I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

Hyperspace travel in SW did always seems a little strange.

The strangest bit has to be in ESB when Luke trains with Yoda during the duration of the Millenium Falcon's escape from Hoth, evasion of Imperial Forces, travel to Bespin and subsequent time on Bespin.

Does anyone know how long this took? It could be a few days or at least a month.

Was Luke really so talented that he learned so much in so a little a time? Or is it that hyperspace travel does take quite a long time? In SW at least.

Btw, about Palpatine's face:

"'Always two there are' --not only master and apprentice, but persona and true face. Unmasked by deflected lightning during his duel with Mace Windu, the Sith Lords true face is revealed to the world. But for the Senate, the Jedi could not damage Palpatine's reputation"

Got it from a scan from some book containing big pictures of Ep 3 characters, tech and whathaveyou, with some stuff like thrown in the middle.

Linky.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

I don't know if this was mentioned in this thread yet (I don't feel like scrolling through 31 pages), but something didn't make sense to me. You know how in ROTJ, Luke asks Leia about her mother, and she says that she was very beautiful, but sad. How could she have had the chance to know these things when Padme died right after they came out of the womb? Not to mention that Leia was separated from Padme right after and given to the Organas. Is this just one of those slip ups?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Who dares speak of plot holes to which we cannot give a logical answer! ;)

... Was Carrie really on coke? ;)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Who dares speak of plot holes to which we cannot give a logical answer!  :)

Tis I :D

But you would think that George Lucas would be smart enough not to do something like this.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

Btw, about Palpatine's face:

"'Always two there are' --not only master and apprentice, but persona and true face. Unmasked by deflected lightning during his duel with Mace Windu, the Sith Lor'ds true face is revealed to the world. But for the Senate, the Jedi could not damage Palpatine's reputation"

Got it from a scan from some book containing big pictures of Ep 3 characters, tech and whathaveyou, with some stuff like thrown in the middle.

Linky.

Thanks for the link, Sarj. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

Speaking of the Emperor, did you notice that in Empire Strikes Back, his face is FUBAR in the holo transmission thingy when he's talking to vader. It looked like one of his eyes extended a couple inches out from his skull. What was up with that? It looked nothing like him. And then in ROTJ his face took on the well remembered appearance.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Speaking of the Emperor, did you notice that in Empire Strikes Back, his face is FUBAR in the holo transmission thingy when he's talking to vader. It looked like one of his eyes extended a couple inches out from his skull. What was up with that? It looked nothing like him. And then in ROTJ his face took on the well remembered appearance.

I read somewhere that it was a different person, an actress actually not a actor, that played Palps in that scene.

It should be changed to McDiarmid in the DVD? Or so I heard?

I don't know if this was mentioned in this thread yet (I don't feel like scrolling through 31 pages), but something didn't make sense to me. You know how in ROTJ, Luke asks Leia about her mother, and she says that she was very beautiful, but sad. How could she have had the chance to know these things when Padme died right after they came out of the womb? Not to mention that Leia was separated from Padme right after and given to the Organas. Is this just one of those slip ups?

That's not a slipup per se.

Leia remembers the person she beleived to be her mother, just as she believed Bail Organa to be her father.

Luke assumes the woman that raised Leia is his mother, and he is mistaken.

I interpreted that to mean that Vader and the Emperor knew the kids existed, and would hunt them down. The dialogue in ESB now implies what we learned in RotS, that Vader never knew his kids were born.

On a tangent, when Baby Luke came out, I yelled "stop whining Luke!"

Has anyone noticed Luke does the same NOOOOO! in the ESB. It's not quite as bad as Vader, but it's still pretty bad. I watched it again last week laughing as I noticed the NOOOOOO! was very similar to the Vader one. LOL!

Anyway, I think the Frankenstein deal was more ridiculous than the NOOOO! or maybe it was the two bad clich

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

The whole thing was silly. And given where they ended up after the fight it still dosnt make a whole lot of sense(aside from having to fit with EPIV) that Obi Wan didnt finish him off.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The whole thing was silly. And given where they ended up after the fight it still dosnt make a whole lot of sense(aside from having to fit with EPIV) that Obi Wan didnt finish him off.

Tis not the jedi way!

Also he was as good as dead, so Obi-Wan just ran off :p"

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I agree. At least Yoda had an excuse, as reinforcements had arrived so he fled. Obi-Wan had every opportunity in the world to kill Anakin and he should have, jedi way or not. He should have put a stop to his evil.

@Darth Flatus. No, I won

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

That's not a slipup per se.

Leia remembers the person she beleived to be her mother, just as she believed Bail Organa to be her father.

Luke assumes the woman that raised Leia is his mother, and he is mistaken.

Aren't the Organas a bit too hispanic for Leia to not believe she was adopted?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!