I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

You are a a cruel and callous bunch.... has none amongst you a heart?

You're right Flatus.....if I was Obi-Wan I would have picked up Anakin from the ground, then put him in a wheel-chair and then from a small hill I would push his wheel-chair down the hill and then I would crack up laughing hearing Anakin say: Nooooooooooooooo.......while he rools down into the lava river facing certain death..... :devil:

Another issue I have:

If Ani thought he could take Palp out, and was only going DS to save Pad "phoned this performance in" me, then why did he continue to serve the Emporer (who he seemingly severly disliked) after he found out she was dead?

side note: I laughed at that younglings scene too :D

Another issue I have:

If Ani thought he could take Palp out, and was only going DS to save Pad "phoned this performance in" me, then why did he continue to serve the Emporer (who he seemingly severly disliked) after he found out she was dead?

Who knows... there was a lot in the movie that seemed shoehorned to fit what would have to come after I thought. Although after it was all over it was not like he had anywhere to go. The whole "tragic" Anakin was completely lost after the Jedi Temple.

The whole anakin lying there reminded me of that chimp thread , except in that case it would have been bloody stumps rather than neatly cauterised wounds :-

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Another issue I have:

Who knows... there was a lot in the movie that seemed shoehorned to fit what would have to come after I thought. Although after it was all over it was not like he had anywhere to go. The whole "tragic" Anakin was completely lost after the Jedi Temple.

Eh, I considered that, but I'm not sure I buy the "I got nothing better to do now, might as well be a dark lord of the sith trainee"

The whole anakin lying there reminded me of that chimp thread , except in that case it would have been bloody stumps rather than neatly cauterised wounds  :-

"If you think I look bad, you should have seen the chimp"

Eh, I considered that, but I'm not sure I buy the "I got nothing better to do now, might as well be a dark lord of the sith trainee"

"If you think I look bad, you should have seen the chimp"

True there does seem a lack of motivation for Vader post EPIII. Self pity dosnt really work for him :-

I spent some time at monkey world. I'm sure the chimp was fine :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I imagine that what we didn't see was Sidious telling Vader that Padme had betrayed him, that he couldn't trust anyone but Sidious and those he could bend to his will, that letting Padme choose what to do only made her turn on him, and to channel his anger into lust for power, or somesuch.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I imagine that what we didn't see was Sidious telling Vader that Padme had betrayed him, that he couldn't trust anyone but Sidious and those he could bend to his will, that letting Padme choose what to do only made her turn on him, and to channel his anger into lust for power, or somesuch.

dunno, that seems like an important bit of info to leave out, don't you? :p

I spent some time at monkey world. I'm sure the chimp was fine

You check on the chimp and not me? Traitor! Remember: Appeasement is the hope that the lion will eat you last. Don't trust the chimps.

dunno, that seems like an important bit of info to leave out, don't you? :p

Hmm. Didn't phrase that right, did I? What I meant, is that that is what I'd imagine happened in between the two scenes, not that Lucas left out that important information. Who knows what his ideas behind the motivation were, but if I were Sidious, I'd say that.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Hmm.  Didn't phrase that right, did I?  What I meant, is that that is what I'd imagine happened in between the two scenes, not that Lucas left out that important information.  Who knows what his ideas behind the motivation were, but if I were Sidious, I'd say that.

The problem is that Anakin was given too many motivations. The primary one which seemed to be save Padme whatever the cost was shot to bits when he thought he had killed her. Gratitude to the emporer dosnt seem too likely, revenge on Obi Wan ? Possibly , that could lead to him searching around the Galaxy. Anakin as a trgic figure just trying to save his wife might have worked if he hadnt gone around butchering children. He wasnt even involved directly in order 66 so without that scene he could have been very much the tragic hero...

In which case meeting Luke would remind him of his humanity. I expect somewhere along the way he would have figured out that he didnt kill Padme after all. Probably between EPV and VI which would reinforce his motivations for turning on the emporer , who had lied to him all along.

To me that seems to fit together better in relation with EP IV-VI.

478327[/snapback]

Another issue I have:

side note: I laughed at that younglings scene too  :D

i laugh at the word "younglings". could it be any lamer...?

i laugh at the word "younglings". could it be any lamer...?

using the word children would have pushed the ratings up. I never really saw Darth as the child killing type.. Even in EP IV when alderan gets blown up he's not actually the one giving the order.

The EPIII game Jedi Temple scene is much better than the one in the film.

I suppose they needed something extreme to make Obi Wan go chasing after him..

478327[/snapback]

I have questions :devil:

*and its to late and this thread to long to search them out!* heh

First off, I felt kinda so so about Episode 3 now I seen it. The effects were top notch and the different planet landscapes were great and the lightsabre duels were fantastic so it wasnt a waste of money by any stretch. Also I think Ewan Magreagor (sp??????) Did a fantastic job as Obi One. One of the main things about his proformance in Episode 3 was I could HEAR Sir Alex Giness in the acting which makes Episode 4 much more valid now regarding that. Unlike Haden as Darth Vader (think Lucas should have gone with original idea and gotten someone taller and more filled out as thats how Vader appears in Episode 4. Haden to skinny).

Anyways, my questions (as I dont read Star wars books so maybe these answered in those) that were left after watching movie.

1) Was the some signifigance to having Chewbacca there to send Yoda off from the Wookie planet? Chewy (that I ever noticed) doesnt seem to impressed or driven about Jedi or their cause (beyond loyalty and friendship) in Episodes 4,5,6?

Just wondering because if he helps Yoda escape and holds Yoda and jedi in high standing you would think he would at least show that somewhere in parts 4,5,6?

Just made me wonder is all?

2) Who is General Greivious? Loved the character honestly but was like.... WTF? Who is that when he appeaered in part 3? How did he become 3rd in command after Pap and Doku?

3) What w as the reason for killing all the jedi children and why did Anikan do it? Just seemed to me that sort of evil slaughter to that extent was way way over the top. Just was to soon to fast. Course I thought the turning to the dark side was also done very poorly. One second hes saying Pap must face trial and the next hes kneeling and blindly obediant? To much to soon IMO.

4) Lastly, I remember in episode 4 Vader was hunting down the remaining jedi, yet in episode 3 they all die from the storm troopers turning on them. What remaining jedi (as he doesnt get Obi or Yoda anyways) is he hunting?

5) Oppps really last, So the Death Star takes 17 years to build and it still isnt finished? WoW, thats some REALLY REALLY slow building! Cause Luke is like 17-18 in Episode 4 from what I see.

Anyways, great escape flick but not what I was expecting. I think it needed a extra hour in it worth of dialog to be honest to fill the gaps present. as an Action flick it was a great rollercoaster ride though from start to finish!

1) Was the some signifigance to having Chewbacca there to send Yoda off from the Wookie planet? Chewy (that I ever noticed) doesnt seem to impressed or driven about Jedi or their cause (beyond loyalty and friendship) in Episodes 4,5,6?

Just wondering because if he helps Yoda escape and holds Yoda and jedi in high standing you would think he would at least show that somewhere in parts 4,5,6?

Just made me wonder is all?

2) Who is General Greivious? Loved the character honestly but was like.... WTF? Who is that when he appeaered in part 3? How did he become 3rd in command after Pap and Doku?

3) What w as the reason for killing all the jedi children and why did Anikan do it? Just seemed to me that sort of evil slaughter to that extent was way way over the top. Just was to soon to fast. Course I thought the turning to the dark side was also done very poorly. One second hes saying Pap must face trial and the next hes kneeling and blindly obediant? To much to soon IMO.

4) Lastly, I remember in episode 4 Vader was hunting down the remaining jedi, yet in episode 3 they all die  from the storm troopers turning on them. What remaining jedi (as he doesnt get Obi or Yoda anyways) is he hunting?

5) Oppps really last, So the Death Star takes 17 years to build and it still isnt finished? WoW, thats some REALLY REALLY slow building! Cause Luke is like 17-18 in Episode 4 from what I see.

Anyways, great escape flick but not what I was expecting. I think it needed a extra hour in it worth of dialog to be honest to fill the gaps present. as an Action flick it was a great rollercoaster ride though from start to finish!

I think it was his father who held Yoda in high regard. Chewy was just there as a cameo.

No idea though he came across as a prototype Darth Vader to me. The hacking cough made that worse but It's also the organic/mechanic connection. I guess he was created by Dooku and/or the emporer. In the clone wars cartoon he's way more fearsome and he's being personally trained by Dooku as a Jedi killer.

Because they are Jedi even if they are children. You cant purge the Jedi and leave the next generation alive. Why did Anakin do it? Maybe they wanted people to not feel sorry for him when he fell. And to give Obi enough of an incentive to run after him. Although to me it felt really heavy handed. Vader as the tragic fallen hero was much more worthy than Vader the child killer.

I dont think they got all of them. Thats why Yoda and Obi deactivated the becon in the temple.

The film ended too early in the timeline really. If Bali Organa had been declared traitor at that point then why did it take nearly 20 years to get around to Alderon? Leia was a senator yet the senate was disbanded much earlier according to EPIII.

You have about as much time between the end of EPIII and the start of EPIV as you do between EPI and EPIII.

478327[/snapback]

My thoughts Kalfear,

1) I think Chewbacca just had great respect for Yoda rather than the entire Jedi Order. Yoda says he has good relations with the Wookies so no doubt he had helped them out some way in the past. Maybe even had life-debts with the important members of Wookie society?

2) I think there's a book detailing Grievous' story. No doubt other members will be better informed. I'm looking at you Nurbs.

3)Yeah, I agree that Anakin fell too fast too far. Maybe the novelization details it better, but in the movie it feels way too fast.

4) There were probably Jedi survivors who escaped slaughter, either by escaping from the clone troopers through luck or skill, or jedi who were on secret, espionage type missions alone in the field. I think it would have been better to see Vader fall gradually from ep 1 and 2 then have the 3 dedicated to Vader hunting down Jedi. That would have been cool.

5) You forget there were 2 Death Stars. The first one is the one we see at the end of ep 3. It is destroyed at the Battle of Yavin in Ep 4, by none other than Luke Skywalker. The Empire then secretly begins to build a new bigger Death Star that improves upon the original design(though its not that much, I mean fighters can freakin fly into the main generator...) and that is around 3/4 complete during ep 6.

To Paladin,

Was Bail Organa declared traitor in the movie? Although Sidious probably knew who his proponents and opponents were, he still had to have the approval of most of the Senate in the early days of the Empire while he consolidated his power further. The outright slaughter of senators would most likely cause massive revolt across the galaxy and without some kind of superweapon to control the galaxy, even a Sith Lord had to follow the basic rules of politics and power.

He didn't disband the Senate in Ep3. Instead he said something to the effect of, "The republic will be reorganized into the first galactic empire, ruled over by this august body and lead by an emperor elected for life!" He wanted to give the illusion of power to the senators, make them think they were in still in charge.

Then ep4 rolls around and the Death Star is completed and then BOOM! senate disbanded. Don't like it? Ok! We'll blow your planet up! You remember that scene don't you? Tarkin announces the emperor has done away with the last remnant of the Republic. Another officer timidly asks if that various worlds would stand for that and Tarkin replies, "Fear will keep them in line."

5) You forget there were 2 Death Stars. The first one is the one we see at the end of ep 3. It is destroyed at the Battle of Yavin in Ep 4, by none other than Luke Skywalker. The Empire then secretly begins to build a new bigger Death Star that improves upon the original design(though its not that much, I mean fighters can freakin fly into the main generator...) and that is around 3/4 complete during ep 6.

The first one took a heck of a long time to build compared to the second one it looks pretty well deathstar like in the EPIII shot and yet its another 18-19 years before they get it operational... The reason the fighters could fly into mkII is because the second one was unfinished. Thats why it had the energy shield from Endor for protection.Once complete presumably it didnt have an exhaust port placed at the end of a trench.

If you have a console that can run the EPIII game a lot of the sequences in the game are better than those in the film.

478327[/snapback]

Maybe the workers formed a Labor Union or something and Sidious had to come up with health and dental plans as well as other employee benefits to appease them. :devil:

Then he had to put in place an elaborate scheme, to make the disbandment of such employee organizations perfectly legal. It must have been a grueling process of endless committee meetings, legal interpretations, discourses on financial and economical repercussions and other manipulative lobbying intentionally caused by Sidious and Vader to finally bring the Senate to approve that such unions were a direct threat to the peace and stability of the galaxy. Sidious denounced them as traitors and ordered their immediate demise.

Sidious then enacted Order 72 and had all the clone troopers kill off union leaders and their advocates while he sent Vader to kill any stragglers that might have escaped.

Then they had to train a new work force!

In the shadows, Sidious grins with an evil satisfaction and murmurs, "Soon I will have a new work force, a younger more powerful work force."

I was watching this film again over the weekend, and remembered something I though of the first time watching, but forgot to mention in my post.

Did anyone (who's seen Big Trouble in Little China) get the feeling you were actually watching Egg Shen vs David Lo Pan instead of Yoda vs Sidious? Especially in the first room (before they rise into the Senate chamber). It was so much like that fight from the above movie, I remember chuckling a little.

I was watching this film again over the weekend, and remembered something I though of the first time watching, but forgot to mention in my post.

Did anyone (who's seen Big Trouble in Little China) get the feeling you were actually watching Egg Shen vs David Lo Pan instead of Yoda vs Sidious?  Especially in the first room (before they rise into the Senate chamber).  It was so much like that fight from the above movie, I remember chuckling a little.

Not really but when I saw the giant bubble at the "opera" I thought they were watching a Bliztball match.

478327[/snapback]

Did anyone (who's seen Big Trouble in Little China) get the feeling you were actually watching Egg Shen vs David Lo Pan instead of Yoda vs Sidious?  Especially in the first room (before they rise into the Senate chamber).  It was so much like that fight from the above movie, I remember chuckling a little.

Not really but when I saw the giant bubble at the "opera" I thought they were watching a Bliztball match.

Nope, didnt think that either :thumbsup:

What got me was, How easiely Mace defeated the Emporer in the first fight but how completely the emporer owned Yoda in the second fight. I just chalked that up to the emporer playing possem though to turn Anikin. Doesnt explain the scenes before Anikin arrives in the room but hey, I can go with some suspension of disbelief :p heheh

Ha ha, me too. What was that anyway?

sig2.gif

Ha ha, me too. What was that anyway?

Mon Calamari ballet, apparently.

I still a bit 'huh?' about Anakin's fall to the darkside - he wants to save Padme, but why would he trust the Sith Lord that tried to have her killed/captured several times?