Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford

Yeah, sure, whatever.

Actually I didn't pay for Star Wars Galaxies.  My roommate did.  Also I bought a used X Box on the cheap and not a new one.  Of course none of this has anything to do with the module or neverwinter nights.

And neither does whining about having to kill rats with a level 8 character, since it has no real bearing on the story, or gameplay, apart from apparently one part (a part I haven't come to, I might add).

You're being ridiculous, and you know it. You're writing off a module because it involves killing rats.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Oh gosh, I must've not explained. I went into the cellar and there were some scurrying rodents. They weren't hostile. I walked around some more and looked at stuff. Nothing was worth seeing down there, which is realistic, as a real cellar probably has nothing worth seeing in it. So on my way out I decide that the rats are a good touch to the cellar. I check to see if they can be targeted by the mouse. They could be. So then I attacked one. It died. Totally unrelated to any missions. Some other rats came after me. I smacked each one on the head and they died instantly.

NOT a mission or quest. PURELY FOR FUN. The only bad part was that 1 foot long bones flew out of them.

So far, the module is as much or more compelling as the OC is.

Edited by Blank

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Inter...s.Detail&id=254

World map talk above! :huh:

P.S. Obviously, we shouldn't listent o Hades' rant as seemed to attack something that wasn't even true about the module. L0LLERS! :D

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I like the killing vs dialogue questing so far.

btw, I came upon a bug... if one of your henchmen goes missing (due to a bug) after a certain quest, this is presumably the solution (haven't tried it yet):

In Yon Chatte Windowe, type:

1. ##DebugMode 1

2. ##dm_runscript db_findhench

3. ##DebugMode 0

This should fetch the missing henchman to your position, according to Zeh Devs.

EDIT: It works, thank ye gode... I was totally rogueless there for a while!

Edited by Noceur

Oh, come off it, GoA.  That is the most clichish and lamest thing to put into a fantasy CRPG and it used as a tutorial for the player to get used to the controls of the game and for 1st level characters to gain a little bit of experience before going on to the bigger stuff.  Neither is needed for this module.

Oh, come off it, Judge Hades. You're just looking for reasons to bash the module so you can stick to your guns about anything NWN related.

I'm with GOA. You'll flip-flop on this issue. Perhaps someone will conveniently download and install NWN on your computer again, as luck seems to have played a role in your hardline stances against games such as KOTOR 2 and Star Wars: Galaxies.

Edited by alanschu

Well, some NWN expansion modules were fan-made and not always in line with what was supposed to be theme of game, yet they made for interesting alternatives to storylines, like say module Kingmaker and a few others.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Oh gosh, I must've not explained. I went into the cellar and there were some scurrying rodents. They weren't hostile. I walked around some more and looked at stuff. Nothing was worth seeing down there, which is realistic, as a real cellar probably has nothing worth seeing in it. So on my way out I decide that the rats are a good touch to the cellar. I check to see if they can be targeted by the mouse. They could be. So then I attacked one. It died. Totally unrelated to any missions. Some other rats came after me. I smacked each one on the head and they died instantly.

NOT a mission or quest. PURELY FOR FUN. The only bad part was that 1 foot long bones flew out of them.

So far, the module is as much or more compelling as the OC is.

No, I think you did explain. Perhaps you need to explain two or three times before it sinks in. :p

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

"Oh, come off it, Judge Hades. You're just looking for reasons to bash the module so you can stick to your guns about anything NWN related."

Just remember the following: Hades goes on, and on about the NWN OC is 'one of the worst CRPGs ever' yet he has played it 3+ times...

I think that explains everything we need to know. :p"

Windows ME is one of (if not the) worst OS'es I've ever had the displeasure of using. Yet I've used it thousands of times. Funny, huh?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Windows ME is one of (if not the) worst OS'es I've ever had the displeasure of using. Yet I've used it thousands of times. Funny, huh?

Do you proactively choose to install and use Windows ME, when other OSes are readily available and there is nothing specific to ME that is particularly desired? Moreover, do you actively choose to spend a large amount of time investment using it, despite the availability of other OSes?

Just remember the following: Hades goes on, and on about the NWN OC is 'one of the worst CRPGs ever' yet he has played it 3+ times...

And I think that Baldur's Gate is one of the best games of all time and played it about 40 times. Your point being?

Also I disliked Kingmaker. The beginning was so lame I decided to stop right there. I was going to go through that game with a monk and well it forced me to use a normal dagger that I couldn't unequip. Now it makes absolutely no sense to me for a 9th level monk to use a nomal dagger instead of using his knowledge of unarmed combat. Just too lame to bother with.

Also I disliked Kingmaker.  The beginning was so lame I decided to stop right there.  I was going to go through that game with a monk and well it forced me to use a normal dagger that I couldn't unequip.  Now it makes absolutely no sense to me for a 9th level monk to use a nomal dagger instead of using his knowledge of unarmed combat.  Just too lame to bother with.

I gotta admit, that'd annoy me as well. <_<

"Your point being?"

That if you hate soemthing you shouldn't be doing it. Duh.

"I was going to go through that game with a monk and well it forced me to use a normal dagger that I couldn't unequip."

Eh? Weird... I don't recall being forced to use a weapon... Hmm...

Edited by Volourn

..found all my old NWN disks and dug up the keys, and reinstalled on my new system. I've played about 5 hours, and it is really good. At this point it is on pace to be better than either expansion pack or any other premium modules. It's hard to put my finger on what is so good about it, it just had that old school flavor I have missed over the last few years, and they clearly spent a lot of time on all of the little details. I hope this Ossian Studios amounts to something, if this is an indication of the kind of games they would want to make.