Icewind Dale 2

Dark_Raven

I forgot about that :)

The unique items were pretty darn cool :)

It actually made me want to pickpocket people to see what cool things they had :)

I agree. I pickpocketed at every opportunity. Of course, I always saved before doing it. :huh:

I thought IWD2 was a good game. I didn't enjoy it as much as IWD but I was and still am a fan of the Infinity engine...I just think that engine worked well with a D&D game. I also thought the implementation of the 3rd edition rules worked great. Pathfinding could have been a little better but then again that seemed to be a constant problem in BG, BG2, and IWD.

My collector's edition is sitting on my shelf -- I'm still dissapointed I didn't get the "Ice dice" that were suppose to be included with it but oh well. I still would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys D&D games and doesn't mind not having 3D graphics.

Like I wrote, most people don't like my stories or the way I write dialogue, which is why I try to stay out of that aspect of game design now.

Did you write dialogue for the whole game or was each section of the game developed by a different developer who was responsbile for all the dialogue?

I thought the dialogue was fine personally, maybe I'm not the best judge of that though, since I don't criticize dialogue unless there is too much of it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I have two copies of the game, the collectors edition and the regular. I bought the regular one when the collectors edition was delayed.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I forgot about that :)

The unique items were pretty darn cool :)

It actually made me want to pickpocket people to see what cool things they had :)

The uniques are nice to have. I prefer the ones I make though. ;)

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I wonder how long it would take to reconstruct all the Infinity Engine games to use the NWN 2 engine.  ;)

:) Forbid that. I like the good old IE games in their simplistic 2D.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I think the IE games still look fine. A little big when you have to play them in 640*480, but still totally acceptable. I always find that 2d games age quite well in terms of visuals.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I know but there is something in me that thinks it would be so freaking cool to zoom in on Sarevok's decaying corpse and still hack away at it.  ;)

That is totally bizarre my friend. :)

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I agree with Gromnir in that I'd like to see you take a chance, Sawyer.  Maybe carry on a bit.  Your friends will support you anyhow and your detractors already criticise your work.  To fear such irrelevant labels as "cliche" or "hokie" is pointless.  To fear failure is unworthy.

Have you ever seen Good Morning Vietnam? There's a guy in there who goes on to replace Robin Williams' character for a while. He's totally unfunny, but he insists on continuing his show even though everyone hates him. When he finally gets removed, he defiantly says to everyone around him, "In my heart, I know I am funny!"

Who wants to be that guy?

Josh needs to rebalance his skills at his next level up. ;)

I actually almost hid behind my chair when the opening cinematic came up. *shivers* She was the only thing in all the IE games that gave me a fright, when she flashed up in the ice in that twisty cave map. A bit of horror with your RPG = :)

It seems unfair that Josh is staying away from story and dialogue since he never got a proper crap of the whip. If it's based on behind the scenes reactions then fair enough but I don't think IWD2 was a very good showcase for anyone's skills.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Its better to have a "rocky" development than a "bullwinkle" development.

It took me SO long to get this. :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's not.

Heh, I'm actually curious how many non-Americans got it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds