I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

I think Volo would force himself to love that scene just to spite us :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Nonsense. I've watche dlike 3 movies to day - all had some idiotic actor yelling, "NOOOOOOOOO!" and sounding a lot better than Vader does in E3.. Why? The actor does a better job with the material. 'Nough said. Sure. Lines cna be cheesy; but just like good material can be flubbed by poor acting; cheesy material can be brought to a better place with solid, well placed acting skillz...

You are mixing things. The "Nooo!" scene is just out of place, and it's not consistent with what Vader is in the OT. That's why it sounds bad. But no matter how good an actor is, absurd/nonsensical/incredible lines don't change. On the other hand, bad acting can affect a good script.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"it's not consistent with what Vader is in the OT."

It doesn't have to be. The Vader we see in the OT has been part of the DS for 2 decades. The Vader we see being 'born' in the NT has just turned the DS, and hasn't quite become the souless machine that we've come to love. If you cna't tell the difference between this; that's your problem. In essence, the transformation sin't completely complete as of yet.

"On the other hand, bad acting can affect a good script."

On the other hand, good acting can effect a bad script. This is proven with shows like Hercules and Xena where the stories are as basic as they come yet the actors do an impressive job of making you believe.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This is proven with shows like Hercules and Xena where the stories are as basic as they come yet the actors do an impressive job of making you believe.

If your mixing up story with script then it's easy to see where your not getting it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

:(

Ok then. I'll say this the script requires those actors in Hercules and Xena to say a lot of cheesy things and do a lot of thinsg that would normally demand a bunch of rollseyes; b ut in the end they work because the actors - all of them - do a very good job - bring a lacklustre script to a higher level.

Basically, a good actor can elevate an otherwise poor script OR story just as a poor actor can devalue a good story or script.

Game over. Again. But, not really know the 'net.

:(

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

:)

BTW. Didn't Carrie Fisher also blame SW for ruining her career?  :p  Perhaps we'll hear the same from Portman in 10-20 years time.  :lol:

Ruin her career? Star Wars is her entire career. Without it, she'd just have been the daughter of some former famous people.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You forget a hairy muffed nun.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It doesn't have to be. The Vader we see in the OT has been part of the DS for 2 decades. The Vader we see being 'born' in the NT has just turned the DS, and hasn't quite become the souless machine that we've come to love. If you cna't tell the difference between this; that's your problem. In essence, the transformation sin't completely complete as of yet.

Was I arguing the reasons? No. As always, you are just intentionally missing the point. The facts are, that scene is not what one would expect from Vader. End of story.

On the other hand, good acting can effect a bad script. This is proven with shows like Hercules and Xena where the stories are as basic as they come yet the actors do an impressive job of making you believe sucking donkey balls.

:lol:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I din't read through that whole stuff, mainly because I can't read, but here were my thoughts.

"Nooooooooooo!" was just plain retarded.

"ONLY the Sith deal in absolutes."

Battles were very nice.

Order 66? 666? Devil?

Mace Windu shouldn't have tryed to execute Palpatine, or he would have his life, but in my heart, I know Mace schooled Palpatine like a little second grade bitch.

Padme was quite oily the first half of the movie but was freaking hot when she was dead. Is necrophilia outlawed in SW?

Yoda tapped into the DS didn't he? Or was he just blocking Palpatine's force lightning? I think the first because they showed a close up of his eyes, and then Yoda ran, so that's what I thought, but some others think different.

Obi Wan slaughtered that fool Anakin, just like that punk deserved.

Chewbacca was the best part of the movie.

Through no fault of my own, I had opportunity to see parts of the leaked workprint and the atrocious lines and horrid acting REALLY stands out because the sound mix is alot less polished than the complete version.

The whole mace vs. palps & anakins fall to the darkside is so increadibly bad. Ian McDearmid sounds like he's dubbing a childrens cartoon ffs!

Right now Id say that RotS has the worst script and acting of the series, but I could be repressing some memories of EpII

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But...

Christopher Lee did have an error free "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" performance.

I heard he was taken ill during filming. Dosnt have much luck with third installments, they totally cut his character from RotK.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I speed read through part of the Ep3 novelization in a bookstore while my sister was looking for a few books, and some of the scenes in the book were great.

I wish they had that entire conversation between Sidious and Dooku in the film, though I can understand why it was cut or was it ever filmed at all? It gives you a greater understanding of Dooku's motivation.

Also in the book Anakin grapples with his darker persona the Dragon...which I though was a corny name, but a few scenes with Anakin fighting with this darkness in his dreams might have been cool.

Given the fact that Lucas rewrote the script to fit the editing, there not much there that isnt in the film.

And, doesnt anyone react to the fact that all of a sudden its possible to travel halfway across the galaxy in mere hours or even minutes? Given the original trilogys style, going from Coruscant to Mustafar would have taken days.

"And, doesnt anyone react to the fact that all of a sudden its possible to travel halfway across the galaxy in mere hours or even minutes? Given the original trilogys style, going from Coruscant to Mustafar would have taken days."

Yeah, that was odd. Speed of the plot was bit too fast this time, methinks.

"...says who? you dont really get any impression of time during the journeys in Star Wars."

I seem to recollect scenes in ANH that indicated that FTL travel wasn't instant or anything near it.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!