Official Obsidian Battlefield 2 Ranked Server Up!

Constant Gaw

Never! We would never abandon our server. We may ignore it most of the time, but we do keep it close by.

So here's the deal: Lag issues are making the server an unattractive proposition for most of us now. The current plan is to wait until we get a faster internet connection (next month) before resuming internet play in earnest. What this means is that we probably won't be getting on the Obsidian server for the rest of the month, unless we're feeling silly.

For now, I guess we'll have to just wait (I'm a little bummed myself). When we start getting lots of players, I'll be sure to update everyone with what's going on.

Can't the OE guys play over the LAN?

I'm surprised there's lag issues. Though I have no idea what it takes to host numerous people on those games though. I haven't looked at the server yet, but perhaps a switch to 16 players if it hasn't already been done?

I tend to prefer the smaller maps anyways as it's more infantry mayhem, which I find the most fun :D

Exams will be over tomorrow, so hopefully I'll find a way to introduce you to my friend Mr. Abrams :D

Damn! I was on a swedish server last night! I am sporting a 1/2 ratio right now. That means for every kill I get I die twice. The funny (not really) thing is that no matter which weapon I choose, I get the same stats. I noticed I had killed 8 people with my sniper and died 16 times from one. I SUCK >_<)

Someone even walked up to me with a knife when I was crawling with my sniper..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Typically you can tell if it's us online because we use the [OEI] prefix.  Of course, anyone could use it, but if you see a bunch of guys labelled [OEI] chances are it's us.

I managed to see Major Dizzle (or maybe Dill...), TheOneTrueJoe and one other whose name escapes me last night. It was like midnight and I was in dire need of sleep so I didn't really pay attention to who I was shooting.

Not all OEI people are using the [OEI] tags, but here are most of the names = people.

Major Dillz = Darren Monahan

QA Confidential = Patrick Mills

djkillingspree = Nathaniel Chapman

OneTrueJoe = Joe Bulock

MongooseObs = Terry Hendrix

baby_goat = me

ConstantGaw = ConstantGaw

C4 = Brian Fox

neblig = Tony Evans

DarkTimmy = Tim Donley

huggies = Jeff Husges

Ferret = Ferret Baudoin

billgates666 = Jason Keeney

Rear Admiral Tubgirl = Eric Fenstermaker

Woebetz = Ben Ma

west_sayeed = Mustazar Essa

Mr. Creeps = Trent Campbell

I know there are a few others.

Not all OEI people are using the [OEI] tags, but here are most of the names = people.

Major Dillz = Darren Monahan

QA Confidential = Patrick Mills

djkillingspree = Nathaniel Chapman

OneTrueJoe = Joe Bulock

MongooseObs = Terry Hendrix

baby_goat = me

ConstantGaw = ConstantGaw

C4 = Brian Fox

neblig = Tony Evans

DarkTimmy = Tim Donley

huggies = Jeff Husges

Ferret = Ferret Baudoin

billgates666 = Jason Keeney

Rear Admiral Tubgirl = Eric Fenstermaker

Woebetz = Ben Ma

west_sayeed = Mustazar Essa

Mr. Creeps = Trent Campbell

I know there are a few others.

Am I a bad person for now having a fierce desire to meet Eric Fenstermaker?

I was so stupid when I created my Battlefield 2 account that I named myself.. mkreku. So now, everytime I play, I'm being shot to pieces by people with names like EliteSniperGod, AmericanBadA$$, Terminator_USA et cetera.. and I'm called mkreku. It's like a game of "Find the one that doesn't belong".

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!