Best of infinitity.

Gorgon

Certain connections are blocked on the server my IP is at. So no pirating for me.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Certain connections are blocked on the server my IP is at. So no pirating for me.

I think he's talking about Trials of the Luremaster, whichi was originally free for download, anyway.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

And that's it.. I tried playing through Planescape: Torment because it's supposed to be "teh bestest cRPG evah!!1" but it's not. It's a very one-dimensional affair, where you're forced to like the main character and the story to be able to enjoy the game, because that's all there is to it.

because everyone knows that you should be able to hate the main character and not just like them :ermm:

"What killed me was how they designed Watcher's keep. You don't have an uber dungeon that you can leave at any time. That was severely stupid."

Eh? Durlag's was set up in basically the same way. :ermm:

And, why are people complaining that TOB was 'too short'? It's the longest expansion I ever played. WOWSERS! :(

I do agree that Melissan was a horrible main villainess. Pretty much on par with the twins when it comes to horridness.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think he's talking about Trials of the Luremaster, whichi was originally free for download, anyway.

Ah, okay then. I already knew where to get it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I once tried Baldur's Gate 2 (I still have it on the shelf) but the beginning of the game made me feel like I was jumping into the middle of a story that I didn't understand so I never made it out of that laboratory before I lost interest.

Not sure you even want to, but there's a mod you can download that lets you skip that entire first part so that you jump ahead to Athkatla and can begin adventuring.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Torment, by far, despite its flaws, for its characters and its story. No other game I've played made me care about the characters so much. No other game left me sitting at the PC, speechless, when I finished it. Would love to see it re-made to support higher resolutions, better inventory management ...blah blah blah... all the technical stuff they learned to do better for the IE games that came after.

IWD + HOW + TotL. Best dungeon-crawl I've played. Severed Hand and those damnable ghost orcs and goblins. Around. Every. Turn. Grrr. Argh. Dragon's Eye and Dorn's Deep. Kresselack's Tomb! I used to think clerics were only good for carrying healing potions! Makes me want to install the game again.

BG2 + ToB. Second only to Torment in terms of number of times played. It's cheesy in a lot of places, but damn its fun.

IWD2. First experience with 3E rules. Could almost place this above BG2 for the character customization alone. Almost. Actually think I spent more time building parties than I did playing BG2! Beginning of the game was awesome. I got totally immersed in stopping the goblin raids and busting that damn dam, and the fight on the bridge.

BG + TotSC. Always will remember it fondly, but couldn't complete it a second time without Tutu. Never really understood why people liked the city of Baldur's Gate so well. I rushed through the rest of the game after I got to that point so I could play Torment. Shrug.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Is Trials of the Luremaster really necessary? 72 megs will take about 6 hours to download, and my browser disconnects after 2. Could get tricky.

Yes. Yes it is.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Hmm. Okay, it's not absolutely necessary to have TotL to finish the game, but it sure is a fun expansion. Maybe try a download manager like GetRight, that will resume a download where it left off if your connection is broken?

Edited by mr insomniac