I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

They didn't have Luke Skywalker with them so they died :(

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I thought the Jedi Masters fell way too easily.  Especially the ones that accompanied Mace to arrest Palpatine.  Like what was that?  Gee let's stand there and let an old guy stick a lightsaber in me without trying to block or move.

That's what I thought, too. The only way I could justify it in my mind was that Sidious was THE Sith Master so he executed a move that no one had ever seen before. I know thats stretching it, but thats the only thing I could think of. Only Mace, being the senior member of the Jedi Council, knew how to defend against it.

But all in all, I really thought the Jedi were a bunch of panzis. Especially after how they were portrayed in the Clone Wars animated series. In Clone Wars, they pretty much lived up to my imagination of what a Jedi Knight would be like in his or her prime. An unkillable bada@#.

But in ROTS, they are not only disposed of by Clone Troopers, but they are completely lacking of any kind of intelligence. They just walk right into traps blindly and seem only concerned with their own Order as opposed to the Republic itself.

After watching the way Lucas portrayed them in the movie, I was left wondering how they survived THIS long.

Also, the way Anakin fell made him look like a complete idiot. I'm sorry, but it did. He goes from, "What have I done??!", to willingly walking into a room and killing a bunch of innocent children. WTF?

This is why I've always said that Anakin should've started off the prequels older. His fall to the darkside should've started at the end of Episode I, which is also where I thought the Clone Wars should've started. The second episode could've just been a balls to the wall Clone Wars movie, while still showing Anakin's gradual fall to darkness.

At the end of EP2, he would've made a decision that pretty much would have sealed his fate. By the time we got to EP 3, he would pretty much be Darth Vader. There would be nothing left to do but show the fall of the Jedi at the hands of Vader and Sidious.

But oh well. I mean, Lucas is a visionary and I totally see where he was going with Anakin's fall. He planted the seed in TPM when Yoda tells Anakin in the Jedi Council chamber that fear is the path to the darkside. All this time, Anakin was terrified of losing Padme. It was this fear that lead him to be angry, but most importantly desperate.

He was desperate to save the woman he loved. His wife and the mother of his children. But he didn't know how. All he knew was that there was this horrible prospect of loss in his heart that he couldn't bear. This caused unimaginable fear. That's why Yoda tells him in EP III that Anakin must learn to let go of all that because it's greedy and selfish. However, in the end, human nature got the best of him.

Could any of you honestly say that you wouldn't "go over to the darkside" in an effort to save the ones that you love if you thought they were in danger? Especially if you thought that by doing so, you would ensure the safety and security of your friends and/or family? Remember: you are DESPERATE here. You honest to goodness believe the person that is THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN YOUR LIFE (your wife, husband, mom, dad, best friend, girlfriend/boyfriend, whoever) is going to die and you feel utterly helpless to stop it.

And then someone who has always been in your life, a mentor to you, someone you trust and has always looked after you and showed you affection and respect where no one else would, offers you a way to save this person. Would you honestly turn this down when you feel that no one else hears you or understands how you're feeling. When you are generally confused and caught up in the vacuum of a huge war while you're only in your 20s and have been told that, oh by the way, you are the chosen one who will bring balance to the Force.

This poor man was FATED to go over to the darkside. Seriously.

This is why Anakin and Darth Vader in general, is a tragic figure in every sense of the word. He allowed himself to be duped because he was desperate to save the woman he loved, to defeat the aspect of doubt in his heart. But when all was said and, there was only suffering. Which is exactly what Yoda said in TPM.

The problem is Lucas did a terrible job conveying all this in a script or on the big screen. It just comes off as rushed and empty.

Among my group of friends, this has become something of a running gag with me, since it's my gripe with just about every movie that I don't like... but aside from George Lucas being a hack, I think my problem with the entire prequel trilogy is that Anakin Skywalker was miscast (Kristy, if you ever happen to read this--bite me).

Seriously. As a little boy, the actor portraying Ani (*shudder*) was clearly trying far too hard to be cute, and the lines he was given to recite weren't helping (hearing him ask Padme if she was an angel made me embarrassed just sitting there in my seat). Terrible.

And I'm sorry, but Keanu Reeves would have made a better Darth Vader than Hayden Christensen. I honestly never thought I'd live to hear myself say that Keanu Reeves would make a better anything, but Hayden really takes the cake. It's almost like he wasn't sure how Anakin Skywalker was supposed to behave, so he just borrowed from his role in Life as a House and reduced Darth Vader to a whiney b*tch. Reeves can't be anything but sullen or stoic, but that's still far preferable to whiney. I don't know what possessed Lucas to cast Christensen for this role, but he f***ed up. Big time. James Earl Jones left some admittedly big shoes for Hayden to fill, and he just wasn't up to the task.

Maybe these actors were just doing what the script called for? Maybe Anakin was cute because he was a 9 year old? Maybe he was a whiny b*tch because he was a horny teenager trying to prove he's a man? Lloyd and Christensen didn't f*** up they just did what they were supposed to do.

Its so interesting to me that people assume the ACTORS chose what direction to take the characters, and they also assume that Darth Vader was *ALWAYS* a bad a** mother f***** who didn't care about anything except finding the plans to the Death Star and stopping the Rebellion.

Death Of Padme-

Any one think that looked a tad out of place in a Star Wars film??

The whole birth thing and the necklace thing that Anakin made in her hand at her funeral. (Did anyone notice the new queen of Naboo? another teenage girl! That cannot be a good way to run a planet can it?)

P.S- Did anyone see Padme's parents at her funeral??

They missed out on Episode 2

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I thought it was alittle rushed at first too, but the more you think about it makes sense....

Ok, so you just backstabbed and helped murder the second most powerful jedi on the high council, to save your pregnant wife from death...no matter what happens you are in huuuge trouble, you'll be kicked out of the Jedi and lots of bad stuff is coming...on the other hand the person you helped out is the DARK LORD OF THE SITH, who has been manipulating you all these years, now you have mixed feelings of hate, and need for him...You need him to save your wife, who is the only person you have left...if you try to go against Sidious your most likely going to get ur ass handed to you...at this stage...so you have to swear yourself to his teachings to save padme, and live...for now...later he probably planned to kill the emperor just like he said, cuz he hates him, but he fears him and needs him at the same time....

so you've got to make a desicion FAST.....

plus the fact that anakin has hate in his heart for a long time and fear of loss...he's obviously not the perfect jedi...he's been on the verge of the darkside for awhile....

the turn isnt so rushed when u think of it that way...its nessessary

I didn't mind the Vader "Noooo" scene. He basically crushed everything in the area, and it's basically the last bit of his humanity leaving him.

I also loved the Emperor's reaction. He tells Vader that Vader killed Padme, and Vader loses it. A quick shot of the Emperor shows a little smile on his face.

I also didn't mind the "quick" turn. He'd already begun his turn to the darkside in Episode II when he butchered the sand people. Killing Dooku, and his confusion about everything. I don't think the turn was "quick" at all, since it started in the previous movie.

Nah Kaftan, I liked that scene. You could sense Anakin's frustration. All this time he knows he's more powerful than Obiwan, saved his ass on numerous occasions, probably feels superior to Obiwan in almost every way.

Than he ends up with 3 extremities cut off, helpless before Obiwan. He probably thinks Obiwan tricked him somehow, tricked Padme into turning against him and vents that anger.

It's like with Exar Kun. He was already half on the dark side at the moment Nadd forced him to plead allegiance.

Many folks are dissatisfied both with Anakin and Exar scenes of fall (as they say unrealistic) but in my opinion they are just coup de grace to already existing darksiders.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I didnt have any problems problems with the Anakin fall scene because my overactive imagination filled in the blanks.

Exar Kuns afll on the other hand, noone could sell me on that. He was headed in the wring direction, sure but he still joined the darkside like you flick a lightswitch. Its like his "yes" gave him 50 instant dark side points.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

if you try to go against Sidious your most likely going to get ur ass handed to you...at this stage...so you have to swear yourself to his teachings to save padme, and live...for now...later he probably planned to kill the emperor just like he said, cuz he hates him, but he fears him and needs him at the same time....

so you've got to make a desicion FAST.....

I don't think Palps could have stood against Anakin after the showdown with Mace. It could all be a scene, but if so, he was taking a HUGE risk with it.

But overall, I don't think Anakin's fall was rushed. He didn't just turn evil, he was confused by the emperor's lies (which were one of the most solid parts of the movie IMO) and all he cared about was saving Padme, pressed even further by his prophetic dreams. Dreams that I think probably were Palps' handiwork to begin with...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

... Dreams that I think probably were Palps' handiwork to begin with...

I thought that was a possibility too or it might be a foreshadowing of Luke sensing his friends in trouble on cloud city in ESB.

Another point about Palpatine's grand designs is who created anakin or how was he conceived? When Palps tells the story of plagueis he says that plagueis found a way to create life from the (ugh) midichlorians. In ep 1 qui gonn describes anakin as having been born of the midichlorians.

Is this a coincidence due to GL not noticing continuity or does

it have a deeper meaning?

Source found here: http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?a...38&obj_id=48836

Improtant Stuff Below:

(Lucas) said, no question about it, prior to PHANTOM MENACE. He said, that if he did ever do another storyline.... that he would do when the Jedi regained control of the universe from the Dark Lords (there were many of them) 800 years before PHANTOM MENACE. And a young Jedi named Yoda was instrumental in the effort.

Of course, this is gossip right now; but when it comes to such a gaurnateed successful franchise like this and the fact that Lucas is rightly proud of the Universe he's created; i surely wouldn't really rule out any more movies. Though; I'd rather have an E7-9 series; this prequel to the prequel may be workable...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Does this mean that the Jedi vs Sith comics will be ignored? Those comics tell the story of the Battle at Ruusan where hundreds of Jedi faced off against the Brotherhood of the Sith. At the end, the Sith facing defeat, create a type of Force bomb that annihilate and trap both their spirits and the spirits of the Jedi they were battling.

Only Bane survives among the Sith and goes on to create the law of 2 thing.

I though this was when the Sith turn all shadowy and secretive, their plans to take over the galaxy culminating with Palpatine and Vader.

It seems the movie, if made, will show something different.

I wouldn't mind though, I didn't particularly like the Jedi vs Sith comics all that much. I think it was the art style.

Does this mean that the Jedi vs Sith comics will be ignored? Those comics tell the story of the Battle at Ruusan where hundreds of Jedi faced off against the Brotherhood of the Sith. At the end, the Sith facing defeat, create a type of Force bomb that annihilate and trap both their spirits and the spirits of the Jedi they were battling.

And... don't forget the lightwhips and golden flying pirate ships.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And... don't forget the lightwhips and golden flying pirate ships.

Yes, I wish these struck from the Jedi archives.

I see, well it was all freaking sad anyway. Also when the clones shoot down that Jedi Master with the rebreather mask, always thought he was a cool cat. I guess it was more how helplessly cought off guard they were, than the fact that they got wasted.

Instead they're just shot in the back and cut down like worthless punks. (I really felt sad for the Master in the fighter). Hope there's some cut footage out there.

Plo Koon rocks! They should have Kel Dors in K3. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

You would think the Jedi would have received some warning through the Force about the sudden intentions of the Clones.

Hmm, unless the troopers being clones somehow prevents the Force from affecting them like natural life forms. Or maybe Sidious instructed them to be cloned without midichlorians?

Didn't master Ki-whatever with the big head turn around before they starting firing? I guess in a ship out in space its probably a little harder to feel the force... :blink:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Didn't master Ki-whatever with the big head turn around before they starting firing?  I guess in a ship out in space its probably a little harder to feel the force... :blink:

To his credit Ki-Adi-Mundi put up a bit of a fight...but still - you would think a senior Jedi Master would be able to wipe the floor with them. When Obi-Wan jumped in on General Grievous (quite literally), I'm sure he was outnumbered even more greatly; and he still kicked their asses.

manthing2.jpg

The whole Clone Troopers wiping the asses of Jedis disturbed me too until I realized that in the Lucas universe Bounty Hunters are extremely effective killers of Jedi.

Who again were the Clone Troopers? Well, how about clones of a bounty hunter (Jango Fett)? :blink:

Oh, and something that a fellow co-worker and I discussed: What if "Order 66" was simply the removal of a hypnotic suggestion to not harm the Jedi, because their genetic instinct would be to wipe the Jedi out, being clones of a bounty hunter, and all?

... Dreams that I think probably were Palps' handiwork to begin with...

I thought that was a possibility too or it might be a foreshadowing of Luke sensing his friends in trouble on cloud city in ESB.

Another point about Palpatine's grand designs is who created anakin or how was he conceived? When Palps tells the story of plagueis he says that plagueis found a way to create life from the (ugh) midichlorians. In ep 1 qui gonn describes anakin as having been born of the midichlorians.

Is this a coincidence due to GL not noticing continuity or does

it have a deeper meaning?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

If Palpy was behind Anakin's conception, it might explain his obsession with Vader's eventually supplanting him as a worthy Dark Lord of the Sith. It also explains Palpy's weakness in his trusting Anakin, as he expects his perfectly created and groomed Sith Lord to not betray him. (at least not in a non-Sithy way)