Post your first post!

Surreptishus

I am getting the impression some people think that their first posts are untraceable - I will post it or a link to it if you don't.... unless its boring or deleted.

I was going to post mine until I discovered it was some completely unintersting inquiry about K2's music (which was brusquely answered by none other than good ol Nurbs)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Would this be a good time to introduce myself as a new newbie?

In my defense: I'm not a rabid gamer and the only games I play are KotOR, the Baldur's Gate series and the WarCraft series, so it only makes sense I only knew of Obsidian since the KotOR II: TSL previews started hitting the net(in fact, I was unaware of Black Isle's fall, ignorance on my part I suppose).

This was in a thread speaking to 'everyone who signed up post-sith lords' as if they were lesser beings.

Nothing's changed. Still not a rabid gamer. Not as polite now.

I was actually building up to that topic with all my posting previous to it. (It is good netiquette to post helpful answers to questions before asking your own questions, after all.) :(

And I think it is a reasonable mutation of this now-nearly-spent topic to discuss first topics. :-"

And I really liked that topic. :p

And maybe Rosbjerg will post more now that it has been mentioned again. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'll humour you.

OK, this is my first post, but I've been following this forum since the release of KotOR2. Beware a slightly long post, but this is my take on this whole business:

First off, to me Knights of the Old Republic III is a non-game until I am convinced otherwise by an official statement by either LA, Obsidian or another developer.

I do, however, wish to vent my thoughts on how to proceed with a third installment to the series. The game should definitely pick up from where number two stopped. The reason I feel this way is that KotOR1 really had its own closure, but with KotOR2, Obsidian decided to build on KotOR1 without really adding anything. They just came up with this very non-Star Wars Revan-didn't-really-fall-to-the-dark-side-he-just-went-Sith-to-improve-the-Republic bollocks, and it didn't really make much difference whether you said that he was LS or DS in the beginning of the game. Then the whole game was about another character (namely the Exile) who, in the LS ending, essentially just went after Revan wherever he was.

The whole issue with KoTOR2 kind of screwing the series up was obviously Obsidian trying to do something different and time consuming despite being given a very short amount of time to do it in. The idea was promising, but the result a confusing mess. Don't get me wrong here, I like this game and have played it through three times, but there are some unforgivable mistakes they made, that sort of has the whole 'saga' left dangling. It's not just the ending (which was very abrupt and crippled), but the whole idea of making the game keep focus on Revan when in fact Revan is nowhere to be seen in the game. They essentially decided to continue Revan's story without actually telling us anything. The only thing they told us was about his past, where they basically just changed the whole KotOR1 storyline. My DS Revan fell to the dark side on Korriban, corrupted by the dark side. He wasn't some sort of

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Aha! An idealist!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Mar 8 2005, 04:50 PM

I, myself, only experienced a few minor bugs in the PC version, like NPC dialog flashing by in a blink of an eye, and Odo’s dialog silent with no text appearing while I was blackmailing him as B-4D4 for money.

It really was no big deal.

As a player simply adapt and over come. :huh:

Tsel :)

Nothing major in my first post neither.

Tsel :blink:

This is long. Don't bother reading it.

I read somewhere that Kotor 3 is already in development. That might explain why an excellent ending to TSL was cut and a mediocre one replaced it. It may have been at the request of the Kotor 3 developers.

I think I read somewhere that the aim for the Kotor series was that each episode would stand alone, rather than being 'sequels' with the same characters, but this policy might have changed. I don't know who's developing Kotor 3, but I assume they had a good look at Kotor 2 while it was in development. They may have said 'We like this, we like these characters, we want to keep them. So don't resolve any of their issues, and don't kill them off!'.

From the Kotor 3 point of view, it might make sense. The whole 'You start alone, weak and neutral, you gradually pick up strength, allies, and align yourself to light or dark' thing has been done twice already. How much more interesting to start Kotor 3 strongly light or strongly dark, with an existing group of people, and have your alignment challenged, or lose companions during the game. It would be original, at least.

But from the TSL developers' point of view, it would be sticky, especially as this request would come late in development. Given budget and time restraints, the best thing to do would be to recall the actress who played Kreia and record a few ambiguous ending sequences, giving enigmatic but inconclusive accounts of the future of the characters. In other words, exactly what we see when we finish TSL.

It would also explain why Obsidian hasn't responded to players' criticisms of the ending. Kotor 3 is still under wraps.

So here's hoping that we will get satisfaction in the form of Kotor 3. If so, I'm prepared to forgive the poor ending of Kotor 2.

Well, so much for Kotor 3 being in development. :blink:

I started lurking just after I completed the game, which was shortly after the PC version was released in the UK. I was disappointed with the ending, and came online to find out if I'd missed, or misunderstood, something big. Aurora's cut content thread was still in its infancy, the controversy about to erupt. Ahhh, memories...

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I was actually building up to that topic with all my posting previous to it. (It is good netiquette to post helpful answers to questions before asking your own questions, after all.) :x

And I think it is a reasonable mutation of this now-nearly-spent topic to discuss first topics. :-"

And maybe Rosbjerg will post more now that it has been mentioned again. :)

hehe.. yeah I remember our discussion! you really gave me a run for my money with your endless questions!! ^_^

Fortune favors the bald.

I was actually building up to that topic with all my posting previous to it. (It is good netiquette to post helpful answers to questions before asking your own questions, after all.) :o

And maybe Rosbjerg will post more now that it has been mentioned again. :o

hehe.. yeah I remember our discussion! you really gave me a run for my money with your endless questions!! ^_^

Reminds me of a person on another board, who had quoted Bizzaro Socrates:

The unlived life is not worth examining. :wub:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

rules w/o context is near meaningless... 'specially when the folks posting the rules is the ones enforcing those rules.  you gots lots of rules, but until we see how they is enforced they is not helpful to us. 

HA! Good Fun!

yup... we is a damned insightful bastard and rereading our stuff were fun... watching exit from rpgkotex try to gets himself made mod, and seeing Gromnir play the message board prophet bit. is a little scary just how infallible we seems sometimes.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)