Post your first post!

Surreptishus

Mine was in a place that is no more. A poll about which BIS game was best :cool:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

First, I'd like to say hi. I've been lurking about for around a week now and decided to join the fun.

Now, to stay on topic, I'm sort of glad they cut the scene from the game. It was interesting and sweet, but as I believe Cloris said, a little too gut-wrenching (to be named "Darkside" I sure am a pansy laughing.gif ). As a fangirl (yes, another to add to your ranks) I would rather not have to WATCH Atton die. The happy ending where he and the Exile walk off together would have been nice though wub.gif .

Not much has changed really, fangirl from the first and fangirl until the end.

Though I'm getting a bit bolder.

Eru COF: Yeah but you have cooler avatars now. ;)

Edited by Darkside
sig2.gif

First off, good point, I don't like losing previously learned abilities for the sake of aquiring another, more powerful one that doesn't improve on the other's specific traits...Wow, it really seems like I'm trying to seem intelligent.......is it suspicious that I brought that up unprovoked?

Ahem, secondly, knock off the childishness people, lets be adults here...........or semi-adults....above 4th grade...yeah, that sounds right.  I think...

Not my very first, but my true first was a list of things I'd liked to have seen in KotOR 2...Dooooon't think I've changed much...my posts just got shorter.

And back to things of interest.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Ok, well this isn't my first account on the Obsidian forums. I'll never reveal to you the secret identity of my first account. NEVER!

first post was pretty boring, but i have a few that im pretty ashamed of...

xbox does NOT suck in fact its the best console in existence (ps2 sucks like a **** mofo'ing ><fish'>)

Yes i was a fanboy...So sue me!

havent played halo 1..just a demo....and thank gawd i didnt buy the sucky piece of overated sh1t

I wasn't too fond of Halo...

*ahem* PS2 SUCKS 99.99% MORE THAN XBOX AND XBOX RULES ALL!!!!

and if xbox sucks then why is kotor 2 coming out for xbox?

Fanboyism AGAIN.

firstly u made some mistakes there and i have never ever in all the years i have owned an xbox experienced the strange and rare anomolie that is ''crashing'' im sure ps2 gamers are intimately familiar with this since most of their games are riddled with bugs and the games themselves SUCK !

Im so sorry :(

from this day forth my xbox shall sit neglected in the corner of the room never to be looked at or touched again whilst constantly stealing jelous looks at my pc whose tower is hot with overuse of games and other such things

Now i know for a fact that i couldn't have written this...I must have been about 13 at the time. If anyone knows who did write this, please say so.

wow... people begging for mods... who'da thunk it?  ;)

After a perfunctory look at the changes in members posting styles i have to ask (again) How many o y'all are on meds? :(

The first day was funny. Not funny "haha look at this," funny "what the hell is going on, why am I laughing" ending in people actually asking for user mods.

Just some posts i found from my first account:

hiya!!!!! i just signed up to my first ever forum so welcome me and say hello.

also i dont think the MSG is revan cos in kotor 1 we hardly ever heard revans voice. also someone said earlier that it looks like he has horns so it could be one of those weird darth maul species...just a suggestion

My first ever post....Oh and look at my second post:

hiya!!!!! i just signed up to my first ever forum so welcome me and say hello.

also i dont think the MSG is revan cos in kotor 1 we hardly ever heard revans voice. also someone said earlier that it looks like he has horns so it could be one of those weird darth maul species...just a suggestion

errmm...im very new to this so forgive any mistakes i might make

also i dont know who atton rand is and no malak is not the manliest cos he had that ugly partial cape and he would twirl around in the air whenever he does a power attack so it look like he is doing ballet

Hahahaha! was i always this funny?

i dont mind it that much but it was my least favorite planet in kotor.

dantooine was just as pathetic... when you first arrive there bastilla says the sith would think twice before attacking dantooine yet its tiny!!

like REALLY tiny!!!!

Like REALLY REALLY tiny???

so....errmm...........anyway if teh pc version is being released later than the xbox version then that means it has to be alot better right?

You dumbass!!! God i just want to strangle myself after reading this...

i agree with jast and i also must congratulate jast for being able to deduct all of this and for being so understanding.....if only a certain hades_one had the ability to not criticize evrything he comes into contact with.

This may shock some of our newest posters...but hades wasn't always the fun lovin, cuddly dude you think he is. He would whinge, bitch, whine, complain and flame. He has improved ever since Kotor2 was released :D

Mine was in a place that is no more. A poll about which BIS game was best  :cool:

Torment is not just a game, it's a once in a lifetime experience, not unlike Ultima IV (and stupid me forgot my cd's in Europe when moving to NZ :( 

Apparently, I stalk Gorth also! :ph34r:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Gorth, I thought you were from someplace in Europe.  You're from New Zealand?

How's this for stalking?

Uhm, yeah. Always wanted to see what was behind the next hill. Got as far as New Zealand and ran out of hills. Couldn't get further away... :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Halo was great when it was released on the Xbox, it just took too long to get to the PC and FPS games rarely hold up against the currents of time. Sequels are rarely better than the original, especially when the original has so much ingenuity.

So are we only allowed to speak of RPG games here? That's kind of the impression a few of these posts are giving me. Bashing the Halo fan seems like a great way to build a community. And sarcasm doesn't translate well over text.

My second post, as the first was an obligatory greeting. This post was actually in October of 2004. That just amazes me. I left for a long while though. I really wonder who I was responding to though.

I came to these here forums in the hopes of fixing the problems I was having with KotOR 2. Never were they solved, but this was my first post, complaining about my problem where the dialogue would zip by in the blink of an eye until it got to a dialogue option:

I too am having this problem. Sound issues seem to be the most drastic bugs affecting my game, and while reloading the game from the last save usually works, sometimes that save is far back, and sometimes that just does not work. The fact that it becomes increasingly common the longer I play the game might suggest some sort of memory leak, but I am not an expert in these things. All I know is that I'm starting to feel like I was sold a beta version of this game. And that makes me rather angry.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Not true.  You could do 2/18.  Just don't level up on Taris.

A level 2 character on Taris would be owned...though if you were the scoundrel class you could sneak past most enemies(but that would be boring)

Not really. All you need to do is rely on your party members to deal with trouble since they can level up. I did Taris that way. It sucked though...

On to the topic. I don't think consulars will lose in comparison to guardians since the whole point of playing a consular is having a lot of force points. This purpose was defeated in KotOR due to the "force sensitive" feat that gave the PC way more force points than he/she was supposed to have, which meant that at the higher levels, guardians could spam force powers without much trouble. I doubt such a feat will exist in KotOR II, so maybe there will be a reason for playing consular after all...

Ever logical, ever wrong... :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"KOTOR uses a much more basic version of NWN's combat engine due to the lack of combat options and choices. However, the main underlying workings of it is basically the same.

As for Obsidian, I'd rather them make an original game; but KOTRO2 is not a bad way to go if they fix KOTOR's weaknesses. *cough* controls *cough*"

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yep... everything went down hill since I left because no one was left to actually fight for things (like keeping music on the site). Glad to hear they put the PST music back up.

Heh, every once in a while I check out the site and notice that they haven't done crap with it since I left. Last week I had to email my old boss to tell him to remove the valentines day card from the interact page. Geesh! But the only thing they've done since I left is remove things, add some news items and recycle my old polls.

Back when I was still bitter :D

Edited by krazikatt

My baby girl arrived 6/16/06!

I came here because I collect forums. Oh, and I'm also very interested in CRPG's and since there haven't been any good ones in a long while I thought I'd come here and somehow influence the developers so that they create the game of my dreams..

Hey, don't laugh, it might work! :thumbsup:

Very boring post. I wish I was more flame happy..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Oh yeah....and then after the Atton, julian, you posted Handmaiden, and said it was based after your Mom or sumthin'. And I was all, "Give me your Mom's number!", you were all, "Are you that desperate?", and I was all, "Yeah."

Good times.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body