Movies you've seen lately

Baley

Dont do that Gabs, your palms will go hairy and your spine will wither.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

SW 3 on DVD. I'll wear out the disk pretty soon.

Surprisingly or not, i still haven't seen that movie :-

Must rent it soon...

Same here, actually... That's something to do. :blink:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

North by Northwest, I've been watching alot of Hitch****.

Thats one of my favorites in my DVD collection. The commentary on the disk with Eva Marie Saint is a little bleh, but the movie itself more than makes up for it.

Another oldie I always seem to enjoy is the Grapes of Wrath.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Saw Maltese Falcon. Great stuff.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

OK, here goes:

Zathura: Jumanji in space. Nuff said.

Star Wars III: Pretty good. Why didnt Obi Wan just stroll down and punt Anikin that last foot into the river of lava. Would have saved billions of lives, his included.

The Village: Totally craptacular. Shamalan owes my my 4 bucks back on the rental. What an assinine ending.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: Fell asleep after the chick turned blue. Why does Depp ALWAYS have to play the "freaky weird dude" roll?

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Weakest of the four so far and at almost three freaking hours long I was forced to trample an old lady on my way out of the theater.

The last movie I saw was The Brothers Grimm... both Ledger and Damon give surprisingly decent performances despite me disliking both of them fairly intensely... Peter Stormare successfully made me giggle and then there's Monica... *sigh*  :)

I saw it because Terry Gilliam is worth listening to; I like his take on reality and perception. I liked the little details all through the film (like the duck herder getting mad at Damon bolting his horse through his gaggle), but I founf the characters to be very unsuccessfully drawn. Nothing wrong with the acting nor directing, but I couldn't give a toss whether they lived or died at the end of the film. Which is a shame. Monica acted to her ability, which isn't much beyond speaking the lines, but then again she isn't paid to speak ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The Fog a couple of weeks ago. Pretty good for a remake.

Saw Underworld a couple of days ago on DVD.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Underworld was one of those 'could have been' movies. It had some fun/interesting stuff but it just didn't all gel together to make something great.

Crash was excellent.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Underworld is great. I lost count how many times I've watched it. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Some reviewers panned the head 'bad' vampire, but he was part of the movie that I really liked. hehe

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts