Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford

"I thought you weren't playing the premium modules."

Eh? Where did I say that?

I said I wouldn't pay to download them.

I bought the CD version. Heck, I even reviewed it here... LOL :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

..found all my old NWN disks and dug up the keys, and reinstalled on my new system.  I've played about 5 hours, and it is really good.  At this point it is on pace to be better than either expansion pack or any other premium modules.  It's hard to put my finger on what is so good about it, it just had that old school flavor I have missed over the last few years, and they clearly spent a lot of time on all of the little details.  I hope this Ossian Studios amounts to something, if this is an indication of the kind of games they would want to make.

Ooh, you guys are making this really hard. :) Should I reinstall Neverwinter Nights to play this mod, and run the risk of overdosing on D&D and ruining my appetite for NWN2? Or should I wait until I've exhausted NWN2, in which case will I really want to go back to NWN1? Perhaps someone will be nice and convert it to NWN2, although I've heard varying reports as to how difficult that's likely to be.

Of course I'm playing (and still loving) BG2 at the moment, but the rules seem very different to NWN.

The best game for killing rats is Theme Hospital. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Do you proactively choose to install and use Windows ME, when other OSes are readily available and there is nothing specific to ME that is particularly desired?  Moreover, do you actively choose to spend a large amount of time investment using it, despite the availability of other OSes?

Uh.. Yes, yes and yes. Just sign it up under Vologic, I'm not going to defend my absolutely idiotic statement. I just felt it belonged in here together with Volourn's usual idiocy.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's pretty open ended so far, as well.

I've noticed that conversations with NPC party members can result in influence with them, but thus far I haven't seen if this is merely cosmetic.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ooh, you guys are making this really hard. :)  Should I reinstall Neverwinter Nights to play this mod, and run the risk of overdosing on D&D and ruining my appetite for NWN2?  Or should I wait until I've exhausted NWN2, in which case will I really want to go back to NWN1?  Perhaps someone will be nice and convert it to NWN2, although I've heard varying reports as to how difficult that's likely to be.

Of course I'm playing (and still loving) BG2 at the moment, but the rules seem very different to NWN.

I'd reinstall NwN now.

First off, you'll enjoy playing the game, without being prejudiced by the (much) improved sequel;

secondly, you'll get to play the premium mod; and

third, you'll finish just as NwN 2 is released.

:(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Do you proactively choose to install and use Windows ME, when other OSes are readily available and there is nothing specific to ME that is particularly desired?  Moreover, do you actively choose to spend a large amount of time investment using it, despite the availability of other OSes?

Uh.. Yes, yes and yes. Just sign it up under Vologic, I'm not going to defend my absolutely idiotic statement. I just felt it belonged in here together with Volourn's usual idiocy.

Then I'd say that's as foolish as openly playing a game that you don't like 3 complete times.

Are people just gluttons for punishment that they actively participate in activities that they don't like doing? I had no idea masochism was so popular.

Edited by alanschu