm not far enough in to either condemn or praise it yet.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Heh I might start over with a new character.

I imported one of mine, and the lowest I had that was close to Level 8 is a Level 14 Assassin type guy.

If you create a new character they will provide you with experience to level up to 8. I have a fighter rogue going through at the moment. Just kinda stumbling around town not sure what I'm doing... :( So far there have been a number of dialogue skill checks that I've noticed. Most conversations seem to have a bluff/intimidate option and I really like the knockout drops. :-"

Edited by Deraldin

Alright, I finished the Shadowguard premium mod today. It was okay. I'm going to be more leniant about NWN and not compare it to something like Oblivion every moment I play it.

Considering that NWN is already installed for me, I'll give this mod a try. I'll make a character named Horace, and he'll be a hobbit, and he will kill anyone named Dhothlar.

Not if Dhothlar kills him first.

Writing's about on par with the NWN OC.  As in, nothing out of this world yet, but at the same time it has that "professional" touch that you'd expect from an actual game studio.

So, 'professional' yet bland. Can't say I'm in any rush to reinstall the game. Anyhow.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

" As in, nothing out of this world yet, but at the same time it has that "professional" touch that you'd expect from an actual game studio."

Not surprising considering, IIRC, some of the devs of this mod, used to work at BIo and did stuff for the Bg series, and NWN...

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Thanks for the heads up... installed NWN + EPs again. Now patching... I wonder if it'll be done downloading the patch before NWN2 is released =]

Seriously though, I hope this will keep me entertained for a while... my last entertainment was that stinkin' Titan Quest and there's only so much you can do on the Fields of Lootage.

ps. <_< Stinkin' Ramses and his 3 identical sets of gloves... that his predecessors got burried with.