Favorite villian

Calax

Movies: Joker, The Devil (from the Stand though I seem to have misplaced his character name, lol), Rose Red (Rose Red),Freddy Krueger, Biff (Back to the Future series), and a host of others I'm missing.

TV: Faith Roscoe (General Hospital), Spike (Buffy), Lyla (Angel), The Borg (Star Trek: The Next Generation), and more.

Games: Irenicus & Bodhi (Baldur's Gate 2), Master Li (Jade Empire), The Master (Fallout), and more.

Books: Drizzt's Nemesis (Icewind Dale trilogy and beyond), The Devil (The Stand), Rose Red (Rose Red), and more.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

fritz haber

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

fritz haber

You've mentioned Haber before, and it's sparked my interest. Pardon me if I'm too bold, but did you ever finish your Haber biography? Or did you abandon the project in the wake of the Daniel Charles publication?

My villain? Father.

This sparked my interest. Don't hold out on us, Gromnir. Dish out the dirt.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The one that always comes to mind first is Von Glower in Gabriel Knight 2. Not really a villain in the common sense of the word, I know, yet he represents darkness and evil. It's an interesting take to have a bad guy in a game subverting without violence, and solely because he wants a friend. And the whole darkness drawing the light toward it is great.

Movies:

Gollum

Micheal Meyers

Vader

Palpatine

TV Shows:

Madeline and Operations

Callisto

Caesar

Books:

Sauron

Gollum

Jaraxle

Artemis Entri

Games:

Kreia

Diablo

The Master

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

One Im very fond of is Retsudo Yagyu from the old "Lone wolf and cub" comics.

Retsudo3.gif

He is deadly, ruthless, extremely cunning but still not without honour and a hint of humanity. Towards the end of the series, the writers shift attention much more to Retsudo than to the hero, Ogami Itto

( and yes, its a dirty manga but its ancient, late 60s, and properly drawn )

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Movies:

Gollum

Micheal Meyers

Vader

Palpatine

TV Shows:

Madeline and Operations

Callisto

Caesar

Books:

Sauron

Gollum

Jaraxle

Artemis Entri

Games:

Kreia

Diablo

The Master

Eeeew, Hayden Christensen made a whole list of villains. :blink:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

fritz haber

You've mentioned Haber before, and it's sparked my interest. Pardon me if I'm too bold, but did you ever finish your Haber biography? Or did you abandon the project in the wake of the Daniel Charles publication?

the charles book were an interesting read, but far too generous to its subject. Gromnir ain't gonna try to come up with excuses and rationales for haber's actions... and while our bio might end up being less juicy, we feels compelled to devote at least some effort to explaining haber's science.

not abandon project... and not finished neither. got lots of shoeboxes filled with note cards and a pretty extensive outline. unfortunately, our interviews with various german personages is over a decade old now, and even our caltech and berkeley stuff is getting a bit dated. sadly, just about everbody who knew haber in rl is now dead.

*shrug*

is something we pulls out and putters with when the spirit moves us... will probably take us another decade to finish at this rate.

am believing that haber is somebody folks will become more familiar with in the years to come. nitrogen-based fertilizers, while essential to support a human population in the billions, is leading to numerous environmental problems that we is gonna have to contend with.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

From books I've read, Dr. Hannibal Lecter is probably my favourite.

Comics-wise, I like The Joker (despite the fact I was never a batman fan), Orochimaru from the manga Naruto, and The Infernomancer from Dominic Deegan. Also, Trudy Truehart from General Protection Fault and, pretty much my all-time favourite, Litchfield from Instant Classic. Yeah, I like webcomics. A lot.

From movies, Stripe from Gremlins is just too much goddamn fun. I also like Major Toht from Indiana Jones and John Doe from Se7en. I also liked Peter Stormhare's devil character in Constantine, although that was pretty much all I liked about that movie. Same for Clown from Spawn. Clown was the only reason to see that movie.

Games - The Horned Reaper from Dungeon Keeper, although technically he was on your side.

Television - the TV show versions of Venom and Carnage.

So... I guess most of those are pretty psychotic. Hmm.

"Volourn, the name he went under was Randal Flagg and he is a good one."

Ahh... Thanks. Can't believe I forgot. Gotta watch/read it again. :(

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think that we need more villains that aren't the stereotypical villain. I mean they are ruthless bastards but they are justified in their ruthlessness and the havoc they cause. They aren't megalomaniacal, have an insane lust for power, or even psychotic. Perhaps a bit sociopathic in their behavior and have little qualm in killing innocents if it achieves his goals.

The Operative in Serenity is fairly close to this idea.

Edited by Judge Hades

I think that we need more villains that aren't the stereotypical villain.  I mean they are ruthless bastards but they are justified in their ruthlessness and the havoc they cause.  They aren't megalomaniacal, have an insane lust for power, or even psychotic.  Perhaps a bit sociopathic in their behavior and have little qualm in killing innocents if it achieves his goals.

I loved that villain! :ermm:

I think that we need more villains that aren't the stereotypical villain.  I mean they are ruthless bastards but they are justified in their ruthlessness and the havoc they cause.  They aren't megalomaniacal, have an insane lust for power, or even psychotic.  Perhaps a bit sociopathic in their behavior and have little qualm in killing innocents if it achieves his goals.

I loved that villain! ;)

I agree. He was cool, calm an unemotional about doing his job.

I knew it all along! Kaftan likes manga. Kaftan likes manga. Kaftan likes manga!  :D

*stabs kirottu in the face with a chopstick*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't know about favourite, but the one I have most wanted to be defeated has to be Grandma from the Preacher comics. Also best death ever.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.