Movies you've seen lately

Baley

By "hawt" I assume you me having both male and female reproductive organs.

I was more referring to fact that she has good lungs.

Its not really a movie, but I've been watching the complete Samurai Champloo

Good series, but I didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Samurai Champloo really needed a plot and some character development.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I rate Christian Bale as an actor... I don't normally like child actors but he was even awesome in "Empire of the Sun"  :)

;) How daft am I?

I was going to jump in and correct you, but thankfully I checked the next page of threads and noticed you have already realized your mistake

Now I don't need to waste a post telling you ;)

I saw The Ice Harvest over the holiday weekend. While I enjoyed it, it wasn't what I was expecting based on the commercials, which make it seem not necessarily light-hearted, but far more of a comedy than it actually is. There are some genuinely funny moments, but it's much darker than what I was expecting from ol' Egon.

Well, if anime counts, I've watched the complete Texhnolyze series (yes, that's the way it is spelled :rolleyes: )

I can't understand how anyone could bear with it long enough to survive the series. Incredibly cool technopunk-dystopia, with great visuals, but ah, so boring and so long-winded. Nothing like GitS 2: Innocense though.

Samurai Champloo on the other hand was the complete opposite. Would have been better with some kind of main story, but as conceptual experiment in anime, it was awesome.

Anyways, I watched Dawn of the Dead yesterday and can without any doubt say that it was the best zombie movie and perhaps the best post-apocalypse movie I've ever seen. As a story it didn't hold up to the root novels the genre is based on like for instance I am Legend, but as a movie...dear god. So good.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Team America, for the twelfth time to be precise.

"Derka Allah Muhamed Jihad...

Bak Allah Muhamed Jihad!

Bak Allah Muhamed Jihad, Allah derka derka Muhamed Jihad!"

"Muhamed Jihad!"

"Bak. Derk derk Allah.

Derka derka, Muhamed Jihad.

Hapa sherpa sherpa, bak Allah!"

"Ohh! Derka derka derka..."

pure genius

I can't understand how anyone could bear with it long enough to survive the series. Incredibly cool technopunk-dystopia, with great visuals, but ah, so boring and so long-winded.

Probably not your type.

It was just what I was looking for, so I watched the whole series at once. My favorite for now.

BTW is GitS2 worth getting/renting?

"Derka Allah Muhamed Jihad...

Bak Allah Muhamed Jihad!

Bak Allah Muhamed Jihad, Allah derka derka Muhamed Jihad!"

"Muhamed Jihad!"

"Bak. Derk derk Allah.

Derka derka, Muhamed Jihad.

Hapa sherpa sherpa, bak Allah!"

"Ohh! Derka derka derka..."

pure genius

Agreed :thumbsup:

Hence the sig :(

Samurai Champloo on the other hand was the complete opposite. Would have been better with some kind of main story, but as conceptual experiment in anime, it was awesome.

I liked Samurai Champloo, but i didn't realise it was so lacking in a main story... it's probably because i am satisfied storywise by watching the characters interact with a certain situation, learning, and then moving on.

But the fight scenes were high-caliber and the art was fantastic, it had its own unique style which i think sometimes gets lost when people make anime and it all looks exactly the same.

War of the Worlds

xXx State of the Union

Did you like either?

I thought WoTW was ok up until

the son disappeared

I haven't seen state of the union but i despised the first xXx.

WotW - It was OK - nothing to write home about. The best part of the movie was the daughter and Tim Robbins characters.

xXx - Actually not bad. Action being what it is - the plot seemed a little less forced and more believable than the 1st. Not sure Ice Cube has the same charisma that Diesel does, but I thought it was a solider script that had more edge. Plus more Jackson is never a bad thing, imo :)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

The Jacket

Kingdom of Heaven

I just saw Kingdom of Heaven a couple days ago.

The story shows a lot about how Christians totally lost credibility by going on the cruscades and killing "infidels". my favorite theologically incorrect quote in the movie was from a young catholic monk, "To kill an infidel is not murder, it is the path to salvation." lol, such bad theology for a Christian. I enjoyed Orlando Bloom's character because he looked past his illogical priests/advisors who were spouting out blasphemy and instead he focused on being rightous and benevolent. Surprisingly, it was a emotional movie for me, even though i felt that it slightly lacked in the romance department. i don't know how you could make that better, it must be hard to write romance well, but i thought it was good enough for what the movie is, and it complimented it. The Muslim main character i thought was generally a nice guy from what was shown.

In summary, you should watch the movie if you already haven't, but make sure you don't go generalising Christianity solely because of it, and even Islam for that matter. It's more of a historical fiction, so keep that in mind.

The Jacket

Kingdom of Heaven

The story shows a lot about how Christians totally lost credibility by going on the cruscades and killing "infidels". my favorite theologically incorrect quote in the movie was from a young catholic monk, "To kill an infidel is not murder, it is the path to salvation." lol, such bad theology for a Christian. I enjoyed Orlando Bloom's character because he looked past his illogical priests/advisors who were spouting out blasphemy and instead he focused on being rightous and benevolent. Surprisingly, it was a emotional movie for me, even though i felt that it slightly lacked in the romance department. i don't know how you could make that better, it must be hard to write romance well, but i thought it was good enough for what the movie is, and it complimented it. The Muslim main character i thought was generally a nice guy from what was shown.

In summary, you should watch the movie if you already haven't, but make sure you don't go generalising Christianity solely because of it, and even Islam for that matter. It's more of a historical fiction, so keep that in mind.

I'm starting to think you have a one-track mind, Blankie.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

It has some cute/funny lines that made me laugh, but of course it had plot holes the size of the moon. Not that I was expecting logic. Fun movie for a light romp, but nothing great. The direction felt a little 'cold', a little too distant, too.

But it did make me think that poor Greg Ellis will be forever stuck playing micro-cameos.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A girl thats a friend made me watch Personal Velocity. The highlight of the movie was a Conway Twitty song, Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On. For a while I thought that the movie might take a Monster type turn, but it was just quite boring.

Samurai Champloo has a plot, its wandering around looking for the samurai that smells of sunflowers. :lol:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

It has some cute/funny lines that made me laugh, but of course it had plot holes the size of the moon. Not that I was expecting logic. Fun movie for a light romp, but nothing great.

I thought it was, for an action/comedy, great. On of the witter movies like it I have seen in awhile. (I see this as the Rush Hour/Bad Boys type of movie, but better than both)

The Jacket

Kingdom of Heaven

Good thing one of us did >_<

That movie was as accurate as Gladiator, it was enjoyable, but largely false.