Best of infinitity.

Gorgon

PST was an interesting effort, but it was pretty flawed: the radial menu was terrible, missile weapons non-existant, animations awkward and it was more like a book than a game in places. It was also very linear and I didn't find the NPC interactions that much more interesting than in BG2 (thank god for Morte).

I prefered the original IWD - beautiful graphics, music and a surprisingly complicated and compelling storyline. It reminded me of what it was like playing D&D with my mates when I was 12. ie: It captured the essence of PNP. HoW was not that great (but TotLM made up for that). IWD2 was ok but clearly suffered a bit from its rushed production schedule.

I liked the BG series too - it was really fun to collect all the iconic D&D magic stuff and the NPC interactions were new and fresh at the time. The expansions were a bit disappointing though, and didn't add too much to the game (ToTSC was poorly designed apart from the mega-dungeon and TOB was ridiculously overpowered to the extent that I would leave +3 swords lying around because they weren't worth picking up).

Edited by DemonKing

ToB was actually realy good, but short and 'cut in half' becouse not released BG3  <_<

Actually that is my complaint as why TOB is the worst. It's a combination of BG3 and a sequel. If the game were the same length of BG1 or BG2 then it would have worked. The way it was released, it didn't work. You leveled up 16 levels in an expansion so you could enjoy all the high level abilities and fight the high level bosses. Cespinar

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

ToB was actually realy good, but short and 'cut in half' becouse not released BG3  <_<

Actually that is my complaint as why TOB is the worst. It's a combination of BG3 and a sequel. If the game were the same length of BG1 or BG2 then it would have worked. The way it was released, it didn't work. You leveled up 16 levels in an expansion so you could enjoy all the high level abilities and fight the high level bosses. Cespinar

IB1OsQq.png

I just wish they had made ToB into a full game.

That I can agree with.. it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short :shifty:

It was short and a tad bit overpowering. Some of the items you could find was over balancing. A shame they did not make it like Tales of the Swordcoast, that was a good expansion, in story, the length of it and the trasure you could find.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

1. Icewind Dale 2(Yes, I'm serious)

2. Planescape Torment

3. Baldur's Gate 2

4. Baldur's Gate

I never found Icewind Dale 1, so I haven't played it.

Ooh, I see some familiar faces in the thread.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There's a used copy of Heart of Winter in my local second hand PC-junk sweatshop. I'm thinking of picking it up and then checking if I can find the original game online.

You can force it to play in a window, right? My screen doesn't support resolutions under 1072x786.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Obviously.

Heck, I'll look into it now.

kirottu said:

Alas, I don't need it.

kirottu said:

1. Icewind Dale: I used this to learn the combat of the IE games, because frankly, I think it sucks bigtime.

And that's it.. I tried playing through Planescape: Torment because it's supposed to be "teh bestest cRPG evah!!1" but it's not. It's a very one-dimensional affair, where you're forced to like the main character and the story to be able to enjoy the game, because that's all there is to it.

I have Baldur's Gate installed, but after playing Icewind Dale (with its smooth interface and good graphics) I'm having problems getting immersed in the game.

I once tried Baldur's Gate 2 (I still have it on the shelf) but the beginning of the game made me feel like I was jumping into the middle of a story that I didn't understand so I never made it out of that laboratory before I lost interest.

Icewind Dale 2 started out great but it lost me early on too as I felt way too restricted and controlled to have fun.

All IE games have a strange effect on me: whenever I play them it's like I am expecting something to happen that will get the game going. I'm like, "Oh, it must be after this map when the game starts to become good", but then I play and play and the game ends and I feel strangely unfulfilled. The weirdest part is that I don't know what the hell I am expecting to happen or why the IE games are so unfulfilling to me. I wish I knew.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You could probably find a game pack that has both IWD 1 and IWD 2 now.

There's several Icewind Dale compilations available at Amazon.co.uk, though I suspect there's also a handful of them on the .com shop, with Heart of Winter included. Too bad none actually has Trials of the Luremaster.