Movies you've seen lately

Baley

Why all this hate for Red Eye? :wub: I thought it was great. The airplane scenes were very well directed.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Jacob's Ladder, one of the best movies ever IMO. If one get connection between Jacob's personal demons and the ending, one has witnessed one of the best movies done in the last 20 years or so + some of the special effects (rapidly twisting head) were way ahead of its time.

Red Eye was avarage.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Jacob's Ladder, one of the best movies ever IMO. If one get connection between Jacob's personal demons and the ending, one has witnessed one of the best movies done in the last 20 years or so + some of the special effects (rapidly twisting head) were way ahead of its time.

Red Eye was avarage.

check out the old twilight zone episode, "an occurence at owl creek bridge," or read the short story of the same name. both were better than jaccob's ladder... an not simply 'cause they were the source material.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

@ RedEye...it's watchable, it's just nothing special. It's been there, done that, with an over-drawn out and rather boring & somewhat pointless first hour of set-up. The 2nd half of the film is better, but by then I didn't care. I did like the pencil/scarf bit tho. And I think the 'bad guy' actor is going to go places.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I thought Red Eye was good as well.

I watched Mindhunters recently. It was bad, but there were some really cool parts. The actual setting is pretty interesting, and LL Cool J is a decent actor in it. It was still bad, but if you can't rent anything else, it's better than some of the crap.

I think what bugged me most about Red Eye was the bad guy. And the script. When he was telling the hawt gurl to phone her hotel his dialouge was just atrocious.

But the empowerment of said female was a nice twist. Just not nice enough to save that movie. Did anyone else notice it was only an hour and fifteen minutes?

totally unrelated and off topic, but this made me giggle.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

hahaha!!! That was great. I wonder if he tells them that he's doing little funny videos or if they're all left to think he's some psycho kid. lol

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Eugene Jarecki: Why we fight

I wonder why I like this movie.... :-:wacko:

It's being released aftertomorrow in the US, you should see it. :blink:

Oh, I liked it too. Though, it was slightly onesided.

totally unrelated and off topic, but this made me giggle.

:D That kid is awesome. Ive seen a few clips with him and he always delivers the hilarity.

When I grow up I want to have kids just like him.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Red Eye was avarage.

check out the old twilight zone episode, "an occurence at owl creek bridge," or read the short story of the same name. both were better than jaccob's ladder... an not simply 'cause they were the source material.

HA! Good Fun!

Difficult to find, but i take your word for it that it's worth it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just finished watching the Super Mario Bros Movie, with Bob Hoskins as Mario, John Leguizamo as Luigi, and Dennis Hopper as King Koopa. Though not exactly perfect (Hoskins' Italian accent consisted of "watsamaddayous" and "fuggedaboutits") it can be solid in its own way, and definitley superior to the Super Mario Bros Super Show. *shudder*

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

^I remember that one. It was rather fun and a solid title. Nothing extraordinary though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I just finished watching the Super Mario Bros Movie, with Bob Hoskins as Mario, John Leguizamo as Luigi, and Dennis Hopper as King Koopa. Though not exactly perfect (Hoskins' Italian accent consisted of "watsamaddayous" and "fuggedaboutits") it can be solid in its own way, and definitley superior to the Super Mario Bros Super Show. *shudder*

Wow. I think you are the first person to admit watching and liking this "film". Ever.

It is known as one of the worst movies ever made.