Icewind Dale 2

Dark_Raven

Well, I think its great Josh spends time on the forums and talking about not only his games, but games and other things in general. Not many devs would do that. And I understand why, it's like rubbing yourself with raw steak and hurling yourself into a pit of hungry lions.

A good rule of thumb is to always avoid game forums immediately following a games release because 75% of the posts will be people who are pissed off and angry.

WHy people even aspire to be a game designer is beyond me. Poor money, a lot of abuse, little appreciation. Give me a hot plumber anyday.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well, I think its great Josh spends time on the forums and talking about not only his games, but games and other things in general.  Not many devs would do that.  And I understand why, it's like rubbing yourself with raw steak and hurling yourself into a pit of hungry lions.

A good rule of thumb is to always avoid game forums immediately following a games release because 75% of the posts will be people who are pissed off and angry.

...hehehe...ye shoulda seen the heat when the ol' BIS boards first opened and HoW was oft-discussed...or when ToB hit the shelves...coulda warmed yerself by those fires fer months... :)

...anyways, IWD II was a good game; mebbe not the finest way ta retire the ol' IE workhorse, but a right good send-off all the same...imho, IWD II's strong points more than made up fer its few weaknesses (yes, e'en wit' the pokemon-worshippin' 3E rules)... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

He's cardboard super hero. I liked him in the first couple of books but after that he seemed unreal.

I haven't even read any of the books, and I still don't like him :devil:

I was tired of him after that first encounter in BG1 :devil:

I used to be a fan of his. Than Salvatore made him unbelievable and boring.

Killing him BG1 and BG2 was good fun.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

am not going to abuse the obsidian folks with our content complaints further... they has suffered enough, even if they deserved to suffer.

however, we recently attempted to replay (well, not actually "replay" as we never finished it before,) and the damned thing has such terrible slowdowns even on a relatively fast machine that we just couldn't endure a second attempt at a game we thought were mighty under whelming.  and yes, all our drivers is updated.  am simply disappointed at how clunky the game is.

HA! Good Fun!

Try turning off ambient sound... I believe that worked for me.

I haven't read Salvatore's books, so I thought Drizzt's party joining my forces in BG2 was a funny and exciting twist. I can understand that people grow tired of his supreme swordsmanship and snotty behaviour though. If nothing else, have him appear in NWN2 so I can relieve him of his nice'n shiny chainmail.. :(

I haven't read Salvatore's books, so I thought Drizzt's party joining my forces in BG2 was a funny and exciting twist. I can understand that people grow tired of his supreme swordsmanship and snotty behaviour though. If nothing else, have him appear in NWN2 so I can relieve him of his nice'n shiny chainmail..  :)

That would be a good thing, plus his swords as well. :-

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Drizzt is snotty? WOW! He's anything but. In fact, he's anything but. He's alwasy fearful of losing himself in hatred.

Some people should actually *read* the novels before making stuff up. Drizzt is far from perfect, and makes tons of mistakes, and is far from snuff.

Also read the short story about his encounter with a peculiar goblin. NOT a happy story to be sure.

DRIZZT RULES ALL!

People confuse Drizzt fanboys who run around with dark elf good duel weilding rangers with the actual Drizzt!

LONG LIVE DD!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Drizzt is alright i guess, I just wonder how many more times hes going to think all his friends are dead?

Plus I don't understand why hes always voiced with an English accent.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

nbelievable main villains (I felt no pity for them even though it was obvious you were meant to

No, you weren't.

That cracked me up.

I'm afraid I found all IWD a bit flat because there were no fine party NPCs crafted by BlackIsle for their interest and humour.

I have only played IWD through once, unlike every other Black Isle game, which I've done at least twice.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Every time someone 'steals' my silly sayings, I'm one second closer to Sainthood. Thanks, guys. :)

Anyways, IWD2 is underrated when it comes to implementing 3E rules. It does a very good job of it. In many ways, it's on par with both NWN and TOEE in this aspect.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.