Official Obsidian Battlefield 2 Ranked Server Up!

Constant Gaw

Damn...why only the special forces maps? I've just got the original. >_<

...though I'd probably, during the course of fragging the bajeezus out of some developers, begin ranting and raving about how I can make plot holes too...in their asses. :D

(Only kidding...............................no, really, I am.......seriously)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I guess I should get this game now, but if I log on I have this nasty feeling that it would be one lone rifleman against a raving horde of something or other.  :)

Yeah, I would die so quickly.  :p

Just jump into a tank and drive around shooting stuff....it's what I do >_<

On a side note, what's the expansion like? It sounds neat!

Edited by alanschu

Hmmmm, I wonder if there is a double pack with both the original game and expansion as well :thumbsup:". I just might have to pick it up, it sounds pretty good anyway.

Plus, can't miss the chance to blast some devs! :huh:

Not likely, i suck at FPS : (

I checked out the expansion on Webhallen just now, and apparently you're able to play as a Spetznas in Special Forces! Now that's cool as hell!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Too bad both the original and the expansion are STILL selling at full retail price.

(EA knows how to milk it)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The tear gas is pretty hilarious to use on flags while your squad is capturing. If you're playing Support, you have a machine gun as your primary weapon and the tear gas as one of your other weapons. You can tell your squad to put on their gas masks before you fire the canisters into the flag spawn area. Lie down, take out the machine gun, and wait for wheezing rebels to come stumbling out of the haze.

Also, the grappling hooks and zip lines in the expansion are pretty jawesome.

BF2 continues in the fine tradition of having controls and collision so awkward that it makes Tribes 2 feel like Quake 1 in comparison. Also, the class balance absolutely sucks without the unlocks. Despite that, it's still pretty fun -- and the benefit of having a ranked server is that we can earn and save the weapon unlocks, medals, and ribbons.

BF2 continues in the fine tradition of having controls and collision so awkward that it makes Tribes 2 feel like Quake 1 in comparison.

I though the controls were pretty much in the higher range of what you can expect from an FPS and how is the collision awkward? The programmers have been dealing some with c-d here but not us lowly design&graphics monkeys.

..and will you be wearing your St. Christoffer beard when you play? :-"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The controls are more "realistic" than games like Quake, so they tend to feel sluggish and unresponsive in comparison. Sometimes I think that the invasion of Normandy took less time than the reload animation on a machine gun in BF2. The collision detection is really, really erratic -- especially for explosions. It's a common event for anti-tank units to try shooting right next to the corner of a building and having the rocket blow up on the invisible collision volume that sticks out an extra foot. It's also common for tank rounds and rifle grenades to explode right next to people and do little to no damage -- apparently due to a bump the size of a soda can being next to the point of impact.

EDIT: It's certainly better than it was in BF:1942, but it's still frustrating at times.

I think alot of us are right around computer upgraded time. If their still playing in a month, I'd be glad to pick up the game, but I doubt my computer is going to be handling BF2 very well as is.

We really should field a forum team

Anyways, so this is a private server, some kind of offical server you guys just meet up on, whats the deal. I'm assuming, since you gave the IP address, just a server you guys have in the office.

Edited by kumquatq3

Yes, we need a forum squad. But it has to be a pink squad.

I think alot of us are right around computer upgraded time. If their still playing in a month, I'd be glad to pick up the game, but I doubt my computer is going to be handling BF2 very well as is.

Don't believe all the requirments hype. I have a plain vanilla 6800 and it runs fine.

Edited by Bokishi

if I get high-speed internet around christmas, I'll certainly join. Especially if I get the chance to gun down Josh.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Don't believe all the requirments hype. I have a plain vanilla 6800 and it runs fine.

Well, people should believe the requirement suggestions about RAM. It's no hype that even with 2 gigs, you'll be spending about 30 seconds to a minute loading maps.

Special Forces also uses a bunch of full screen shader effects that slow down my system (P4 3.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 6800).

I dont think any system is capable of giving BF2 reasonable loading times. You just have to take the pan and find something useful to do all those endless moments youll spend staring at the load screen

:)"